REVIEW: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 092 "Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!"

Not a bad episode. I liked some parts but not others.

It was good to see Dragonite all cocky to begin with, then getting a serious slap in the face and having a tantrum when it realised that the krok was tougher than it expected. It having a tantrum was unexpected though, but it was good to watch.

Krookodile is awesome. The evolution didn't really feel forced either. And at least the sunglasses match its colour scheme now, so I don't mind them as much (though they do annoy me, please get rid).

I didn't like how Pignite couldn't land one single hit on Serperior. I get that it's supposed to be really fast, and I don't even care that Ash lost/Trip won, but seriously, not a single hit even when it's surrounded by fire? Not one? Kind of infuriating for me to watch really.

I just hope Alder and Bouffy knock Trip down a peg or two.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Honestly, Dragonite vs Krokorok/Krookodile wasn't just the best in the episode or the best that the Junior Cup has had, it's the best in BW series 2 and that's not saying much...

Of course the writers had to balance out an awesome battle with another shitty one. Pignite vs Serperior was awful and I am fed up with all of this Trip over-glorification. Alder needs to sweep him, but even that might not happen when the writers love Trip this much...

Hypnodance FTW!

Can anyone tell me what everyone was saying after Iris's loss, when Dragonite was in its slump? Like, what was the gist of Cynthia's pep talk?

Y Rotation Team

I like how Axew was like all disappointed with Dragonite losing or ashamed it really shows how much he's growing.
    dp212.jpg

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I watched this episode, my first reaction was, "Why is Dragonite obeying Iris's commands during this battle?"

Seriously, the majority of the plotline for the previous two episodes was Dragonite not listening to Iris. As good as the battle between Dragonite and Krokorok/Krookodile turned out to be, it was still disheartening to see Dragonite willingly obey its trainer in the first half when very little resulted out of their relationship during the previous episode. This felt like shoddy writing to me. Furthermore, I was disappointed of this match-up entirely, considering that Krokorok and Dragonite only had access to two attacks that could inflict damage against one another. (Despite being an aspiring Dragon Master, Iris never commanded Dragonite to use Dragon Rush in this match.) A battle with above-average writing and decent animation was set back by the numerous instances of stock animation, which was a minus for me.

Outside of these minor complaints, the writing in this battle was still better than all of the battles in this tournament so far, and even that of most of the battles in BW so far. Even though Dragonite had an overwhelming advantage against Krokorok, Krokorok's attacks inflicted some serious damage against Dragonite, and the pokemon effortlessly dodged Dragonite's projectile moves. I am glad that Dragonite wasn't made overly "invincible" during this battle as the writers had made it out to be during its first two fights. Still, Dragonite had the upper hand during this battle, and was a worthy opponent for Ash and his Krokorok before the Unova League. Krokorok's determination to win gave it enough strength to evolve into its final form and learn a new attack, which happened to be Dragon Claw. Considering all of the battle experience that it had while it fought against Brycen's Beartic and a slew of fully-evolved pokemon belonging to COTDs, Krokorok's evolution here was justified.

Of course, the ending result of this battle wasn't "typical." After Dragonite got struck by Krookodile's Dragon Claw, it snapped and began to launch its attacks without targeting the opponent. For the first time in this tournament, it also felt like Iris was truly disheartened that her Dragonite wasn't listening to her commands. Iris was nearly tearing up from not being able to control her Dragonite and seeing it attack the crowd. For these same reasons, Dragonite's rage cost Iris the battle, as the pokemon didn't even bother to fight back against Krookodile. If only the writers had Iris react like this two episodes ago... Again, these events might have left a greater impression on me if the writers weren't so inconsistent with Iris and Dragonite's relationship. We also didn't get an explanation of Dragonite's rage, and judging by its reactions after it lost the battle, it appeared that the pokemon didn't know itself.

The second battle in this episode (Serperior vs. Pignite) was also impressive. I appreciated the change in Trip's battle strategy here as opposed to that of his previous matches. Instead of lowering the opponent's defenses and then going on the offensive, Trip had Serperior dodge all of Pignite's moves to tire the pokemon out. We also got to see Serperior's Dragon Tail attack for the first time, which added some variety in this match (compared to Serperior's previous ones). It's nice to see Ash and Pignite struggling here, and I certainly didn't mind Serperior dodging everything Pignite had (considering its speed).

This was the best episode of this tournament arc so far, but again, there were some elements here that left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't believe I am saying this after all of the complaints I've posted about this tournament so far, but I want to see Trip and Alder's battle during the next episode so badly. A Trip and Alder matchup was hyped up ever since BW031. Oh, and there is that inevitable depature from Dawn as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern Ritter View Post
    I like how Axew was like all disappointed with Dragonite losing or ashamed it really shows how much he's growing.
    Axew was just disappointed that its trainer lost, not necessarily because it was worried or ashamed with Dragonite in particular.

Both battles were good in this episode, so nothing really to say there.

But then I noticed the most? Dawn did absolutely NOTHING in this episode. I know she wasn't going to do anything in this ep anyway, but seriously, this is how you treat the guest character that you brought back for 8 episodes? Out of these 8 episodes Dawn came back for, she was pretty much background in at least 5 of them.

It makes you wonder why they actually treat her so low-key in these BW episodes.

Follow jman21 On Twitter

My main problem with the Trip/Ash battle is on the show, speed=evasive abilities. Sure Serperior is fast, but it still should of been hit by pignite.

Huh. They didn't want to grant Krookodile Outrage, so they picked the lesser Dragon Claw. Jeez, imagine them throwing tantrums at the entire stadium if both had Outrages used.

Ash VS Iris was the better of the 2 battles, because there was actually battling in it. Ash VS Trip delivered a hacked evading Serperior which not even Fire Pledge was able to trap it. Then again, they made Ash go all-out aggression where he could have thought of trapping it but nooo!

Nothing else to add in, but this: Come on, Bouffalant! EAT THAT SOLARBEAM!!!
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Got to admit, I felt for Iris when Georgia and Burgundy were mocking her after the match.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I loved the creepy music that played at the beginning of Snooty and Satoshi's match. It really made the former seem like a serial killer, which fits because his Jalorda murdered Chaobu in that match.

That being said, the match was actually somewhat fun to watch. The pig lasted quite a bit, managed to dodge the effects of Glare, and he really worked hard against Jalorda. But couldn't it have landed at least one hit? I know the snake is very fast in the games and Chaobu's not exactly a speedy species, but the match felt like Snooty's self-indulgent fanfic.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by jman21 View Post
    My main problem with the Trip/Ash battle is on the show, speed=evasive abilities. Sure Serperior is fast, but it still should of been hit by pignite.
    Just say "dodge it!" and the most powerful attack will fail

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Nothing else to add in, but this: Come on, Bouffalant! EAT THAT SOLARBEAM!!!
    yayyyyyy SAP SIPPER!!! XD

Krookodile's sunglasses are bigger XD now Dragonite will be fell ashamed and probably he will be more obedient or at least more accessible...

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really happy about Dragon Claw, now Krookodile neither has to knife people with Stone Edge or bite on people's attacks and throw them around. Dragon Tail would have been nice too.

Slightly annoyed at Serperior god-modding dodge, especially given how every attack nailed Seviper. Kinda makes me think those two should have a match.

I like Dragon Tail on Serperior, I think it works well as an attack for him.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

You know, I have to wonder: What's making those sunglasses of Krookodile grow?

It's much bigger than it was as a Sandile, yet they still fit him perfectly.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

how did the music get so terrible from the previous episode to so good, which was this episode, anyways it's finally good to see a battle that matches up to diamond and pearl's standards, kinda wish pignite would have landed atleast 1 hit though :)
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

I really want to like this episode and I did, but Trip ruding it agian. Serperior is not that fast and it shouldn't been this strong at all. Really they just want to finish this plot with Trip and Alder so we don't have to deal with this agian in the furture. I really agree with Ash when he grined his teeth that he been robbed of this battle because he didn't hit Serperior at all. Where the episode really grins my gears that Serperior was able to escape Pignite's Fire pighe. I did like Ash and Iris battle the most out of this Arc because it felt like a really battle and the mid evolvtion was a nice touch. I love some of the reaction and screenshots in this episode like Krokrok doing stone edge on all four, Iris defeat cry, and the reaction of Iris and Dragonite when Krokork evovle into Krokoodle XD! I think that I know why Dragonite listen to Iris because Krokork wasn't an ice type. I though about it when Dragonite was fighting the Kami trio in the team rocket preview.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast