REVIEW: BW 087 "Survival on the Island of Iwark!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: BW 087 "Survival on the Island of Iwark!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 087 "Survival on the Island of Iwark!" Review Thread

Wow! So happy Takeshi was mentioned, about time too. I hate the way Ash always forgets his closest friends, just days after they leave. The Iris and Dawn stuff was really cute and funny. I'm actually quite liking Dawn this time round. I think it's the lack of seriousness that BW allows. It suits her better.

Blog Entries

I don't like where this is going. Now both of them mock Ash. At least Dawn deserves the role reversal...for now. It is still neat we get some character development.
    Shinneth likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    What the hell? Piplup can now use five different attacks (Bubblebeam, Ice Beam, Drill Peck, Headbutt, and Hydro Pump). Eventually the writers are going to make it forget something.
    Are you sure about Headbutt?... I'm not sure when or if it used it at all...
    Also, was it confirmed already it's Drill Peck and not same old Peck?
    In late DP it knew: BubbleBeam / Whirlpool / Hydro Pump / Peck
    BubbleBeam is Pip's "Thunderbolt" (even in the High Touch song Ash sings about Pika's Thunderbolt and Dawn sings about Pip's BubbleBeam) so it's here to stay
    Whirlpool was compareable to Pika's Volt Tackle which Pika replaced with Electro Ball and I assume Pip replaced with Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump stayed and Peck either stayed or got upgraded to Drill Peck
    So it's BubbleBeam / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump / (Drill?) Peck
    4 moves... nothing wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Duque View Post
    - Scanning onix, krabby, kingler... really, Ash? Let Dawn scan the old things now, for Pete's sake... oh, wait, she scanned krabby and kingler! Nevermind, then ^^";
    Both Ash and Dawn dexed these Poké for Iris, it was extremely obvious even without understanding the dialogue, as was the case when Ash dexed Pip last ep
    Also, I wish people would stop complaining about it already, dexing a Poké does NOT mean you don't know it... when will people finally realize that? it just gives you some info, what's so bad? when any character dex a Poké it's to learn more about it, not necessarily to find out what it IS... and of course it's for the viewers too

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Piplup getting Headbutt is kinda dumb,
    I'm still not sure where this came from... can anyone confirm this Heatbutt thing?

Brock got a mention, great. But I can't help but wonder why Dawn has said so little about what she has been getting up to,
    I think maybe she didn't say anything about her Hoenn journey for the same reason she didn't mention Brock last ep
    She'll be around for a while, so they're saving these kind of things to spread over her episodes rather than have her talk about everything at once
    I at least hope we'll learn SOMETHING about her Hoenn journey when she'll leave the group eventually...

interesting she was not training at the start, maybe she is in a rut again?
    Doesn't seem like that at all, I think she's just excited being in Unova and wanted to have some fun

I hope Piplup isn't Dawn's only pokemon to get focus and do stuff in this arc, I am worried about the other 5 :/
    Yeah, hopefully they'll at least get some battles in the tournament
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm still not sure where this came from... can anyone confirm this Heatbutt thing?
    It was specifically identified as Headbutt, yes.
    투 애니원 and Bubble Frog like this.
    So.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    It was specifically identified as Headbutt, yes.
    Wow, seriously? seems pretty ridiculous to give it such a move, not to mention break the 4 moves rule they tried to stick to in recent years
    Also, can you give me final confirmation on that: is it using Peck or Drill Peck?

Blog Entries

Also, can you give me final confirmation on that: is it using Peck or Drill Peck?
    Well, the sub stated that it was just Peck. Dawn said something in the line with ''Use Peck and put a spin to it!''
    How accurate the sub is though I really don't know.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Well, the sub stated that it was just Peck. Dawn said something in the line with ''Use Peck and put a spin to it!''
    I won't be surprised then, cause when I watched today's ep I thought I heard Dawn use the same Japanese word for regular Peck that she used to say during DP
    And a lot of the Drill Peck talking recently was just us users specualting based on that preview which showed what seemed to be Drill Peck but could be regular Peck as well, I'm not sure if maybe someone already confirmed what it was in last ep's thread but I can't bother to check XD so if someone can just confirm it once and for all that would be nice

First off let me say, I'm happy Brock got talked about a bit but its sad that Dawn had to be the one to bring him up even though hes Ash's longest traveling buddie, must have been zapped by Pikachu one too many times wonder how this affected Team Rocket's memoryXD I love the cute little Pearlshipping moments, Ash being more concerned about Dawn than Iris for the LOL. I liked Iris and Dawn's interactions, do not like Dawn agreeing with Iris about Ash being a kid am hopping she calls Dawn a kid next episode maybe? Like Ash scanning Pokemon for Iris not for himself, thank you writers. Over all, I've been loving Best Wishes 2 and am not really looking forward to the Dento episode next week but yah know can't be all hits I guess but hopefully we get some Pearlshippingness to make up for it ^
    martianmister likes this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Then I am blaming the sub. She actually commanded Piplup to use "Doriru Kuchibashi", which means Drill Peck. So, there is no doubt about it.

Same for today's episode --> "Zutsuki" (Headbutt)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    First off let me say, I'm happy Brock got talked about a bit but its sad that Dawn had to be the one to bring him up even though hes Ash's longest traveling buddie, must have been zapped by Pikachu one too many times wonder how this affected Team Rocket's memoryXD I love the cute little Pearlshipping moments, Ash being more concerned about Dawn than Iris for the LOL. I liked Iris and Dawn's interactions, do not like Dawn agreeing with Iris about Ash being a kid am hopping she calls Dawn a kid next episode maybe? Like Ash scanning Pokemon for Iris not for himself, thank you writers. Over all, I've been loving Best Wishes 2 and am not really looking forward to the Dento episode next week but yah know can't be all hits I guess but hopefully we get some Pearlshippingness to make up for it ^
    Lol, yeah, I noticed that he said Hikari-tachi and not Iris-tachi, so yeah, his first thoughts went to Hikari XD I didn't mind Hikari calling Satoshi's a kid because she was probably doing it to annoy him, and I find that in-character. But yeah, Hikari is more of a kid than Satoshi, or at least she was in D/P.

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Then I am blaming the sub. She actually commanded Piplup to use "Doriru Kuchibashi", which means Drill Peck. So, there is no doubt about it.

Same for today's episode --> "Zutsuki" (Headbutt)
    Oh, so maybe I somehow thought "zutsuki" was "tsuzuki' which is Peck... ok, so apparently Pip currently knows: BubbleBeam / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump / Drill Peck / Headbutt ? and that's 5 moves... wtf, Headbutt was really ridiculous in my opinion, they could just not do it and keep it at 4 like they tried to do so far... oh well

I think this episode just further confirms that none of Ash's female companions will ever have a problem with each other, no matter how hard the shippers want them to. (If it wasn't already proven by Misty/May and May/Dawn.)

From what everyone has said so far this episode sounds fairly filler-ish, so I'll be interesting in seeing how important the other episodes that Dawn is set to appear in are. Onix always tends to reappear in filler episodes, doesn't he?
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

I wonder how the same animation team can improve so much from one episode to another.
    Dawn's eyes last episode looked so bizarre, and in this was in top form.

- I don't like the setting one bit, I feel that if Dawn is there it should fell less fillery like Onyx Island with a shiny Onix.
    - I quite enjoyed the Iris Dawn interactions, and girls are just like that, turn on the male friend. :D
    - Great that Miju learned Hydropump and I what did Piplup learn?
    - Brock mention, good. Ash should have done that the first time Cilan cooked for them.
    - And what's up with Meloetta? Why does it feel she has a secret? Is there a Meloetto? =)
    - All in all, good episode. 7.4/10 IMO.

There's really no reason the girls wouldn't get along... though I wouldn't expect Dawn and Iris to get along as good as they ended up being, due to their different personalities... I thought they simply won't interact too much but it seems they actually do and it is very entertaining and nice to see them get along so good, so I'm happy
    Dawn actually makes Iris slightly more fun than she is otherwise... but well, Dawn makes everything better :) poor BW series the moment Dawn will leave...
    BTW, I now wonder if Dawn will mention Paul and/or Barry when she'll met Trip and Ash's other rivals... I can totally see Trip reminding her of Paul and Bianca reminding her of Barry XD
    djulienr and martianmister like this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Well Piplup didn't use Ice Beam or (Drill) Peck at all in the episode, so apart from being terrible writing it could mean it has lost one of those moves. I don't understand how Headbutt would be part of a contest scenario, and if what happened when it headbutted Onix is any guide, it just doesn't have the strength to use a really physical move like that (hence me thinking it didn't look like a move at all).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)