REVIEW: BW 085 "Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: BW 085 "Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!" Review Thread

Default re: BW 085 "Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!" Review Thread

This battle proved only one thing: Shirona and her Garchomp have weakened tremendously after the Sinnoh. Because it is no way that such a loser like Iris and her pathetic Axew could whistand an attack form Garchomp. This battle proved me only one thing. Shirona will lose and will lose very soon. We'll see a new champion appearing who is far stronger than her. I am quite disappointed.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I only saw the first half of the episode and may be wrong about this, but I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to hear any pre-BW / non-movie music in this.
    Rex Kamex and BladeLight52 like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

I have to know, what were Ash's initial reactions throughout the episode? Please give me details

Did the subject of Ash's travels in Sinnoh come up?

And if it did, did they once again treat the situation like Iris and Cilan already knew that?

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, now I've realized the downside to having old characters return in this series. Mix in BW's bullshit mechanics with the pre-existing canon that was easy to discard/disconnect from this series makes BW's bad writing decisions even more painfully obvious.

Like seriously, if they didn't establish that Cynthia's Garchomp was going easy on Axew, then this entire battle was a farce, because Axew shouldn't have lasted more than a second in there, much less actually land significant blows on Garchomp. Because now painful reminders of DP rise up from this, like how four of Paul's well-trained Pokemon (besides Chimchar, I guess) couldn't last nearly as long against Garchomp... but somehow this babby Axew who's done jack and shit for 40 episodes not only holds its own far longer than it had any right to, but learns yet another stupidly overpowered move. Honestly, what the hell?

Would it have been that hard for Cynthia to squash Iris in a second, and spend the rest of the episode doing a training routine that enables Axew to learn this move that is still way far out of its league (WHY THE HELL CAN'T IT JUST LEARN DUAL CHOP?)? Because that at least would have, y'know, contributed to what barely constitutes as a story for Iris and Axew. And naturally, because Axew learned a new stupidly powerful move before a major tournament, someone's going to suffer a bullshit loss from Iris whom I predict won't use any actual strategy to win because she has all this raw power at her disposal.

I pity whoever is going to be going up against Iris. Unless it's Trip.
    Moe, HumanDawn, Mikuri and 15 others like this.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Pokemon series really became pathetic. I thought maybe something will change in B2W2 but we saw another stupid nonsense crap. I am disappointed.
    rubinek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    I have to know, what were Ash's initial reactions throughout the episode? Please give me details

Did the subject of Ash's travels in Sinnoh come up?

And if it did, did they once again treat the situation like Iris and Cilan already knew that?
    I think Ash was all "OMG IT'S CYNTHIA" and then Cilan said something like "Wait, Ash, YOU KNOW THE SINNOH CHAMPION?!"
    So it seems like Iris and Cilan either didn't know Ash was in Sinnoh or at least never heard that he met Cynthia there

Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    This battle proved only one thing: Shirona and her Garchomp have weakened tremendously after the Sinnoh. Because it is no way that such a loser like Iris and her pathetic Axew could whistand an attack form Garchomp. This battle proved me only one thing. Shirona will lose and will lose very soon. We'll see a new champion appearing who is far stronger than her. I am quite disappointed.
    1. BW have not-as-good writing as DP
    2. Cynthia's previous battles were supposed to symbolise how awesome she is and in her battle against Paul how wrong Paul is, while this battle was supposed to emphasize Iris' potential as a Dragon Master - the writers are doing things the way it's convenient for them to be at the moment
    Last edited by Piplup; 21st June 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    It's obvious that Shirona was extremely easy on her. She didn't even attacked Kibago for most of the match.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

From what I can tell, I'm just hoping that the battle was a "go easy on the baby dragon." Being a Paul-fan, it would have been an insult seeing the Pokemon with nearly 0 training do a better job against Garchomp. I mean its a beast taking out 4 of Paul's Pokemon, Lucian's Bronzong, Flint's 3 Pokemon that were used against it in the last episode of DP, numerous Team Galactic Pokemon and the list goes on.

Being the character that she is my guess is that Cynthia saw how much Iris seemed to admire her and agreed to a match. So, I'm hoping that she held back purposefully to see what Iris and Axew were like as a team; how compatible they were, Iris' battle-style (which is basically not a strategy at all), Axew's strength, etc. I'm guessing that on an unspoken term between Cynthia and Garchomp that they would hold back. I mean I'm sure that Cynthia has been up against Pokemon that were way weaker than her and didn't want to squash them in an instant.

I'm looking at it this way; if she battles a fan that looks up to her for whatever reason, she would know simply beating them that quick would probably do more harm than good. Some would take the defeat and grow from it but most would probably quit thinking that they have no talent or future as a trainer. That's why I'm thinking she went EXTREMELY easy on Iris.

