REVIEW: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!" - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!"

This episode was somewhat disappointing. The only real good things were Adler mowing down Trip's overgrown garden hose, Cynthia, and Ash looking competent again (to a degree, anyway, but better than he's been lately).

Looks like Trip underestimated Adler. He may have been able to pretty much OHKO his opponents, but he was in for a rude (and justified) shock. Sap Sipper made his Grass-type moves useless, and Bouffalant just gave Serperior a good smack, and that's the end of Trip's rampage. Though Trip's sudden change in character is a little... startling. He changed in like literally a second, and that has me worried. Like what others have said, Paul's "evolution" took some time, since Brandon's words needed to really sink in, but he progressed in a more natural way. Trip's change is so sudden that it's like someone just flipped off his "rude and obnoxious" switch and hit his hidden "compassionate" switch.

Dawn's departure was very bland. Piplup and Oshawott had a more emotional departure than she did. In fact, Dawn's role in the entire Junior Cup was almost like a background character, with the exception of "helping" Iris. Very disappointing, her usefulness almost seemed wasted.

Waah! Come back, Cynthia! We need you! The Pokemon world (especially BW II) is only worthwhile if you're here! Your cool, sexy, smart, and highly useful abilities are needed to help this downright pitiful series to survive! *plane flies away* *whimper* I guess until next time, Cynthia... *whimper*

I'm not sure what to think of this new guy. As Rattrap once said, "All new, all different, and dumber than ever." He didn't even know that eight badges are required to compete in the League! Everyone knows that! Or at least everyone with half a brain knows that. And why in the world would the Unova League be held in Johto, you knucklehead!? Riolu seems to be the more "intelligent" part of the two, even though it copies this kid's actions. Guess what Professor Oak said was true: Pokemon DO adopt the mannerisms of their Trainers. Not sure if this kid will be a barrel of laughs due to his stupidity, or a world of facepalms for the same reason. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Farewell my Queen! I know for sure we'll see you again and God, am I waiting for that day!
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Waah! Come back, Cynthia! We need you! The Pokemon world (especially BW II) is only worthwhile if you're here! Your cool, sexy, smart, and highly useful abilities are needed to help this downright pitiful series to survive! *plane flies away* *whimper* I guess until next time, Cynthia... *whimper*
    She's coming back for the Team Rocket arc, so you guys don't have long to wait.

This isn't even the fan in me talking, but Trip and Alder's battle was the most amusing part of the episode. Kotetsu is more annoying than anything else, and the Dawn/Ash battle was rather disappointing, as it was cut short. Still, the Team Rocket segments were pretty cool. They reminded me of the ones at the beginning of Best Wishes when you didn't know what they were up to.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Thanks for contributing The Network's Avatar

My reaction to Kotetsu:

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP I GET IT ALREADY YOU'RE AN IDIOT NOW PLEASE I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE I'LL NEVER LIE CHEAT OR SWEAR AGAIN I PROMISE JUST PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
    Gengarzilla and Ambipom666 like this.

Trophies

This new kid is dumber than anything, I mean seriously, a Unova league taking part in Johto (which in unova is like the other side of the world)... Idiot.. He was also late and didnt realise he needed 8 badges... Haha

But despite his stupidity, I think he has hidden personality which will be shown when we next see him (excluding BW094, probably will be the league). Thats if he makes it.

Yeah I have to agree with the general comments about the Dawn/ Ash battle, it was rather disappointing. If her fate follows other recurring charicters then this could be her last appearance and unfortunatey she went out in bad circumstances...

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

I didn't think the Hikari vs Satoshi match was that bad until Shirona spouted out what is probably the same shit she normally says. Ideally it would have been longer but I wouldn't say it was bad.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Well, seeing Bouffalant beating the crap out of Serperior was very satifying, but I just wish that the buffalo had shown more variety in moves, like Megahorn.

After that battle, things really went downhill... Another lackluster Ash vs Dawn, Dropping Eruption for fucking Flamethrower, and this stupid Kotetsu kid. Just make this stop!

Am I ever going to watch this arc in the dub. Never. I'll avoid it like the disease it is...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I would have liked to see the rat beat Quilava as well. How the heck was the match so even?

I actually thought the match between Pikachu and Quilava was pretty interesting, mainly because they're alike. Two speedy pokes with strong attacks....

....which makes me wish they had finished it....

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Plane View Post
    I would have liked to see the rat beat Quilava as well. How the heck was the match so even?
    Guessing because either Pikachu was going easy on it, or the writers didn't want Hikari to go home with a loss. (especially after getting tossed early in the tournament.)

Speaking of the battle, I'm really glad Shirona stopped it. It was like she was all, "okay, this match kinda sucks, so I'm going to stop it to tell you guys about some shit."

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

This isn't related to the episode so much as it is the OP.
    Standing atop that arch is Alder, Cynthia, Caitlyn, Shizui (Marlon?), and... somebody else. At first I thought it was Dawn, as she is seemingly jumping down from some high place in the next shot, but the more time I see the OP, the more I think it's not.
    So... who is it?

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries

It's Drayden.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Thanx

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh geez where to begin.
    how did we not know Trip would beat Ash? Suprise Suprise!
    That was one quick battle between Alder and Trip.
    Dawn vs ash. Zzzzzz.....huh what?!?
    Kotetsu. Dad'gum why cant i scan piachu with this Samsung Brand pokedex. Oh wait that ders da TV remote. (insert dueling banjos) Biggest Fail in all of pokemon. What i would like Kotetsu's lines for the dub to be at the part where he scans pikachu with the remote " MA!!! The remote controll dun work right!!!!! The TV wount change channels! oh wait dat ders a pokemans!!!"
    Riolu: epic cause he is related to Lucario. Enuf said there
    Oshawott and Piplup: and thus a spin off featuring those two would never become reality.
    Kotetsu again: DAT FACES! something tells me with his stretchy face that he might have come from soul eater...

Something tells me this Kotetsu kid is going to be one of the biggest BAKAs on this show to date... not looking forward to the dub. And this is the same KID who we will spend another episode trying to get a badge. Hopefully he wont use his remote again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I'm sure Cynthia said very wise words that gave the whole episode maturity and depth.
    Of course, Her Majesty, the Queen, the Angel of Glory and Purity's speech was as brilliant as usual... that is to say it's not. except when she's throwing comashipping hints like crazy. I swear, it's like she has like three sentences she always spouts and we get it, people influence one another big whoop, bla bla bla same old crap.

If the Cup itself was darkness, Cynthia was the light.
    Nah man, her, Iris, Kairyu, rushed battled and even more rushed battles were the darkness of this cup. Had this actually been about the interesting characters on the show and had them getting decent battles and legit interacting, this would have been brilliant, but alas... Iris and Shirona ruined it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I didn't think the Hikari vs Satoshi match was that bad until Shirona spouted out what is probably the same shit she normally says. Ideally it would have been longer but I wouldn't say it was bad.
    This. Well animated battle, the moves looked good. Then came Shirona... it just turned into almost still shots of both Pokémon throwing the same old attacks at each other and then no resolution... meh.
    Signas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Kotetsu. Dad'gum why cant i scan piachu with this Samsung Brand pokedex. Oh wait that ders da TV remote. (insert dueling banjos) Biggest Fail in all of pokemon. What i would like Kotetsu's lines for the dub to be at the part where he scans pikachu with the remote " MA!!! The remote controll dun work right!!!!! The TV wount change channels! oh wait dat ders a pokemans!!!"
    I'll probably use my remote to change the channel when it comes on my TV in the dub.
    97SaturnSL1 and Gengarzilla like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th September 2012, 05:33 AM