REVIEW: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

I liked the episode, I think the battle was well animated, moreso with Dogasu and Dustdas, and Homika had a really fun personality. Best thing about the episode: Iris. She got the biggest laugh out of me in this and her and Dent at the end where hilarious. She really was a fun character for once, she was reminiscent of her few good episodes in and after Raimon City where she was more jellin' with everyone and it was really nice to see. I hope it carries over in BW2. Also, I liked that we saw some personality from Kenhallow, some fighting spirit, something to make me care what happened to that Pokémon in the battle.

The one negative thing about the episode was that... it didn't feel like an eighth gym battle. I didn't have that "Wow, look how far Satoshi and his team have come" feeling, nor did I have that "I can't wait for the League" feeling. I didn't really connect with most of Satoshi's choices for this battle except Kenhallow, so I never really felt like rooting for them or that I really wanted them to win because they weren't really memorable as characters. The fact that Homika's Dogasu had more personality that Satoshi's roster combined worries me.

Default Re: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ハルカ View Post
    Anyone know where to watch this? I really wanna watch it.
    You'll have to wait for the English dub. There's no legal way to watch this episode.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Anyone know where to watch this? I really wanna watch it.
    You'll have to wait for the English dub. There's no legal way to watch this episode.
    Oh, thanks. BTW, can I watch this in Japanese?
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

We don't allow links to the Japanese version since there are no legal ones.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    We don't allow links to the Japanese version since there are no legal ones.
    Oh. Thanks anyway.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Oh, I forgot to mention Homika in the Anime is nearly as strong as any Elite 4 O_O, or maybe stronger than a Frontier Brain

This is sort of a reminiscence to Ash's final league battle in DP for me for some reason. Koffing here displayed a real threat here. Using Gyro Ball defensively and offensively. I wish they do this more often. Pretty nice that Ash gambled the Energy Ball effect of sapping Special Defense from Koffing and slowing it down with Leavanny's String Shot. Also liked how Unfezant refuses to go down, despite the results. Did a good job a blowing back the Will-O-Wisp at least.

Other than the Static effect from Pikachu, the rest is pretty much what is already known: attack VS attack, evasions and head-on assaults. I thought Homika would use the Toxic Spikes route for this Gym Battle. Oh well.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Did Homika beat her previous challenger, the one Ash and the gang saw with a Gothitelle, with just her Koffing?

....that is the strongest Koffing, to ever exist....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Did Homika beat her previous challenger, the one Ash and the gang saw with a Gothitelle, with just her Koffing?

....that is the strongest Koffing, to ever exist....
    Yeah, just ignore the fact that Psychic is super-effective to Poison, the Anime dont give a crap about this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The Gothitelle family is such an annoying pokemon line. I have no idea why the writers decide to throw them in everywhere. The anime has made me hate it even more than I did originally based on just how ugly they are.

I really enjoyed this gym though. Just the way they had to enter through some shady basement stairs. Really sorta gave you a feel for Homika's character.

Did anyone else notice that at the beginning of the Team Rocket Live Caster a snippet of their Isshu theme was used... which I was glad to hear again after so long. It was one of the only things I liked about BW Team Rocket.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i feel for ash's final badge that this is a bit of a dissapointment in my own taste. *Well, i would compare this episode to a similar reaction to a Chevy or vauxhall and Opel ( for those of you in europe) fan of the bankruptcy of general motors by thinking that yes i feel that these episodes were not up to my expectations but i hope that since this being a new season that the cast will get into high gear and hopefully come back out stronger with a better plot for next season starting with a semi "intoxicating" gym battle* (real world refernce). i do feel disapointed that the battle seemed rushed and that palpitoad needed more screentime. however there were parts i did enjoy. one being iris on the drums and who could forget iris and cilans artistic paint incident. however i feel that yes it could have been better that it was one of the best episodes made recently

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it's good Ash used all his Pokemon because Homika's Koffing definitely could've knocked three of Ash's Pokemon out on its own. How sad, rofl.

Blog Entries

That referee's Engrish was absolutely hysterical! XD That and Iris and Dent's cheering methods!

Blog Entries

I'll give these episodes a 3 out of 5

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast