REVIEW: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 093 "The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!"

Well, looking at the preview for the next ep, he is at least looking more skilled than his behavior would indicate. Regardless, in the post up there, I was concerned about Ash going through the League unopposed. Now, I'm concerned about it leading to a mirror match, which I'm more doubtful of the outcome, but it's still not as impressive as I expected it to be.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Disapointment is the word of the day.

Trip vs Alder was about 4 miniutes
    Ash vs Dawn had no proper outcome, expected nothing less. They could have suprised us by evolving Quilava but all we got was what we expected.
    I was actually looking forward to seeing Eruption used in battle but no, Quilava got ONE new move, and it replaced the only cool move it had. What is the new move? F**king Flamethrower
    Buneary? Pachirisu? Togekiss?
    Not a word about Hoenn, Zoey, Nando, Kenny, Ursula... Stuff we actually care about.

Dawn's appearance in BW was completely useless, I am so dissapointed, I'm just gonna forget about it so I can mantain memories of her at the end of DP. In fact, I'd be able to forget about the whole sh*ty tournament, had somthing perminant not come out of it: Dragonite, it will be a constant reminder of this crap.

On a nicer note :D I'm glad Krokorok evolved and Stunfisk won a battle XD

but god, Cinccino and Reuniclus had terrible debutes, makes me wonder why Caitlin didn't use Reunicles and the CoD use Gothitelle, the battle with Garchomp would have been the same, only replacing Flatter, Thunderbolt and Brick Break with Confude Ray, Thunder and Dissy Punch.

I hope that Marlon, next week, will make me feel better and in the mean time I'll think about how good the Don battle and Donamite were :)

Blog Entries

what do you mean about the effects on pikachu not having volt tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Ash vs Dawn had no proper outcome, expected nothing less. They could have suprised us by evolving Quilava but all we got was what we expected.
    I was actually looking forward to seeing Eruption used in battle but no, Quilava got ONE new move, and it replaced the only cool move it had.
    As far as I'm concerned, Dawn's Quilava shouldn't have learned Eruption in the first place. Now, once more, Eruption is exclusive to Ash's Quilava as it should be.

So Dawn didn't mention Hoenn at all, did she?
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th September 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Blog Entries

So this is the anime's perception of strength disparity between the Champion and the main characters/rivals? Well then holy shit, if the Champion can 1-Hit-KO the Junior Cup Winner's powerhouse like that...

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

So, can anyone tell me what Alder was talking to Trip about, and if this affected his attitude toward Ash? I was only going by the screencaps, and he looked like he was being civil with him, kind of like Paul after Ash finally beat him in the League. Also, he seemed to have something profound going on with his Serperior. What was that all about? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I'm always like this when I can't see the episode yet.

Also, I've only seen Kotetsu through the screencaps and already he annoys me...

Y Rotation Team

So like 99.9% of Ash and Dawn's battles they end with a tie, not sure why anyone expected anything else. It was pretty much the same as any of their training battles in the series rather than a real serious battle.

This new rival reminds me exactly of Morrisson. Comes in at the end with all 7 badges already and is hyperactive? Even Riolu is like Beldum in a way. It's almost a repeat of the end of the Hoenn saga. At least we know this means Ash will likely beat him.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    So like 99.9% of Ash and Dawn's battles they end with a tie, not sure why anyone expected anything else. It was pretty much the same as any of their training battles in the series rather than a real serious battle.
    No it wasn't.

This new rival reminds me exactly of Morrisson. Comes in at the end with all 7 badges already and is hyperactive? Even Riolu is like Beldum in a way. It's almost a repeat of the end of the Hoenn saga. At least we know this means Ash will likely beat him.
    Other than already having 7 badges and being hyperactive, I don't see any other similarity and Riolu is in no way like Beldum.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    I was actually looking forward to seeing Eruption used in battle but no, Quilava got ONE new move, and it replaced the only cool move it had.
    As far as I'm concerned, Dawn's Quilava shouldn't have learned Eruption in the first place. Now, once more, Eruption is exclusive to Ash's Quilava as it should be.

