REVIEW: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

Default Re: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

Meh episode, I have a feeling Brock will be appearing some time soon though =/
    Hurray, Dento can get cooking tips Brock. Watch hey'll get jealous of all the time Brock spent with Ash.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I think the fat Beartic will be a recurring character for a main character to catch
    I don't know about catching, but I do hope it becomes a recurring character, just so long as it stays a minor recurring character. Just popping up from time to time, eating food or just barging in on Ash and co. They'll wake up to find it eating their food.

Also, I'm confused as to why it was out and about, anyway. I know Pokemon can be found almost anywhere, but shouldn't it be in a colder climate?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

[QUOTE=Karamazov;4199445]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post

Also, I'm confused as to why it was out and about, anyway. I know Pokemon can be found almost anywhere, but shouldn't it be in a colder climate?
    Well, the last time a wild Beartic appeared, they were in a standard forest/mountain range too.

Because that's where Polar bears live in the pokemon universe apparently.

I thought,as far as the actual mystery case went, it was a reasonably entertaining episode. For most of this episode, Ash kind of had a "sure, why not?" expression to the proceedings, and I think that's kind of the feeling I had watching.

Dawn's comment to Iris about guys being a little weird kind of sums up one of the things that I tried to ignore about this episode, which was how very often those two girls were depicted together. It wouldn't have stood out so much, and I could have maybe bought the argument that this is a somewhat "girls think guys are looney" episode, if Ash and Cilan had had a similar sort of interaction. Back in Sinnoh, I thought one of the more positive things about when Dawn's rivals or friends were around (not that it happened overly frequently) was that it led to some rare quality Ash and Brock time where you could tell those two were really close. In this episode, it felt like (which is more important than reality sometimes) most of the scenes had Cilan, Ash,and then Iris+Dawn. I think in order to initiate a relationship between Iris and Dawn, the girls hang together argument is probably a necessity, since the writers don't have contests or something else in common to pull them together. But when Ash and Cilan just don't seem as close as the two girls, it takes away from the gender argument, and makes the fact that Iris and Dawn were pretty much together the entire time in any screenshot you look at really stand out, instead of being natural. Sort of the same argument for the scenes with Piplup and its cousin (Oshawatt), with regards to the other pokemon. In fact, I thought Ash overall was the most soulless character in this episode, and he's the one you could have taken out and not missed much.

Ash's two practice battles were sort of hit and miss. His battle against Dawn was okay (though his neutral expression at the end compared to Dawn's smile again sort of gave the soulless vibe), but his battle against the Larvitar was tough to get into since Larvitar didn't have a trainer directing it. It sort of goes into the dangerous area of what good does a trainer do for his pokemon if challenging a pokemon without a trainer (that didn't seem overpowered, which tends to be the case) is good training, esp this deep into the anime.
    Last edited by wind; 20th July 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: to make the post a little more readable

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Eh, just another random ep. At least they had the sense for Ash and Dawn to tie, although it's still looking more and more like Dawn is the expert now instead of Ash.
    Your Right,
    -This episode is meaningless
    -Writer make's everybody a Expert expect Ash , That's why Best Wish suck's!
    Best wishes is a good series when is not in fillers.
    Last edited by p96822; 19th July 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Maybe the gluttonous Beartic will be caught by Ash

Blog Entries

Why do you want the gluttonous Beartic as a recurring Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Why do you want the gluttonous Beartic as a recurring Pokemon?
    So it has some decent moments.

Blog Entries

I really though this episode was going to suck, but I really like it.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the writers have a awkwardly placed, fuzzy hard-on for Beartic...we had Brycen's, Langley's right after, this one, AND THEN Langley's is back in the next Tournament episode too.

Just seems weird to throw Cubchoo and Beartic in an episode taking place in a warm climate area, especially with the whole OLD POKEMON ARE BACK thing they have now.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This was pretty middling, dull, and vanilla overall, defiantly a step above the last Detective episode though.

-Yogiras appearing was nice to see, I think the Pokemon itself is a'ight and has a design that I always thought was eccentric in a cute way. I liked seeing it in the end sorta inspiring its friend to battle like that. Only thing that could have made the ending battle better was Kibago and Zuruggu VS. Yogiras and Kumashun. I enjoyed its battle with Zuruggu. Guess the multi-colored glow Sandstorm isn't just exclusive to Gantle. Bite and Hidden Power were executed nicely, I give props to the designers for having Yogiras use Hidden Power like that, since the move itself is borderlining on overused. I like how Yogiras made two small Hidden Power balls and combined em' like that when attacking. I liked the final attack with the two Dark-types.

-Zuruggu. It cool to see him battle, though I have to wonder whether or not Zuruggu's problem with Kiai Bullet/Focus Blast was solved/retconned. He had no problem hitting Yogiras square in the chest and aiming with the move. Either way I don't care since BW has already had its share of amiss and defected attacks.

-Mijumaru and Pochama continuing to be thirsting, still hoping this leads to a battle.

-Hikari referencing Takeshi was cool, it reminds me how much I miss his character and episodes when he had them. Kinda wish his ol' poisonous frog had got mentioned too. I now hope he appears at the WT Junior Cup. I imagine with all the fighting and hurt Pokemon walking around they might need him or something. Though that might just be wishful thinking. I hope we get flashbacks to other characters like Haruka, Masato, Kasumi, Mikuri, Nozomi, etc.

-Iris and Hikari's interactions, reactions, and face faults this episode were nice. I like how Iris screamed at Dento this time, causing him to temporarily sulk and for her to go all apologetic face there for a second. I also liked seeing Mr.Jack-of-all-trades pulling a spin and knocking Hikari out of the way when she got annoyed at his detective business. I guess people that are surprised at Dento's antics aren't more exclusive than the Garden of Eden.

-There's not much I can really say about the main plot of the episode, wasn't really interesting or engaging. Sadly, it burned up most of the time. Dento went detective and came up with a few crackpot theories on Kumashun, I wasn't too entertained at the sleuthing sommelier's deductions.

-Oh and the training match between the two swines...pigs...err...boars. I hope Mamoo ditches Hidden Power and/or Take Down eventually for something more interesting otherwise Ancient Power and Ice Shard are good. In particular I liked the way Ice Shard looked.

Yeah, it was a boring episode but it's little squeaky clean details like that that I can extract from the episode that gave me enjoyment. Speaking of which Dento needs a new capture. I'm tired of Iwaperesu and Maggyo. Iwaperesu and Maggyo mainly because of the lack of personalities. I think a Leafia or Pelliper or Monjara would be fitting.
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode was rather meh, but, of course, not necessarily bad either. It wasn't as entertaining as I was thinking it would be, but I did enjoy the friendship between Iris and Dawn (just like the last episode, despite Dawn acting basically like Iris), Cilan actually reacting to Iris' annoyance about his quirks, and just Cilan in general. I also liked how Cilan was sulking through basically the whole battle between Larvitar and Scraggy. Lol.

Blog Entries

I'll be frank, i don't think i would've minded Iris and Dawn getting along, but my only real problem with it is that they're getting along at the expense of Ash and Cilan.

May and Dawn also got along pretty well and, all things considered, so did Misty and May, but neither of those pairings ever made shot against Ash. Yet in the last episode, both Iris and Dawn poked fun at Ash three times and now they're poking fun at Cilan.

I'm not sure if this makes me dislike Iris more or makes me start to dislike Dawn.

Back when Misty and May came back, they might not have interacted with Ash as much as before, but they didn't insult him in anyway either. Now, Dawn, the character who many fans believe had the closest bond with Ash (Platonic i mean) is joining Iris in her "Kid heckling" and now dissing Cilan as well.

I really, really hope neither of them get ahead of Ash in the World Championship Junior Cup
    Kenji-girl likes this.

What? Iris is not as serious with her "kodomo ne" thing as some people think (and she's clearly warming up to Ash lately) and Dawn is CLEARLY obviously just doing it in a friendly way of joking around, similarly to the way she greeted Ash and "surprised" him when they first met in Unova...
    No one is insulting anyone... surely not Dawn, who's doing it in the friendliest way and it's soooo clear that it's in a friendly way and not an insult at all... like seriously...
    Also, what's wrong with finding Cilan and Brock weird? how is that "insulting"? they both really ARE weird, that's part of their character, and other characters in the show acknowledged them being weird all the time... it's nothing new and surely not insulting

Yay, subs are available now OuO~

I watched this episode raw and thought it was really boring, to be honest lol;;
    After actually understanding what they were saying, I changed my opinion a bit. This episode was really funny and I enjoyed all of Dent's misconceptions lol;;

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)