REVIEW: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!"

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!"

I squeed when Krokorok evolved because Krookodile sounded just like Vector the Crocodile from Sonic. XD Makes sense since they have the same voice actor but I loved it. And I loved that it beat the tar out of Dragonite. I don't know why but I liked the Pikachu/Piplup/Axew moments during Ash and Iris's battle. Pikachu rooted for Ash, Axew rooted for Iris, and Piplup was all neutral about it. But you'd think he'd be for the one that he traveled with for almost 200 episodes :P

I would be more annoyed of the Ash/Trip battle if I didn't love the hell out of that Serperior. It's a shame that Trip has to be the one to own it. What a waste.

Best of the last three episodes by far. Anyone find it weird that Georgia and Burgundy didn't even notice Meloetta when it was staying visible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji-girl View Post
    But you'd think he'd be for the one that he traveled with for almost 200 episodes :P
    Dawn herself seemed closer to Iris than to Ash in the previous episodes. I see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji-girl View Post
    Pikachu rooted for Ash, Axew rooted for Iris, and Piplup was all neutral about it. But you'd think he'd be for the one that he traveled with for almost 200 episodes :P
    Well Dawn's skirt wan't part of the battle, so I can't see why he'd care.

A huge improvement all round over the underwhelming last two episodes, but everything was still way too rushed. I can't see why Ash and Trip's battle had to be wrapped up so quickly yet Trip gets all of the next ep to battle Alder. All that extremely quick battle really did was set Trip up as a threat in a very contrived way, though I have to say I loved every minute of seeing Serperior animated, even if the battle was too one sided.

The Ash-Iris battle was top grade, but i feel disappointed that even at +3/+4 speed Ash his pokemon could not land a single hit against Serperior.

Sure trip his pokemon has to be shown as a powerhouse to face Alder, but come on.. there is a limit.

I would laugh if Alder his pokemon has Sap Sipper, but Sheer Force seems more appropriate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Dawn herself seemed closer to Iris than to Ash in the previous episodes. I see nothing wrong with it.
    I think that Hikari seems closer to Iris than Satoshi is wrong in and out of itself. They derailed her to glorify Iris, oh well, that's pretty much the usual MO for the Iris show... err... I mean Best Wishes... :P

Blog Entries

Seeing this episode,I give it 9/10, especially for the scene Trip winning the Junior Cup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower View Post
    Can anyone tell me what everyone was saying after Iris's loss, when Dragonite was in its slump? Like, what was the gist of Cynthia's pep talk?
    She said something along the lines of Iris was not ready to control Dragonite yet. This will presumably be resolved whenever Drayden appears.

As for the actual episode, it wasn't bad. The best of the arc so far. Very satisfying to see Dragonite knocked down a peg (And by a favorite Pokemon of mine too) and Serperior and Pignite's battle, while rather one sided felt somewhat intense. Now c'mon Alder, go smash Trip.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

I would laugh if Alder fell asleep against Trip, which pisses Trip off and he orders Serperior to hit Bouffalant with 20 Solarbeams, winning the battle for Trip. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Wow....Ash wins by doing what the others should've done in the first place, take advantage of Dragonite's blind fury. So Serperior is fast, too. Woop de doo. Anything to keep the status quo.
    And just think, that Serperior would have been humiliated by pokemon like Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, bulbasaur, and especially Sceptile.
    Sigh, these rivals aren't really rivals when we count Ash's past teams. His Sinnoh team would have wiped out the entire tournament.

But I digress, Props to Krookodile for being that much of a bad-ass. You could tell it was a powerful Stone Edge when you saw the screen darken and him glow that much. I just KNEW that would be the end of it. Wish it could learn Shadow-Ball too, just for a kind of beam/projectile attack that's not stone edge.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post

Serperior is not that fast and it shouldn't been this strong at all.
    1. Serperior didn't show anywhere near the power of Krookodile's Dragon Claw.
    2. Not that fast? Let's do game data for a while:

103(lowest Pignite)
    vs
    357(highest serperior)

Assuming Pignite was equal in level(or abilitym in terms of the anime), it would need to use 4 nitro charges to be faster. Assuming a notable level(ability) lead, Pignite can't outspeed Serperior period.

The speed was completely justifiable.

Also lol at Trip's Serperior being humiliated by Snorlax. Snorlax would never catch it. And none of the others could humiliate. Beat it perhaps, but not easily.

Serpior is seriously overrated

Blog Entries

Ash vs. Iris match; was a bit boring the first half with each side only calling out the same moves; Crunch/Stone Edge (Dig was used but only for evasive action and to launch surprise attacks) and Flamethrower/Ice Beam.

I think the worst part was when Ice Beam froze everything except Krokorok's head and Iris called for Flamethrower. Why not use Dragon Rush to land a STAB move and do the most damage when its opponent was at its most vulnerable?

Glad Iris got what see deserved and I loved how evolution makes a Pokemon's eyes turn red until the evolution is over.

Ash vs. Trip; can't say anything that everyone else has already said. Since Trip wins here and goes on to face Alder to add more depth to his "plot" I really don't see a need for him to stay around much more except for Ash to give him a beat down in the league.

Sad to see Pignite try so hard for nothing but glad to see Serperior's speed being something that anime is showing as a tribute to the games. For the sake of it being a potential threat to Alder the show how to make it look super strong otherwise the final match with Alder would be no more than a 3 second win for him (not saying that most matches in this tournament weren't the same way...)

Can't wait to see tomorrow when the results of the match between Trip and Alder are shown.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Serperior would have been humiliated by pokemon like Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, bulbasaur, and especially Sceptile.
    Sigh, these rivals aren't really rivals when we count Ash's past teams. His Sinnoh team would have wiped out the entire tournament.
    It would have been, but remember that they've had far more training and a generally more powerful moveset. Pignite's generally viewed as a moderately fast Pokémon in the anime.

Infernape would've especially owned that Serperior. No way Serperior would've been able to dodge a Flamethrower counter-shield. Not would it have time to launch a SolarBeam or Frenzy Plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Infernape would've especially owned that Serperior. No way Serperior would've been able to dodge a Flamethrower counter-shield. Not would it have time to launch a SolarBeam or Frenzy Plant.
    It would if the writers told it to. >:]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast