REVIEW: BW 072 "The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: BW 072 "The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 072 "The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Takaomi Kanezaki
    Animation director - Tatsuya Annoura

In the final match of the first round of the Donamite, Bel's Emboar faces off against Shooty's Roubushin. In this exciting battle between the final evolutionary stage pokemon, Bel orders her Emboar to do something unexpected! Later, Kenyan's Dageki goes up against Dent's Yanapp. Can Yanapp's Bite attack turn the tables on Kenyan after being hit by Dageki's Karate Chop? Throughout all this, Masaomi and Nageki continue to advance through the tournament...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 072 "The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

Burgundy, and Georgia were fantastic this episode.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 072 "The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!" Review Thread

- Shooty leaves again? Good riddance. Just means more screentime for the rivals that most of us actually care about. And quite frankly, I'm all for him being fodder with strong pokemon that other characters can beat in order to prove themselves.

- Kenyan interrupting Dent before he could go on another Tasting Time tangent was great. I do feel a bit sorry for Yannapu in any case. He didn't really get much of a chance to defend himself and was utterly slaughtered as a result.
    And hey! Someone gets hit by their own pokemon flying in to them.

- I want to see more of the non-gym leader monkey siblings in the future. They didn't really get much here, but the three of them together look like they could make for fun recurring characters.

- What is up with Langley's Kirikizan being in the episode titles for the past two weeks if it's only going to be in battles under a minute in length? Even though Bel got her second win here, this was seriously underwhelming and didn't do either her or Langley any justice imo. Very disappointing.

- Langley and Cabernet sulking in the corner together was funny though.

I think these Don tournaments would definitely benefit from an extra episode. If the awkward pacing with blink-and-you'll-miss-it battles are any indication, then 4 episodes just isn't enough.
    Shinneth and Isaac Gravity like this.

what a way to take out Excadrill? wOw! Just loved it! Masomi is the Rival to beat! Even wen I thik that Stephan will take this tournamenT!
    Scraggy's Focus blast just floating in the air was sweet! :D
    a strong episode! Loved the whole episode!

Too many battles crammed into one episode. Short battles just aren't entertaining as there's no time to build up any intensity in them. This Don tour definitely needed to consist of five episodes.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Dent: It's Tastin-

Kenyan: LOLNO KARATE CHOP

best part of the episode

and LOL Iris was The Worf Effect. It was quite sad though when she commanded Drill Run to a close combat Pokemon...her fate was sealed.
    Bubble Frog, Don, Adyniz and 4 others like this.

Blog Entries

I too was disappointed with how short some of the battles were. The interactions were funny but I think they need to find more of a balance between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    I think these Don tournaments would definitely benefit from an extra episode. If the awkward pacing with blink-and-you'll-miss-it battles are any indication, then 4 episodes just isn't enough.
    Personally I think they just need to kill off one of the rounds so it's only 8 participants or something. That way there will still be 4 episodes in which to show battles and Shooty won't be able to be one of the participants as better, more enjoyable characters can have the slots.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

They technically spent 3 episodes to get R1 over. The character interactions are better than the actual battles, so they need to get rid of some CoTD's.

Edit: beaten

Blog Entries

Once again, all three girl rivals just made the episode. All three were funny, especially when Cab and Lang were doing synchronized sulking and Bel and Enbuoh were great in their battle against Shooti. I liked the interactions.

Though, Shooti leaving, meh I don't really care at this point. I hope we see a break the haughty episode somewhere down the line. Rushed and unimpressive battles were rushed an unimpressive. Zuruggu was cute, interrupting tasting time funny, but wow... the other two battles were lackluster.
    Shinneth and Isaac Gravity like this.

Blog Entries

I was really disappointed at how short the Bianca/Georgia battle was. It was the one I was looking forward to the most. But w/e, at this point if there's another Don Battle...we know what to expect. Good character interactions, and meh battles.
    Shinneth likes this.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

It's great to see Bel battling not only competently, but with confidence. LOL BYE SHOOTI

Kenyan interrupting Dento was just...ahahaha A+++

I'm not a huge fan of the Don Battles overall, but this time around it doesn't seem too bad. I agree with what's been said about the crammed-in battles. Waaaay too rushed :/ It doesn't help when Keyhole skips and you literally miss an entire battle

Langley and Cabernet's interactions are flawless, though. Can the whole episode just be them broing around? I am okay with this!
    Shinneth likes this.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Emboar using Conkeldurr's pillars to beat him? Genius. Pure genius. I had to say 'ouch' when Pansage was thrown (not thrown, but some attack that I can't remember) at Cilan when defeated. But yeah, I very much enjoyed this episode :)

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Haha at Kenyan interrupting Dent's Tasting Time, Kenyan's just full on with attacking. Also I'm a weird person who enjoys it when favourite characters experience pain; I took pleasure in seeing Yanapp knocked into Dent while at the same time feeling sorry for the two of them. I have a rather sadistic mind, but only my mind.

Also, to me, seeing Dent's tasting get interrupted is even more hilarious when you like/are a fan of Dent. By the way (random question) have we ever seen a main character get their Pokémon knocked into them in a battle resulting in a K.O for the Pokémon? I know we've seen this with the old Team Rocket and jerk characters, but I can't remember it happening with the former.
    Last edited by Don; 29th March 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You know, to me, seeing Dent's tasting get interrupted is even more hilarious when you like/are a fan of Dent. By the way (random question) have we ever seen a main character get their Pokémon knocked into them in a battle resulting in a K.O for the Pokémon? I know we've seen this with the old Team Rocket and jerk characters, but I can't remember it happening with the former.
    The closest thing I can think of is Ash vs Misty, and Kingler getting knocked into Ash KO'd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Personally I think they just need to kill off one of the rounds so it's only 8 participants or something. That way there will still be 4 episodes in which to show battles and Shooty won't be able to be one of the participants as better, more enjoyable characters can have the slots.
    Unfortunately, Ash, Iris, Cilan, Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, and Burgundy comprise of 8 characters already. Unless you kill off half of them, I don't think any tournament comprising of just these eight will be able to carry itself, seeing as how that kind of tournament would be messed up, since you'd have to somehow believe that these 7/8 people managed to register before anyone else did for a tournament revolving around only 8 characters.

On top of it being only 8 character tournament, means one less battle round. So unless the format of at least one of the battles if not all, is a three on three, I don't know how anything could develop. Scraggy for example, would only have 1 win instead of 2 wins.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)