Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 077 "Flaming Memories! Pokabu VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

Flaming Memories! Pokabu VS Enbuoh!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Junki Takegami
    Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
    Assistant director - Ken'ichi Nishida
    Animation director - Tomohiro Koyama

While resting at a Battle Club in Astilbe Town, Satoshi and his friends meet a young boy named Suwama. Suwama was the trainer who left Satoshi's Pokabu for being too weak and hopes to prove how right he was by challenging Satoshi to a double battle. Satoshi's Tsutraja tries to keep Pokabu's head in the game while Suwama attacks with his Kuitaran and Emboar. Will Pokabu snap out of its daze in time!?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 077 "Flaming Memories! Pokabu VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

I like how Oshawott was asleep during the courtroom scene.

More courtroom Cilan, please. The world wants it. The world needs it.

Reused plot aside, this episode was awesome.

I like Pignite's voice, and his Flame Charge animation was cool.
    martianmister likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

MY GOD! Need some time to describe Chaoboo's pure EPICNESS.

Till then, have fun with Dento sama:

Pignite is awesome! And the ire Pledge animation is wonderful! Really great stuff!

Here I liked Ash's Snivy for possibly the very first time! But it should've been K.O. after the heat Crash! who wouldn't be! ?

A quite solid episode ! The only bad thing is how fast Emboar and Heatmor have gone KO! there should've been at least some more moves!

Blog Entries

Noooooooo, Chaoboo's voice is horrible ;__;

Er, I loved Tsutarja in this one, especially the slap to Pokabu's face to get it to stop being so upset. And I agree that the Nitro Charge animation was awesome after evolution. Suwama asking for Chaoboo to go back to him was rich xD

Moe
    Blog Entries

Sure, I have a pile of complaints about the episode, the clichéd come from behind win, etc. But the courtroom Cilan and the fantastic ending made it epic.

This episode may have single-handedly made me like Tepig/Pignite. It was awesome. And snivy was just pure boss in this Ep. From slapping tepig, which was halarious, to taking the hit. Oh and Fire pledge looked badass. The flamethrower to Suwamas face was a nice touch also. The win felt a bit cheap though, to fast after he evolved. Apart from that, yea awesome ep : )

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Suwama's a douche, yet I kinda hope he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    Till then, have fun with Dento sama:
    I declare this episode guilty, for being epic.

This was a pretty good episode, but the KO of Embuoh and Kuitaran was complete bull. Despite having taken almost no damage during the battle (in fact, I think Kuitaran was still at full health), both Pokemon were knocked out by a single Fire Pledge/Flame Charge combo.

But yeah, the Courtroom scenes were pure win... and the show's use of a couple of move combinations reminded me of D&P.

Blog Entries

Is it just me or does Chaobu kinda looks different than Bel's... like too round and egg shaped. Oh well, good episode. Tsutarja was awesome in this one, and I really liked how much she cared about Pokabu, gave him her fighting spirit and then sacrificed herself to get him motivated. ; ___ ; You go girl! Courtroom Dento was just hilarious and totally random Dent flavoured craziness, I loved it. Never change Dent, never change! LOL at Mijumaru sleeping through it all. I also really liked Pokabu's former trainer. His expression were priceless and I loved that he tried to get Chaobu to come back to him.

I'm still not sold on Chaobu as a character, but this episode endeared him to me somewhat.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    This was a pretty good episode, but the KO of Embuoh and Kuitaran was complete bull. Despite having taken almost no damage during the battle (in fact, I think Kuitaran was still at full health), both Pokemon were knocked out by a single Fire Pledge/Flame Charge combo.
    I was thinking while that was happening that perhaps it was Tepig's Blaze - Tepig certainly seemed pumped up after Snivy KO'd - but I suppose Cilan wouldn't have let that slip if it was Blaze.

and the show's use of a couple of move combinations reminded me of D&P.
    Which is especially useful when they seem to be about to introduce the Pledge moves. Perhaps Ash will remember the joy of good combinations...

But yeah, the Courtroom scenes were pure win...
    More thinking makes me wish Leavanny was in this episode, would be brilliant in the court room trying to calm everyone down and then frantically making bigger leaves for Pignite after evolving. Though at least having Krokorok appear meant that there's some consistency for next episode.

After checking the screencaps for this episode at Filb, I was reminded of a couple of other points of this episode:

- Can anyone tell me what Suwama was saying to the trainer he defeated at the beginning of the episode?
    - When Suwama was seen releasing Pokabu, the Poke Ball effect was the same as the standard. This was pretty disappointing, and I hate how nice little details that DP introduced like this have been removed for BW.
    - I really wish Kuitaran had been given more to do... it could have been replaced with any already introduced Fire-type from Generation V and it would have served the same purpose. A wasted debut (but not as wasted as the couple we've got coming up).
    - Seems Flame Burst was finally represented in the anime thanks to the opening battle.
    - Come on Satoshi, as much as I love it I think Zuruggu is long-overdue for some downtime at Araragi's. Seriously though, even a little screen-time for Kenhallow, Hahakomori, Gamagaru or Gantle would be nice.
    - Tsutarja watching Chaoboo using Fire Pledge in wonder is making me think that she may be learning a combination move next...
    - Nice to see Don George outside of a tournament setting. We haven't seen that since Satoshi trained for his rematch against Aloe.
    - Normally I would say that Suwama is far more interesting that Shooty... but at this point I think we all agree that most characters more interesting than Shooty.
    Last edited by WatcherMark; 3rd May 2012 at 06:23 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ash's very first victory in Battle club !
    But there was any people around like Suwama first battle in the beginning of the episode !
    I wonder , If Suwama going to be back for Revenge against Ash .
    And Also
    Paul still the only trainer who's mistreated his fire type but never got the taste of it's Flamethrower !
    I WANNA SEE MORE DOUBLE BATTLE

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Tepig looked so cute in this episode! I agree that pignite looks a little different than Bel's.

I don't know if I want suwama to come back, I mean that plot had been done before.

Pignite's reaction to burn his previous trainer's face was predictable, although I see it again as a big Deja Vu from Charmander's story; as he did the same thing to his precious trainer, with a little help of Pikachu's Thundershock. Also, in a minor way, Cyndaquil's story; since the trainer who wanted to capture it (Koji, I think) tried to steal Ash's Cyndaquil in a net. As result, he was badly burned when it used a Flamethrower at him, causing him to run away.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)