REVIEW: BW 082 "Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BW 082 "Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!" Review Thread

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW 082 "Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!" Review Thread

@Alphaphlare; Did you honestly expect the movies to be good? I certainly didn't. The point of the episode wasn't the movies themselves, it was making the movies. But hey, it was better than their last one. And of course it's amateurish - it's a theme park built into a film studio. They aren't going to give their big budget stuff to kids. As for the pacing, I never once believed that was the entire film - that they were only showing highlights for the sake of the time slot of the actual episode (so in-universe, the audience would have seen the entire film).

Are you seriously questioning how Luke could have his knowledge of films at such an age in a show where ten year olds are allowed to travel entire regions on their own by foot for the purpose of capturing Pokémon and making them fight for sport?. We know nothing of Luke's history - maybe he has a parent or older relative in the industry? You never know. We also know nothing of the Pokémon World's education system.

Also, it was never stated when Ash saw "The Dirty Herdier". It could have been during his Unova adventures, but off screen. As for Ash not caring at first - he's always been that way. If he's in a town or city with a gym, he's always wanted to go there right away. He relented because both Cilan and Iris wanted to go to Pokéwood; he's also thinking of his friends as well as himself.

I think you need to take a step back and stop over-analysing the show. It's light entertainment for children - and the added knowledge about green screens and acting techniques that were demonstrated in it are pretty educational (and the green screens are also a reference to the feature in Black 2/White 2, which has you battling a green screen during Pokéwood).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 082 "Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    @Alphaphlare; Did you honestly expect the movies to be good? I certainly didn't. The point of the episode wasn't the movies themselves, it was making the movies. But hey, it was better than their last one. And of course it's amateurish - it's a theme park built into a film studio. They aren't going to give their big budget stuff to kids. As for the pacing, I never once believed that was the entire film - that they were only showing highlights for the sake of the time slot of the actual episode (so in-universe, the audience would have seen the entire film).

Are you seriously questioning how Luke could have his knowledge of films at such an age in a show where ten year olds are allowed to travel entire regions on their own by foot for the purpose of capturing Pokémon and making them fight for sport?. We know nothing of Luke's history - maybe he has a parent or older relative in the industry? You never know. We also know nothing of the Pokémon World's education system.

Also, it was never stated when Ash saw "The Dirty Herdier". It could have been during his Unova adventures, but off screen. As for Ash not caring at first - he's always been that way. If he's in a town or city with a gym, he's always wanted to go there right away. He relented because both Cilan and Iris wanted to go to Pokéwood; he's also thinking of his friends as well as himself.

I think you need to take a step back and stop over-analysing the show. It's light entertainment for children - and the added knowledge about green screens and acting techniques that were demonstrated in it are pretty educational (and the green screens are also a reference to the feature in Black 2/White 2, which has you battling a green screen during Pokéwood).
    When they take as much screen time as they did the quality becomes that of the episode.

I gave a huge explanation on WHY I'm allowed to do that legitmently didn't I?

Still makes my point valid which is a point made by alot of MS3K esk internet personality whatever reason Ash has for saying it doesn't nullify my point in the slightest. A when Ash saw it well he said that to Iris which shows she wasn't there so take that for what its worth.

Over analysis for me is passive analysis. So take that for what its worth as well.
    I am not a Nyanners fan. I am an addict. Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life. I want my soul back. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Let's tone it down here and not tell other people how to watch a children's television show, alright?

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mjolnir On Twitter Add Mjolnir on Facebook
    Follow Mjolnir on Tumblr

Saw this episode earlier today with my sister and loved it. Little things like Iris going "Is this gonna make it resemble flying?" and them doing voice-dubbing was really fun to see included in there. Also, the Zorua!MGM logo was hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another problem with the episode is a reference =/= a joke
    I am not a Nyanners fan. I am an addict. Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life. I want my soul back. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Okay, it's been almost three weeks since this ep aired in Japan, and there's somethng I've been wondering about that hasn't popped up in any discussions or synopses:

From the screencaps, I can figure that Cilan plays the bad guy (again), and Ash is a heroic fighter pilot. What is Iris' character, and what's with Zorua playing her twin?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    What is Iris' character, and what's with Zorua playing her twin?
    Iris is the island's miko, aka sort of like a priestess. I'm assuming Zorua is her twin as a proof of her power I guess idk.

But it's her ~love~ for Gobitto that uh... resurrects Goloog or something.

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234