REVIEW: BW 068 "Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: BW 068 "Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 068 "Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!" Review Thread

Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Junki Takegami
    Storyboard - Yūji Asada
    Assistant director - Yūji Asada
    Animation director - Masaaki Iwane

Satoshi's battle with the Gym Leader Fuuro begins! Fuuro battles with Kenhorou, Kokoromori, and Swanna while Satoshi fights with Hatoboh, Pikachu, and Waruvil. In the middle of the battle, Satoshi's Hatoboh begins to glow...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: BW 068 "Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!" Review Thread

I was DYING for this day... No complains what so ever ignoring all the unnecessary Pikachu focus

Kenhallow was SOOOO BADASS :D Aerial Ace... Obviously

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 068 "Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!" Review Thread

Krokorok lost and Unfezant got two wins not bad!

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I guess Kenharou learned Sky Attack after evolving :P Wow, nice job writers.

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I guess Kenharou learned Sky Attack after evolving :P Wow, nice job writers.
    No, Aerial Ace i.e Tsubame Gaeshi.

Blog Entries

What was the wing attack Tranquil used?

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I actually said "Is that it?" out loud when Krokorok went down. Christ, I've become such a nerd.

The aerial portions of the battle were really well animated. Lots of different camera angles that rarely, if ever, get used and lots of energy behind the movement. If this didn't have Iwane behind it, I'm not sure if I'd have really liked this one, but as it stands, I'll definately be rewatching this a fair amount. Christ, I've become such a nerd!
    Blue_Drifblim likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

There is something wrong about this pigeon... xD
    Don and 투 애니원 like this.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

What happened to Pikachu? Is he recalled or beated?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    What happened to Pikachu? Is he recalled or beated?
    Beated, technically. No swirly eyes but he was exhausted so referee declared him as "unable to battle".

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Did anybody catch what the attack was when Tranquil's wings were glowing white against Swoobat??

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Did anybody catch what the attack was when Tranquil's wings were glowing white against Swoobat??
    Probably just Gust.

Oh, and Aerial Ace again? After Ohsubame and Mukuhawk knew it, I really thought Kenhallow would get a different move to change things up. I would have loved to have seen it get Sky Attack since Satoshi has never had a Pokemon know that move (well, apart from Yorunozuku in the Suzuran Conference) and it works on the same prinicipal... but nope, the writers are proving just how unimaginative they are.

I'm kinda ticked off that Kenhallow just picked it up out of the blue as well. Remember how hard Satoshi trained Ohsubame and Mukkuru to use it? None of that here... but to be fair, Best Wishes has barely shown Satoshi training his Pokemon at all. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's relying to blind luck to get him through these days (and to be honest, the way he is now I wouldn't expect him to get through the Isshu League preliminaries).

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a shame that SG Krokorok had to be the fall guy. Naturally SG Krokorok had a type advantage over Swoobat, but at least it wasn't Pikachu who got the revenge win. If it were not for Tranquill evolving, I'd have to say that Pikachu got the majority of the screentime and focus in this episode. Pikachu's battles against the male Tranquill and Swanna took at least three or four minutes each to resolve. Tranquill's evolution during its battle against Swanna was expected, but I am disappointed that Unfezant learned Aerial Ace, a flying-type attack that has been replicated by three of Ash's other pokemon over the course of his entire journey.

Well, at least Gust and Air Cutter provide Unfezant with some unique niche as one of Ash's flying-type pokemon.

Overall, the battle was average. It wasn't too great but it didn't end up a pacing disaster like last week's gym battle.

Follow jman21 On Twitter

I'm surprised that Krokorok went down to swoobat. Really? come on, the croc should of done a lot better than that.

Blog Entries

I didn't expect Krokorok to go down easily, too, especially since it was being used in an unconventional manner. Exhaustion? Really? The Pika that....oh, that's right, continuity's been borked. Unfezant looked almost like Articuno while evolving. This was better than the past few gyms, but still a little predictable.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)