This is me being completely optimistic because I know BW has bad writing, but I just hope they know better than to screw with awesome DP-era characters (minus Ash...)

I don't think they mentioned she was going easy on Kibago (not sure, my Japanese isn't too good and Keyhole's audio does not help), but I think it should be pretty obvious. If Shirona sees a trainer with a baby dragon all eager to fight, she's not gonna beat the crap out of her and say she went easy on her. That would be unnecessary and rude. Besides, Gaburias looked more annoyed than hurt.

The battle didn't bother me in the slightest, in fact, the only things that upset me about this episode were the boring-as-hell TR and Mijumari falling in love again, but maybe that's just because I find Mijumaru boring as well.
    Aeon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Like seriously, if they didn't establish that Cynthia's Garchomp was going easy on Axew, then this entire battle was a farce, because Axew shouldn't have lasted more than a second in there, much less actually land significant blows on Garchomp. Because now painful reminders of DP rise up from this, like how four of Paul's well-trained Pokemon (besides Chimchar, I guess) couldn't last nearly as long against Garchomp... but somehow this babby Axew who's done jack and shit for 40 episodes not only holds its own far longer than it had any right to, but learns yet another stupidly overpowered move. Honestly, what the hell?

Would it have been that hard for Cynthia to squash Iris in a second, and spend the rest of the episode doing a training routine that enables Axew to learn this move that is still way far out of its league (WHY THE HELL CAN'T IT JUST LEARN DUAL CHOP?)? Because that at least would have, y'know, contributed to what barely constitutes as a story for Iris and Axew. And naturally, because Axew learned a new stupidly powerful move before a major tournament, someone's going to suffer a bullshit loss from Iris whom I predict won't use any actual strategy to win because she has all this raw power at her disposal.
    @, you don't know how right you are! This battle indeed was a farce and insult to every Cynthia fan and, above all, to me as her biggest admirer. As the President of the Cynthia Club I refuse to let this awfully painful and poor writing destroy Cynthia's glorious reputation, I simply won't let that happen!! Isn't it already bad enough that ever since BW started the quality of Pokemon has steadily been going downhill? And now it even looks like they're not even sparing wonderful characters from the good old days and trying to drag my beloved Cynthia into this mess, too. It's hard to find words to express how outraged I am.
    First, with Glaceon they gave Cynthia a random Pokemon although she only deserves the most extraordinary ones. So, having the nerve to give the best of all Champions an ordinary Pokemon just because they apparently needed it as a plot device is simply outrageous! And, to make thing worse, they actually had that tiny little inexperienced Axew hold its own against two of Garchomp's attacks. Sad, implausible and unacceptable!
    But definitely the height of cheek was when the writers were pulling another DEM strategy out of the hat by having Axew learn a ridiculously powerful move and hit Garchomp with it. :sayan:

Writers, as far as I'm concerned you can continue with that mess called Pokemon BW and destroy everything you've so carefully built up over the years, but take your hands off Cynthia! I swear you, writers, you better redeem Cynthia in the World Tournament or I promise that all hell will break loose.

By the way, did the episode say anything about Cynthia being in the next one as well? There are no signs of her in the preview, you know.
    Madame Pika likes this.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

@Queen Cynthia;

I must disagree with you about my battle with Iris. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to test her bond with Kibago. As evidenced by her outstanding team in B2W2, she will become a fine trainer, and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.
    Pffft. She can never equal me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    @Queen Cynthia;

I must disagree with you about my battle with Iris. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to test her bond with Kibago. As evidenced by her outstanding team in B2W2, she will become a fine trainer, and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.
    WHAT?? Are you even aware of the fact that they simply used Cynthia as a plot device??? The greatest character ever whom I love more than anything else used as a mere plot device to help a little and lazy kid train her Pokemon, something she should do on her own! Sorry, but how in the world can you find THAT enjoyable??
    How dare they do something to my Cynthia??
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Does Cynthia know how you feel about her?

Because even I, Dragon Master extraordinaire, would be afraid of Cynthia thinking of me as a creepy stalker.

That Garchomp is mean, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    @Queen Cynthia;

WHAT?? Are you even aware of the fact that they simply used Cynthia as a plot device??? The greatest character ever whom I love more than anything else used as a mere plot device to help a little and lazy kid train her Pokemon, something she should do on her own! Sorry, but how in the world can you find THAT enjoyable??
    How dare they do something to my Cynthia??
    Plot device: A plot device is an object or character in a story whose sole purpose is to advance the plot of the story.

So, uh, what's wrong with her being used as one?

By definition, everyone who's a regular character is a plot device.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10th September 2012, 12:15 PM
  2. 21st June 2012, 05:43 AM