REVIEW: BW 080 "Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: BW 080 "Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!" Review Thread

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 080 "Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_Lotr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    What did Nurse Joy reveal about Opelucid Gym?
    I agree, what was said? And I thought I heard something at the end of the episode about a gym, what was that?
    Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !
    That your answer !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !
    That your answer !
    Did no one ask why it was closed? How did Nurse Joy even bring it up?

Blog Entries

Hmm....expected answer, but it only makes me wonder what Drayden is up to. Anyway, for a Sommelier-off, this is not what I expected. True, this guy is just as flamboyant as Cilan, but he comes off as still not as skilled as him. I like the indication that Cilan is improving, but I wanted Cilan to have someone with differing opinions, but they would prove a point that's equally valid. Oh well, at least it's still entertaining.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Nyeh, this was an all right episode, I guess. I think the fact that I find the whole sommelier thing so dumbfounding kind of hinders my ability to fully appreciate episodes focusing on the whole affair. It's OK as goofy banter and characters being ott on the side and such, but...I dunno. They were basically just trying to make up a little kid's mind for her. When they take it seriously, it still seems like a pretty flimsy raison d'etre to me. Bah, but what do I know.

Dent and Cabernet are still funny, though, don't get me wrong.

So hang on, hang on, back up. Opelucid Gym is closed, and Ash is directed to Homika's Gym. Does this mean he's going to take on Drayden later for another badge? If that's the case, he'll have 9 (or if he battles Shizui too, 10) by the end. This certainly deviates from his usual 8 badge format. Not sure if it matters, but it came to mind.

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower View Post
    So hang on, hang on, back up. Opelucid Gym is closed, and Ash is directed to Homika's Gym. Does this mean he's going to take on Drayden later for another badge? If that's the case, he'll have 9 (or if he battles Shizui too, 10) by the end. This certainly deviates from his usual 8 badge format. Not sure if it matters, but it came to mind.
    There is no real reason to think this. If Ash wanted to battle Drayden so much, he wouldn't be so eager to find another gym leader. Besides, one would think there would be a valid reason for Drayden closing the gym, which could be a promotion to the Elite Four.

Blog Entries

Burgundy was probably the best part of this episode. Though I do wish she had been allowed to move up in rank by now.

Crustle should really just go away, be released, or something. Where's Stunfisk?
    Yoshi-san likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Weird episode, looking at the pictures at least. Pokemon x Human marriages, and sniffing little girls...

Anyway, for a Sommelier-off, this is not what I expected.
    Not to mention it was basically a normal battle. Not sure how a giant crab beating up a little cat would help the girl find a Pokemon partner but...

They were basically just trying to make up a little kid's mind for her. When they take it seriously, it still seems like a pretty flimsy raison d'etre to me. Bah, but what do I know.
    And in the end, it ended up all being pointless as she already had a Pokemon she liked.

So, well, once again my belief that the Sommelier Society is simply a poetry-group with an interest in food imagery is justified once more.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I didn't catch the episode because typically I abhor waking up at 6am or 5am however early it may be... but I caught the caps on tumblr.

THIS EPISODE IS SO STRAIGHT GUYS~

Is it me, or does it seem the animators were trying to go for something... unique when they created the character designs for this episode, as they seem a lot more different and defined from the norm. The Butler's gaunt face, Mr. Hattori's huge eyebrows, Momocchi's eyes... and especially Pinot Noir's face for some reason really stood out in this episode.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

The kid looked like a friggin' tamagotchi.

The episode was good in my opinion. This episode made me like Cilan and Burgundy even more. Burgundy is probably by now one of my 10 favorite characters overal. The fact she blasted off gave me a good laugh.

I hope for god sake, Crustle will die released in a future episode. Why is this thing so overused? Why not having lil' Pansage or Stunfisk that we hardly ever see give some screentime?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

So, I really don't get why we need Sommeliers to choose a starter, since Trainers will bond with every Pokemon they own, no matter what, unless the Trainer is a jerk like Paul or Suwama. Maybe Mr. Hattori was hoping a Sommelier would find a Pokemon that wouldn't be freaked out by his daughter's eyes?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Hm, Dent seemed really excited about going to Tachiwaki City. I wonder why.....

I really hope Pinot Noir returns, he was such a fabulous freak. He reminds me of Harley and I loved that guy.

I'm glad the reason for Dent's Choroneko phobia wasn't revealed in this episode as this is only the second time it's been brought up (well third if you count the 14th movie) so to have the reason for it revealed here would have been way too soon. Besides this episode was too busy focusing on Pokémon Sommeliers anyway.

Although I usually find him so, Dent was exceptionally adorable in this episode. Yeah there was no character development, but at the same time there was nothing to be nitpicked about him here. He respected the fact that Momocchi already had a Pokémon friend who she bonded with. I love it whenever Dent helps someone out as a Pokémon Sommelier as he always puts on a kind demeanour that's impossible to hate, also Dent is so sweet around children (whether it's human children or Pokémon children). I loved this episode for the adorableness, campiness and crazy Cabernet.

I would have preferred it if Dent used and won with Magyo, that was my only gripe with this episode. But at same time I really do like Iwapalace.

It's funny when you realize out of those three Pokémon Sommeliers in this episode Dent was the most normal. Cabernet had her pretending to be an S-Class Sommelier, sniffing Momocchi (freaking the poor girl out) and basically some Team Rocket-like moments - the disguise being part of it - Pinot Noir had his hip shaking, butt thrusting and smelling Dent's hand and the only odd thing Dent did was sniff the ground like a dog trying to find that mystery scent which came from Momocchi. Also I love Dent's mind theatre, he has such a vivid imagination.
    Last edited by Don; 24th May 2012 at 12:03 PM.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aside from the fact that this episode served to accomplish very little other than humiliating Burgundy even further, I am glad that the plot was resolved with the little girl deciding which pokemon she was allowed to have on her own instead of letting two complete strangers deciding on that pokemon for her. Letting a human interact with a pokemon on his or her own without any interference from others is truly the most magical aspect of this series.

Was it ever explained in this episode why Cilan dislikes the Purrloin species so much?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    So, I really don't get why we need Sommeliers to choose a starter, since Trainers will bond with every Pokemon they own, no matter what, unless the Trainer is a jerk like Paul or Suwama. Maybe Mr. Hattori was hoping a Sommelier would find a Pokemon that wouldn't be freaked out by his daughter's eyes?
    That's my main gripe with the whole Sommelier schtick. Think about it: Back in the very first episode...would Pikachu really have been the best choice for Satoshi? I can't imagine a Sommelier to suggest the Pikachu of those days as a good starter choice for someone like Kanto-Satoshi. And like you said, normally every trainer bonds with their Pokémon in the end anyway.
    Maybe Nozomi was a Sommelier wannabe and didn't like Aipom's taste because it was with Satoshi? :p

Other than that it was an okay episode. I liked the Pokémarriage hint. I've always known the Pokéworld is a fucked up place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 23rd September 2012, 06:59 AM
  2. 26th May 2012, 10:00 AM