REVIEW: BW 073 "The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!" Review Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BW 073 "The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 073 "The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!" Review Thread

The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
    Storyboard - Takenori Kawada
    Assistant director - Yūji Asada
    Animation director - Masaaki Iwane

The Donamite continues with a match between Bel's strong Emboar and Kenyan's speedy Dageki. Can Emboar withstand Dageki's Karate Chop after it's been powered up by its Build Up attack? Later, Satoshi's Zurug goes up against Masaomi's Nageki. Satoshi's betting everything on Zurug's still-imperfect Focus Ball attack! Who will proceed to the finals and win the tournament!?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 073 "The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!" Review Thread

I'm so happy right now!

Loved all the Kenyan focus!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 073 "The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!" Review Thread

Not bad, although I liked Scraggy vs Throh battle better than the finals. D:

Sawk and Kenyan scenes were incredibly heartwarming, though!
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Mugiwara senpai! <3 Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Yoshi, don't you iCarly me!

A decent finale, especially the ending with the handshake and a billion Kenyan/Dageki hugs... SWEETEST THING EVER!

While I am happy about Kenyan winning and I did enjoy the Nageki vs Dageki battle, I couldn't help but feel the writers had gone into this episode thinking "Oh yeah, that's right. Satoshi and Bel are totally weak! and proceeded to have them both totally thrashed in the semi-finals. This is especially true of Satoshi's battle, where he didn't manage to land a single hit against Nageki... while I knew he was going into the battle to lose, I had hoped that Zuruggu would manage to perfect Focus Blast. But no, it seems that will have to wait for another day.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Nobody's gonna be surprised by the ending. Some nice battles that actually had substance to them, so I won't complain about that.

I strongly dislike the fact that they used the exact same battle background music as they've used in the previous three Donamite episodes; so hearing team for the zillionth time in a row was really tiresome and made the battles quite boring to listen to. Should it be so hard to vary the soundtrack, one may ask? Sigh.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    Yoshi, don't you iCarly me!

A decent finale, especially the ending with the handshake and a billion Kenyan/Dageki hugs... SWEETEST THING EVER!
    Keyhole skipped at this part! OMG this episode's even batter!

Also Kenyan telling Don George how to pronounce his name....but he still gets it wrong was a little funny

and now the narrator gets it wrong....Kenyan can't catch a break!

at least he won? :P

Blog Entries

I really liked the episode. Dent and Cabernet had some good moments, Don George and Bel were funny, Langley was cool and Zuruggu was cute yet kinda badass. The two battles involving Nageki were goodm and Kenyan/Dageki had some good moments, but overall, I wasn't really pulling for them, nor did I feel anything upon their victory. The finals made Nageki and Dageki stand out as Pokémon, really showed off their contrasting styles and uniqueness, but it felt like we'd seen it all before. Still, again, this tournament at least gave Kenyan some entertaining scenes he was cruelly missing up until now. Though, the name gag still isn't funny.

Solid episode and I think it's even more apparent now, but except for the matter of a certain sommelière losing a match she should have won, I think we can say Don Battle done right.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

This episode. Just this episode. It completely makes up for the disappointment that was the Club Battle. Thank you anime, thank you <3333 I love how Dageki knew Nageki was finished before Nageki even knew. That's just epic. And yeah, I did love all the Kenyan/Dageki scenes and I love how Masaomi recognized Kenyan as a rival and congratulated him. At least he's not a sore loser like Trip is *killed* I really hope he returns in the future somehow. This is definitely one of my favorite BW episodes.

Lol glad to hear Stephan won. We just had daylight savings haha and i forgot so missed the ep. Cant wait to see it. But yea this Tourney has been so much better than the last one

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    This is especially true of Satoshi's battle, where he didn't manage to land a single hit against Nageki... while I knew he was going into the battle to lose, I had hoped that Zuruggu would manage to perfect Focus Blast. But no, it seems that will have to wait for another day.
    He was using Scraggy...his weakest Pokemon. It makes sense that he get thrashed. I don't see the problem here.

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen the episode yet, but it sounded like it did all of the characters and Pokémon justice (incl. Zurrug; I agree that him not going down relatively easy would be unrealistic). Was sorta hoping Masaomi would win but if it establishes Kenyan as more of a threat/rival then it's a good result regardless.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was a decent episode. The results of the tournament were not surpising, especially considering that Stephan's win had been built up from the Bell Tower episode.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    While I am happy about Kenyan winning and I did enjoy the Nageki vs Dageki battle, I couldn't help but feel the writers had gone into this episode thinking "Oh yeah, that's right. Satoshi and Bel are totally weak! and proceeded to have them both totally thrashed in the semi-finals.
    The quarterfinal battles in the last episode were much worse.

At least Ash and Bianca's battles lasted more than 30 seconds each before their opponents completely overwhelmed their pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Except for the matter of a certain sommelière losing a match she should have won, I think we can say Don Battle done right.
    Then she would have lost to Masaomi in a ridiculously rushed quarterfinal match.

[QUOTE=Yoshi-san;3900231]
    Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    and now the narrator gets it wrong....Kenyan can't catch a break!
    I hope they keep that in the dub.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast