REVIEW: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Also, a new beginning what? They only do that when they're starting a new saga, we know it's not really a new saga, at least not yet. I'll see you guys on the season 2 board.
    Yeah, they only did the "new beginning" thing before actual new series like AG, DP and BW started... they shouldn't really do it in this case when it's still going to be the same BW series, just a "new season" of the same series and a direct continuation of the exact same story... @_@" but I guess they simply want to advertise it as much as they can and get us all exicted for it... which partly works XD though it's mainly Dawn/Pip and old Poké that makes me excited and not really the "Season 2" thing that is honestly kind of ridiculous and is obviously only happening to play off the "2" in the games titles and make viewers excited
    djulienr likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 083-084 "Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!" Review Thread

This is the second time in the last month or so where the episode began with a boy with Watchog/Mien-line getting their ass-kicked. :/

Blog Entries

I hate Team Rocket in charter. AHHHHHHHHH!

@ Crysta Blade - I couldn't even notice that mistake, since keyhole's connection sometimes freezes an image in place, that goof's pretty bad.

But anyway I thought this episode had an awesome battle. I liked the parts with Pignite, he really puts up a battle after showing Suwama the what for, also the final battle with Pikachu and Garbardor was great as well; Volt tackle and Electro ball were fantastic there. :D Meloetta's popping up throughout the battle was quite cute; her cheer for Ash was sweet. :) Also liked how Pikachu noticed her before she disappeared during Palpitoad's battle.

But what really got me excited at the end was Team Rocket acting like their old selves when they hi-jacked Oak's Live Caster, it was fantastic and funny. XD

I really hope they put more of their old personality in the next season, plus I can't wait to hear what their plans are, makes me wish I lived in Japan to give 'em a call myself. The preview of best wishes 2 shown at the end was spectacular with Meloetta using relic song; it was just marvelous with her singing voice and transformation. :) Now I can't wait for next week's episode.

And yes... I know Meloetta is genderless, but it's kinda hard not to call a legendary a female when it starts acting as if it does have a gender, like Latias, when it's crushing on guys, in this case Ash, and looks overwhelmingly like a female, it also makes it awkward to keep referring Meloetta as an "it" in sentences.

Follow jman21 On Twitter

To be honest, i don't think Ash is ready for the league after this episode. He may have won, but Homika came out looking like the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by jman21 View Post
    To be honest, i don't think Ash is ready for the league after this episode. He may have won, but Homika came out looking like the stronger one.
    He did ask himself if their (his and his Poké's) current power is not enough... and I'm sure he realizes how he won in a not-so-fair way with using double the amount of Poké and not to mention getting help from Homika's berries...
    As I said, I really hope this leads to Ash saying he wishes to train in order to become as strong as he was during Sinnoh... and the timing is perfect with Dawn arriving now - he used to help support and train her when she was down, now she might do the same for him - it can be so good if they'll do it (and maybe then Ash will smartly use the 3 months prior to the League and improve enough for me to accept him getting Top 8 or maybe even somehow Top 4 again...)
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Ash realizes it too, I strongly believe his Pokemon will be beefed up the BW2 episode prior to the league.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still can't get over the format of this gym battle. Ash was given the opportunity to use twice as many pokemon as his opponent's, and it was still pitted down to a one-on-one struggle. Ash did win this gym battle, but if the rules of the battle were a 3-on-3 elimination, Homika definitely would have won.

The worst part of this battle was that the majority of the pokemon Ash used here had evolved from either past gym battles or battles against powerful trainers with fully evolved pokemon. These pokemon all learned new attacks and managed to defeat the pokemon that they had trouble with prior to their evolutions. Seeing all of those pokemon lose terribly here makes me look back at all of those gym battles in which Ash won by using them, and consider those wins to be very cheap and undeserved. What is the point of having Ash use evolved pokemon if some of them are going to lose just mere seconds after being used?

Everything else about the episode was fine. I felt that this gym battle was terrible because it highlights some of Ash's wins in the past as cheap. Poor Ash, how are you going to advance past the rounds in the Unova League with this team at this rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Everything else about the episode was fine. I felt that this gym battle was terrible because it highlights some of Ash's wins in the past as cheap. Poor Ash, how are you going to advance past the rounds in the Unova League with this team at this rate?
    I think part of the reason they made this battle the way they did is exactly BECAUSE of how Ash has no chance to do any good in the League currently
    Ash pretty much admitted it in this ep...
    I seriously believe the East Unova arc will show us Ash saying he's in a serious need of training and he'll work really hard and improve his team before the League
    nattfly likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I think part of the reason they made this battle the way they did is exactly BECAUSE of how Ash has no chance to do any good in the League currently
    Ash pretty much admitted it in this ep...
    No, it means Ash recognizes he needs to train his pokemon a bit more prior to the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    No, it means Ash recognizes he needs to train his pokemon a bit more prior to the league.
    You're pretty much saying the same thing in a nicer way...
    The thing is that Ash is simply NOT ready for the League yet, and he pretty much said it during this ep... people wanted an in-show proof to Ash not being as good as he should be, and we more-or-less got it in this ep
    If Ash will train seriously with Dawn in these 3 months before the League, I can see his team and Ash himself getting closer to how things were during DP (though probably still not as good as DP)
    I'm starting to feel like Ash's team is going to improve a lot and do pretty good in the League, but not as good as the Sinnoh team... I think Top 8 would be the best way to do it
    Then Ash can decide to train even harder since he'll be disappointed of getting a lower rank... actually, I wonder if Dawn may still somehow be around when that happens... she did stick to watch his Sinnoh League even after she didn't have anything to do anymore... she might do the same now... and in case Ash gets "depressed" of getting a lower League rank, she might be able to help him, after she's been thorugh similar things...
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Did anyone notice Iris had an Electric style and Dento had a Fire style? Nice subtle Easter Egg. Nature and Technology? Yin and yang? Black and white? Zekrom and Reshiram.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 14th June 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Just noticed Homika was taller than Ash and Iris.. I thought she was shorter than that.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone know where to watch this? I really wanna watch it.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Blog Entries

Decent pair of episodes, everyone was pretty enjoyable here. Still a bit jarred by the fact it took Ash six Pokemon to beat her...but it's w/e at this point. I liked the little Kanto talk Homika had when she heard about Masara town and saw Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    Just noticed Homika was taller than Ash and Iris.. I thought she was shorter than that.
    Heh, I thought she be Ash's height too..so I was a bit surprised to see that she was almost as tall as Cilan.
    djulienr likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)