REVIEW: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Default Re: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Having rewatched the episode, I really enjoyed the brief part where Fujio ran through the time hole and we saw brief images of his past with Protoga and Abagoura (with the 'Wrapped Up in Light' remix from the Zoroark movie playing). Maybe the animators were just trying to show off, but I liked that way more than I thought I would seeing it again.

Also, I noticed in this episode and the last that whenever Koromori is sent out of its Poke Ball the energy takes on a heart shape before revealing the Poke Ball (something that I noticed with Kokoromori in the past). Has that always been there, or just used recently?

I'm sick to death of Okido-Hakase's Live Caster now, with the same old boring animation every time. Enough Generation V Pokemon have debuted by now, can we please have him doing something stupid to provoke them and get attacked like the good old days.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Well, this episode more or less lived up to my expectations. Which is to say, it was a sucktastic waste of time. Pokemon should just steer clear of time travel plots in regular episodes, period.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh, this two-part finale was rather lackluster. Not really bad, but nothing special in any way.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

The episodes were rather lackluster, it was just a generic "Team Rocket steals crap and fails" plot, and included a character of the day that was just so boring and generic, it wasn't any better than the Kami Trio episodes at all.

And seriously, a naturally occurring time-travel portal that's existence is never explained, even for the Pokemon franchise, that is unrealistic. I'd have to give both episodes a 1/10 for their lackluster writing
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I will agree that these eps were extremely lacking. I at least found merit in the other two TR two parters, but this is flipping lazy. I hope they do better next time.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I wish I was a kid again. All these issues wouldn't have affected me one bit.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 투 애니원 View Post
    I wish I was a kid again. All these issues wouldn't have affected me one bit.
    I wouldn't say that. We had eps similar to this in Johto and even as a kid I knew they weren't good.

I do like Jessie's visor though, I hope it makes a comeback. Hopefully Zager battles Ash too. At least all the fossil Pokemon eps are over now.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Still better than previous TR arc...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Not so good episode but what i really liked was that Koromori and Desumasu fought pretty well, and I hope they evolve soon.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

In Spiral Mountain, a warp in time and space exists known as the "Gate of Time."
    Seems the writers are ripping ideas from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge for the GBA now.

So yet another two-parter that could have passed as a one-parter but the writers thought more people would pay it attention if they made it a two-parter so they stretched it out into a two-parter. The plot was cliche and dull, the typical CotD was typically generic, the conflict is resolved as quick as it's introduced, and the dog peed on my trashcan again. Overall, a lackluster mini-arc.

Wouldn't it had been a lot more awesome if the plot consisted entirely of the group being sucked into the prehistoric era where they'd battle various fossil Pokemon? It'd be like Land of the Lost, then afterwards Ash could retire from Pokemon training and go on Comedy Central to impersonate George W Bush.

and a pretty standard 'Team Rocket tries to steal some shit' plot.
    Yeah, seems despite people raving about Team Rocket becoming "badass" now, they aren't really doing much different then what they used to, the only difference being that they rarely show up, have a scientist who looks like a piece of cauliflower with a monocle ordering them around, and have no comical antics that made them so charming and fun in past regions.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DynoStretch View Post
    In Spiral Mountain, a warp in time and space exists known as the "Gate of Time."
    Seems the writers are ripping ideas from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge for the GBA now.
    I laughed at that more than I probably should have.

Hopefully Zeger can go off to make sssstupid videogamessss in the near future.

I can't describe just how disappointing this two parter was... I really wish the TRio will just not appear anymore ever again if this is how their episodes are going to be... =\
    Also, the whole issue of this guy remembering a place he visited as a kid and no one believed him and how he wants to prove it to a girl - totally reminded me of that Vibara ep from Season 8 that I recently watched... not that I complain or something, I don't have a problem with "reusing" an old ep's plot, but at least that old one had Meowth's boss fantasy and stuff... here? nothing...
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

I have no idea why the writers can't make these episodes interesting. I mean, its not like its their first time working on the series. Bland episode is bland.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I can't describe just how disappointing this two parter was... I really wish the TRio will just not appear anymore ever again if this is how their episodes are going to be... =\
    Also, the whole issue of this guy remembering a place he visited as a kid and no one believed him and how he wants to prove it to a girl - totally reminded me of that Vibara ep from Season 8 that I recently watched... not that I complain or something, I don't have a problem with "reusing" an old ep's plot, but at least that old one had Meowth's boss fantasy and stuff... here? nothing...
    I agree. I miss the Boss fantasies. I wonder what the Boss fantasy of this two-parter would be...?

"Tonight Boss dines on prehistoric turtle soup!"

I actually couldn't help but be reminded of Mystic Mountains from Chrono Trigger with the whole time gate to the prehistoric time thing. That's what this episode lacked; a half-naked woman clan chief.

I don't understand how the medal survived millions of years. That thing couldn't have been that sturdy, and even if it was, I have a hard time believing Protoga wore it for the rest of its life.

Writers, if you're going to do another time-travel-esque episode, please don't try to make it serious. You failed hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)