REVIEW: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Blog Entries

Default BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
    Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume

In Spiral Mountain, a warp in time and space exists known as the "Gate of Time." The Rocket-Dan plan to use this gate to travel back to the past and capture a bunch of the pokemon there, but they need the help of "Prototurtle Pokemon" Protoga in order to do this. Unfortunately for them, the pokemon ran off into a nearby forest as soon as it was revived! Can Satoshi and his friends protect the Protoga from the Rocket-Dan's continuous assaults? And why is the Protoga glowing like that...

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

Team Rocket;
    Use Zeger's cube forcefield thing to trap 3 Abagohra
    One Abagohra destroys it

Protagonists;
    Fight Team Rocket with 2 pokemon
    Let Abagohra call for back-up, despite the fact they have 10 other pokemon with them.

In any case, I'm glad this is over. CoTD that was impossible to give a rat's arse about, and a pretty standard 'Team Rocket tries to steal some shit' plot. This story was definitely not something worth a double bill imo.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: BW 076 "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)"

I enjoyed the episode even though we got to see a lot of repetitive stuff. Decent closure

Blog Entries

My opinion? A whole lotta "meh". Just like the other two Rocket Specials.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Eh, it was decent, but I expected more from this 2-parter. It all boiled down to the usual TR-stealing-stuff-then-fails plot. I was expecting something more innovative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    In any case, I'm glad this is over. CoTD that was impossible to give a rat's arse about, and a pretty standard 'Team Rocket tries to steal some shit' plot. This story was definitely not something worth a double bill imo.
    Couldn't agree more. Especially the CoTD almost bored me to death. I liked the Subway Two-Parter but any other TR-centric episode thus far has been far from amazing.
    Even a single episode would have been boring, but a two-parter?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is why I dislike time travel plotlines; they become too complicated in the end.

The Tirtouga that Fujio befriended in the past was revived from a fossil in the previous episode. This meant that it was a Tirtouga before the pokemon fossilized. The Tirtouga has evolved into a Carracosta during this episode, and it decided to go back to its own time at the end of this episode. The pokemon would have been fossilized as a Carracosta, not as a Tirtouga. If it were to be revived in the present due to Team Rocket's machine, it would have been a Carracosta instead.

This meant that this episode overrided everything that happened during the previous episode.

If it were not for this one oversight, I would have said that this was a decent episode.

Thanks for the tips!
    Little compliments mean so much to me sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    This is why I dislike time travel plotlines; they become too complicated in the end.

The Tirtouga that Fujio befriended in the past was revived from a fossil in the previous episode. This meant that it was a Tirtouga before the pokemon fossilized. The Tirtouga has evolved into a Carracosta during this episode, and it decided to go back to its own time at the end of this episode. The pokemon would have been fossilized as a Carracosta, not as a Tirtouga. If it were to be revived in the present due to Team Rocket's machine, it would have been a Carracosta instead.

This meant that this episode overrided everything that happened during the previous episode.
    Heck, I've only seen pics of this episode and I could see this. Then again, perhaps that pre-fossil Tirtouga is still in the past and each time loop results in another Carracosta going to the past, thus eventually culminating in infinite copies of -- ah, stuff it. I'm not sure if there's even a right way to go about time travel, but I know this ain't it.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Haven't had a chance to see this yet, but I wonder how different you guys would feel if these two episodes *weren't* labeled as a two-parter. Like, if part one was called "The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Protoga's Miracle!" and then part two was "Escape into the Forest! Protect Abagoura!!" or something like that?

I kind of get the feeling that people wouldn't feel so...underwhelmed?...by these episodes if they weren't labeled the way that they were.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Out of the three two-parters we've had so far in BW, I liked this one better than the Kami Trio episodes but less than the Subway episodes. I did like that Koromori and Desumasu got to do plenty of battling, and Desumasu got a new attack to boot... although I was wishing like hell Koromori would get a new attack as well as I am way over Musashi constantly calling for Gust and Air Slash.

But yeah, this was an ok two-parter but it could have easily been a single episode... guess giving them two-parters is the only way the writers can justify Team Rocket's existence in the anime now.

One question : which water attack has been used by Caracosta and Tirotuga ? water gun, scald or hydro pump! Cause Oshawott saw these attacks hopefully he exchanges water gun for scald.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    One question : which water attack has been used by Caracosta and Tirotuga ? water gun, scald or hydro pump! Cause Oshawott saw these attacks hopefully he exchanges water gun for scald.
    Brine as a Protoga and Hydro Pump as Abagoura.
    Eneci likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why is that every episode where Team Rocket appear has to be 2 patter now ???
    Because of this stupid 2 patter episode , I have to wait until next weak to see the Tepig episode !
    At least , I hope for upcoming episode's preview & spoiler at the end of this episode but there was nothing.
    At least I could see some of Ash upcoming battle against Homika there !!!

Blog Entries

I was bored/very bored. This episode just lacked flavor. Usually, there's that one thing that makes me smile or care, even in the really boring episode, but not this time. This was just uninteresting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)