So Dawn didn't mention Hoenn at all, did she?
    Your right, I was also annoyed when Dawn's Quilava first lerned the same move that Ash's did. But Flamethrower? Why? Why not, Extracensory, Wild charge or even Blast Burn?

As far as I'm aware only johto and the wallence cup were mentioned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower View Post
    So, can anyone tell me what Alder was talking to Trip about, and if this affected his attitude toward Ash? I was only going by the screencaps, and he looked like he was being civil with him, kind of like Paul after Ash finally beat him in the League. Also, he seemed to have something profound going on with his Serperior. What was that all about? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I'm always like this when I can't see the episode yet.
    Presumably someone who can actually speak the language could correct me, but what I got from it was that Alder was talking about his love of Pokemon, that Bouffalant was so strong because of the bond that he shares with it, and questioning whether Trip really loved Pokemon, rather than just wanting to win Pokemon battles or at least saying to him that he needs to get closer to his Pokemon to get the most out of them.

Of course, unlike Paul, we have no idea how Trip treats his Pokemon outside of battle and he certainly treats them better in battle than Paul did in terms of how he takes losses - so the only thing for Trip that it could have really answered would be why Alder looks like he doesn't take things seriously.

Ash later seemed to just go up and finally compliment Trip on how strong Serperior was, I'd suggest Trip just had his guard down slightly thinking about what Alder said to him rather than a real shift in attitude - he didn't say much to Ash, but wasn't being dismissive, he left with Ash saying the generic 'see you at the Unova League' line.

I could be way off though.

I think its amusing Piplup and Oshawott said goodbye to each other more than Dawn did to Ash/Iris/Cilan.

I think Dawn's cameo wouldn't have been so disappointing if the writers didn't hype her return on the poster, actually put her in the opening, and put her on the TVTokyo website. All that promotion for only an 8 episode stay that didn't even focus on her much is bizarre. The entire focus of these episodes were on Iris and Trip and to a lesser extent Ash, Dawn just simply seemed "just there."

I don't think we'll hear from Dawn after this, the fact that she was sent to Johto should say enough in itself. Johto seems to be the region they now banish old characters to never to be heard from again.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I don't think we'll hear from Dawn after this, the fact that she was sent to Johto should say enough in itself. Johto seems to be the region they now banish old characters to never to be heard from again.
    May went to Johto and came back for the Wallace Cup.

Well, I'm not liking Kotetsu that much. He's waaay too "all over the place" for me. I could stand Barry at least, this kid needs to take some chill pills. Riolu copying his moves sometimes was cute though.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Honestly I couldn't stand Riolu copying his moves xD It's a cheap substitute to not give the thing a personality.

Blog Entries

I think its amusing Piplup and Oshawott said goodbye to each other more than Dawn did to Ash/Iris/Cilan.
    Throughout BW2, the character interactions were just so awful across the board and forced. Honestly, if they hadn't forced some bizarre Iris worship on Hikari and actually had her interact with other characters, it could have been great cause the episodes in which she did (BW086 and BW088) were where she was at her most entertaining. But I do agree that this cameo was just utterly pointless. XD The Mikuri Cup had Haruka dealing with her own issues, showing some tangible progress and getting two awesome battles. Here, Hikari was just brought back to be thrown under the Iris bus and glorify her needlessly and undeservedly. It's so sad that the writers feel like they have to downgrade and stunt every character under the sun just to give Iris a semblance of relevance on a show she doesn't belong on.

Hikari's gone forever, oh well, still better than the Kasumi cameos. XD

The entire focus of these episodes were on Iris and Trip
    Of these episodes? Of this saga you mean. I know they went for the BW thing when they named it Best Wishes, but "The Iris show occasionally featuring Shooti and Kenyan" would have been a much better reflection of reality.

Johto seems to be the region they now banish old characters to never to be heard from again.
    Please, Kasumi's in Kanto and lord knows she ain't never coming back. XD So is Masato in Hoenn or Brock, also in Kanto. The correct moniker for Johto would be, "Where Coordinators go to die" XD

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast