REVIEW: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Eh, just another random ep. At least they had the sense for Ash and Dawn to tie, although it's still looking more and more like Dawn is the expert now instead of Ash.
    Your Right,
    -This episode is meaningless
    -Writer make's everybody a Expert expect Ash , That's why Best Wish suck's!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 088 "Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!"

Hm, Brock getting mention in two episodes in a row really makes me think he will show up now...maybe not anytime soon but later on.

This episode was a meh filler designed to give Dawn an extra episode to stick around for.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm giving this episode a 4/10, the plot was just boring and bland, and it feels like the writers are just wasting their time and effort, really, they KNOW they are capable of writing wonderful stories, they just choose not to and make these kinds of episodes instead.

Meloetta is starting to get on my nerves, basically, I feel like she is just being shoehorned in, and it's basically Piplup vs Oshawott, then Meloetta sings, and everyone comments on how wonderful it is, and it's been like this for several episodes, it's just a pointless subplot that did not need to be there, and it only slows down the plot of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    I've got to be honest here, this 'season 2' hasn't really been setting my world on fire. All of the episodes thus far have been pretty bland imo, and apart from one or two 'heh' moments, I don't think this one is exempt from that assessment.

Meloetta also feels very shoe-horned into all of this.
    I agree, Best Wishes Season 2 is just lazily done, like the writers are putting no effort into the episodes, and are just writing random stuff that has nothing to do with anything, in fact, most of Best Wishes has been like this, just random plots with no direction at all, and with Ash having 8 of Unova's 10 badges, they're just now doing nothing now but random and pointless episodes. Meloetta seems like nothing more than a poorly written in comic relief character to me, when they keep implying that she is important to the plot, when really, she's just there, and feels downright pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Eh, just another random ep. At least they had the sense for Ash and Dawn to tie, although it's still looking more and more like Dawn is the expert now instead of Ash.
    Your Right,
    -This episode is meaningless
    -Writer make's everybody a Expert expect Ash , That's why Best Wish suck's!
    I can agree with you there, the writers know they can write great stories with great surprises and twists, but instead write weak, boring, repetitive stories with bland characters and childish plots, it's like they do not care about their writing at all. I also agree that they are making everyone look better at what they do than Ash does, it shows that they just don't care about the character anymore.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree, Best Wishes Season 2 is just lazily done, like the writers are putting no effort into the episodes, and are just writing random stuff that has nothing to do with anything, in fact, most of Best Wishes has been like this, just random plots with no direction at all, and with Ash having 8 of Unova's 10 badges, they're just now doing nothing now but random and pointless episodes. Meloetta seems like nothing more than a poorly written in comic relief character to me, when they keep implying that she is important to the plot, when really, she's just there, and feels downright pointless.
    I disagree entirely, this has been the only true pure filler we've had so far. Cynthia's debut, Dawn's return, and the Dawn/Iris interaction in the Onix episode have all been noteworthy...and next week is the Dragonite capture.

I knew the moment this episode was announced that it was just going to be a filler so there was nothing to expect out of this one. We've only actually had 4 BW2 episodes so far, and they're about on par with what most of DP was like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Oh god, Iris just outright screams to Dent that he's a pain and Dent, for the first time, reacts as Iris yells it to him.

It causes him to go sulking. Way more entertaining than Iris simply groaning about Dent being "a pain" at the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Beartic ate every apple and got fat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I disagree entirely, this has been the only true pure filler we've had so far. Cynthia's debut, Dawn's return, and the Dawn/Iris interaction in the Onix episode have all been noteworthy...and next week is the Dragonite capture.

I knew the moment this episode was announced that it was just going to be a filler so there was nothing to expect out of this one. We've only actually had 4 BW2 episodes so far, and they're about on par with what most of DP was like.

Completely agree with you here, ten times more effort put into season 2, especially compared to the first best wishes series.

Fillers are not really that exciting but I think with Dawns appearance and another mention of Brock, its not that bad. Or maybe I just like any episode with Dawn in, I dont know :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Outside of the training battle and a few Piplup scenes, Dawn really had no relevance in this episode at all. The whole episode would have played out almost exactly the same if she wasn't here.

I really feel like the only reason this episode existed was so Dawn could stay for a few extra fillers or see Cilan's detective skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Outside of the training battle and a few Piplup scenes, Dawn really had no relevance in this episode at all. The whole episode would have played out almost exactly the same if she wasn't here.
    You can say that about pretty much any main character in this series in most of his/her episodes...
    Also, I can see absolutely no reason to ignore the training scene, the Piplup scenes or the important thing you neglected to mention that Dawn was the smartest in this ep and the only one who suggested to try returning Beartic to its ball to find out if it is the same Cubchoo
    Not to mention Dawn's reactions to Cilan's weirdness, mentioning Brock again and further girls bonding with Iris agreeing about the boys being weird

I really feel like the only reason this episode existed was so Dawn could stay for a few extra fillers or see Cilan's detective skills.
    Dawn is part of the main cast for the East Unova arc, if not even the Unova League too... she's part of the group for now, she didn't came for a specific event like May, so she's not limited to one specific event, she's just traveling around with the twerps now as part of the group... just like how Iris and Cilan don't do too much in most of the eps, Dawn doesn't really need to especially stand out in every ep she's appearing now either

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching this episode, I suddenly feel a Déjà vu. From BW35's thread:

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    With Detective Dent and a Conan Edogawa look-a-like, this episode is surprisingly boring. TR was the worst part.
    With this episode, I could change this into that: With Detective Dent and a Detective Conan reference, this episode is surprisingly boring. Hikari and Iris' intereaction was the best part. Other good parts:

* Dent is finally giving some **** to Iris.
    * Hikari bring up Takeshi's creepy side, and compare it to Dent's weirdness.
    * Reference to Detective Conan's criminal silhouette.

This episode is existed to give Dent some screentime. It's his focus episode.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

This was definitely better than the first episode with Sommelier Detective Dent (the Tabunne episode). It wasn't amazing, but not mediocre. This had entertaining scenes, Dent getting everything wrong, cute moments with the Pokémon and that fantastic moment of Iris actually yelling right at Dent that he is "a pain" which results in Dent sulking. Also to add to this, Iris is the one who causes Dent to recover from his depressed state after causing it.
    Last edited by Don; 19th July 2012 at 03:04 PM.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

So, why were Zuruggu and the Yogiras fighting?
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Post Thanks / Like

My first time ever watching an episode live from Japan. :)

Too bad it had to suck. :/

The moment I saw that kid, I thought man he looks generic, then I thought, it's going be one of those episodes isn't?

Ash and Dawn battled. They mentioned Brock again. Piplup and Oshawott fought again. And Cilan tried to save this episode, but too bad it didn't work. Honestly, the most amusing thing that happened for me in the whole thirty minutes was TR getting into a Looney Tunes style fight in the commerical after the episode.

Meloetta is just meh. The singing stopped one of the few high points.

I liked Larvitar though, part of me now wants Ash to get one, but I ain't holding my breath.

An Eggciting Adventure back in Johto pwned this to me so hard it isn't even funny. Yeah, it isn't funny. The Johto filler wannabe got pwned by a Johto filler. -_-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    This episode is existed to give Dent some screentime. It's his focus episode.
    Yeah, people often say Cilan gets more than Iris, but that's not true at all... they're more or less equals, and when one of them gets an ep, the other gets an ep too...
    It's especially obvious here: we have this Cilan ep and right after it we'll get an Iris ep... we had this also in the last few eps of "Season 1" with the Iris and Cilan eps airing one after the other after Ash's 7th Gym Battle
    So it's really just giving us a Cilan ep to go with the Iris ep like they've been doing most of the time in this series...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fat Beartic will be a recurring character for a main character to catch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast