REVIEW: BW 071 "Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: BW 071 "Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 071 "Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    There is something so vulgar about the way the pokemon look when they use Bulk Up. My biggest fear now is that Ash will decide to teach the move to Scraggy.
    But, think of how much Kibago would love that! He'd be first in line to touch him, shoving Bel out the way.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I heard Cabernet tell Iris to replace Doryuuzu via the crappy audio, so I'm assuming the rest of the Tasting was shit. :p Can someone confirm?

I fell asleep after then.
    Saw the episode live, and I can confirm, Cabernet indeed suggested Iris replace her Doryuuzu for something better.

That said, her 'Tasting Time' was much less annoying than usual, and nowhere near as wordy/fluffy as Dento's are.

Blog Entries

Okay, NOW I'm convince that the writers are trying to make up for the hated Don Tournament. It's practically intentional.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Bel...seriously....stay away from the Pokemon just stay away they do not want you touching them inappropriately so much better than the Zorou gag

The battle between Iris and Cabernet was much more entertaining than I thought it'd be, considering the title of the episode. That battle was over so quickly...but Langley is a ~Dragon Buster~ soooo cool dragon battle bro

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Unicorn View Post
    so much better than the Zorou gag
    more potential for exploitation given the bel's primary aim is to exploit

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Okay, NOW I'm convince that the writers are trying to make up for the hated Don Tournament. It's practically intentional.
    "Hated" is such a subjective term. Some viewers disliked the pacing and battle results of the previous tournament, whereas others were satisifed that these decisions took place. These preferences can also vary greatly among viewers who are watching this tournament as well.

There are some users here who are displeased that their favorite, or near-favorite characters, have only progressed as far in this tournament as they did in the previous one. There are also some users who are disappointed that generic COTDs have made it to the second round of the tournament while major rivals are shafted after the end of the first round. Whether one likes or dislikes this tournament is simply a matter of preference. Fans of Ash, Bianca, and Stephan might be excited to watch the rest of this tournament while Burgundy and Trip fans will be disappointed that the writers set aside their favorite characters to focus on the other participants in the tournament.
    Bubble Frog and Reila like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    "Hated" is such a subjective term. Some viewers disliked the pacing and battle results of the previous tournament, whereas others were satisifed that these decisions took place. These preferences can also vary greatly among viewers who are watching this tournament as well.

There are some users here who are displeased that their favorite, or near-favorite characters, have only progressed as far in this tournament as they did in the previous one. There are also some users who are disappointed that generic COTDs have made it to the second round of the tournament while major rivals are shafted after the end of the first round. Whether one likes or dislikes this tournament is simply a matter of preference. Fans of Ash, Bianca, and Stephan might be excited to watch the rest of this tournament while Burgundy and Trip fans will be disappointed that the writers set aside their favorite characters to focus on the other participants in the tournament.
    I meant in terms how this arc is generally more well-received that the last Don arc. Plus, many disliked the Don Tournaments' battles like how Emolga obeyed Iris for no reason and need I mention the Finals? Oh god, what s**tstorm that was, eh?

Yeah, the Don Tournament wasn't all bad but overall, the Donamite arc seems to be a big improvement over the former.

Blog Entries

"Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!"

Uhmm no more like..

"Steadily Progressing Donamite! Futachimaru VS Doryuzu

Seriously why was the episode called Druddigon vs Bisharp if the battle wasn't even 30 seconds?
    Malva and Duque like this.

追放されたバカ

My Two Cents:

Good Pennies:
    Arm Thrust! Revenge! Scraggy's Training!
    Woah. Masaomi and Throh are strong...
    BURGUNDY=WEAK! 'Tis is proof that Connoisseurs and Connaisseuses are crap substitutes for Pokémon Choreographers(Musical participants).
    BULKAMANIA'S RUNNING WILD!
    Dragon Freakin' Tail!
    There's somethin' scaly...in the neighborhood...who ya gonna call...Dragon Busters!
    Trip's Conkeldurr, even though it'll lose, is awesome. *Calls Conkeldurr=Electivire*

Bad Pennies:
    Why The F**k is the title Druddigon vs. Bisharp? Just because it was the only battle with a main rival to be contained wholly in this episode?
    Bianca...yawn...she's as bad as in the last tourney...go Stay in Nuvema Town as Juniper's bodyguard and rot...
    Stephan needs to be a star more!

Overall:8.21/10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    "Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!"

Uhmm no more like..

"Steadily Progressing Donamite! Futachimaru VS Doryuzu

Seriously why was the episode called Druddigon vs Bisharp if the battle wasn't even 30 seconds?
    'Cause Crimgan and Kirikizan are "more exciting" Pokémon.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Done watching the first half of the episode. So, as of this episode, Cabernet is the only character who has battled all three of BW main characters?

Even though she lost but it was a very good battle overall, I must say. At one point when Futachi used "revenge", I thought it's over but once again, Iris and her damn luck :P

Edit: Ash's training with Zuruggu reminded me of his Snorunt somehow. Back then, Snorunt couldn't control its Ice Beam like Zuruggu's Focus Blast. Another great thing about this tournament is that the trainers are actually talking to each other as friends and not just standing there, especially that restaurant scene.
    Last edited by Adyniz; 23rd March 2012 at 04:22 AM.
    Yoshi-san, martianmister and Duque like this.

Yeah, I have no idea how Druddigon and Bisharp's battle got top billing. Clearly, it was all about Excadrill vs Dewott. And Burgundy seriously suggested Iris should swap it? She's such a sore loser. XD
    Plus, Scraggy being trained to use Focus Blast is pretty legit, though it might make more sense if he took some pointers from Excadrill.

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Let me mention again how much I loved the rivalry between Langley and Iris is in this episode. Instead of that annoying Zorua gag we got from the last tourney, we can see how much Langley wants Iris to improve so she can defeat her. Also how Iris acts like she doesn't care but she really does. Also how it seem like Langley is pulling the "I'm the only one allowed to beat you" trope for Iris.
    martianmister likes this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post

Probably because the audience has already seen the otter and the mole; Kirikizan hadn't appeared in the anime yet, so they wanted to advertise it.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Dayum Bianca you creepy.
    I'm liking Scraggy, Sawk, and Throh more with every episode, funny because I really used to not like them much.

Really enjoyed the Excadrill v Dewott battle. Anyway I agree on the subject of the title, was a bit disappointing to have the Druddigan/Bisharp battle be so short. The same with all the other "NPCs" (FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD), honestly I think some of them had really interesting character designs and Pokemon that deserved the spotlight.
    Georgia v Grace was barely a moment despite the hype of the title, and even if they were hardly important battles, I would have liked to see more of Chakki v Bakki and Domon v Masaomi. Poor Mienshao...my favorite, devastated in seconds!

Then again, I think I'm one of the few people who actually only watches the anime more for the Pokemon themselves, not the trainer characters...
    Grave-E likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)