REVIEW: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Thread

Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Takaomi Kanezaki
    Animation director - Atsushi Ogata

In a nearby city, a boy named Nick asks Satoshi to borrow his Pikachu to use in a double battle against his friend Glen. Glen fights with Pendror and Gamageroge while Nick uses Pikachu and...the Sunglasses Waruvile!?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

The only thing I gathered from this episode was something we already knew

MY GLASSES, I CAN'T BE SEEN WITHOUT MY GLASSES

And his "I waited for you Satoshi" montage.

But seriously, episode was meh. Capture was meh. Battle was meh. Waruvile did look pretty adorable when he was looking for his glasses, though :3 The COTD weren't very enticing or entertaining to me, except when that one kid almost punched the other kid, looool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_ldqsflgdkg1qagjn7o1_500.gif  

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

I actually laughed when the little kid looked at Pikachu and was all like "You made a 100,000 Bolt attack come from the sky? That must mean you're the pre-evolved form of Zekrom!"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

"WABI WABI WAA!"

... That's the only memorable thing in this episode. The croc sounds so funny!

y team

I really wish Gamageroge's debut had been held off until a later episode where it would have had a chance to shine. For such a cool Pokemon, it was wasted in this episode.

BTW, can anyone tell me what that glowing ball attack that Gamageroge used was?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Awww, Nick was so cute. I laughed when he thought Pikachu evolved into Zekrom. <3 As for Seismitoad's debut, it wasn't so bad. Lilligant's was the worst, and I wouldn't call Palpitoad's stunning either.
    djulienr likes this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn, that thing actually followed Pikachu everywhere. Krokorok was present watching Pikachu's battle against Excadrill in the Club Battle, watching Ash and co. go inside Clay's Pokemon Gym, and causing the mess that led to the Klinklang getting stuck inside the rock in the Chargestone Cave. It would have been better if we actually saw the pokemon in those episodes, but I guess the writers had no idea if they really wanted to keep Krokorok around at those points.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 2nd February 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Blog Entries

I like Waruvile, so I don't mind it's capture really. It's too bad it couldn't have been captured earlier, because it has a fun personality (which will ultimately not be seen much now due to the overcrowded nature of Ash's team).

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

This episode was pretty boring. Frankly, I couldn't give two shits about these kids and their problems, so it's kind of a shame it had to be the framing device for the capture of a pretty good 'mon. Waruvile definitely deserved better imo, but at the very least, he's a fun enough character to make this worth watching.

It's cute how he was actually following the gang around and watching their exploits all this time, though I honestly wish this was something that had been explored a little more. He didn't have to appear, but they could have at least left a few hints here and there for the folks at home to piece together.

As a side note, it was nice of Ash to let the 'croc retrieve his glasses when they fell off mid-battle. I wonder if his future opponents will show the same courtesy? :P

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Was I the only one kind of reminded of The Lion King 1 1/2 when they showed Krokorok following Ash and causing some of the problems that went on in those episodes?

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

A couple of quick oddities I also noticed during the episode:

- When defeated, Pendror and Gamageroge's eyes weren't spiral. That was unusual.
    - The Poke Ball that Satoshi caught Waruvile in didn't shrink after the capture. Guess Satoshi only had five Pokemon on him for some reason...

EDIT: Just checked the screencaps. While the Poke Ball didn't shrink, it did remain red in the center. Satoshi will be making a phone call to Araragi then.

Blog Entries

This ep does seem rather disappointing. While it is a capture ep, it's mostly a "help the COTD" ep in disguise. And the worst kind, involving little kids. We've been through the "how to play pokemon" schtick already, geez. Not to mention that this is the most competent Ash has been in a while, but that's only compared to LITTLE KIDS. I won't get too angry, though, but this is rather bland at best.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

IDK how I feel about the chubby kid's seiyuu being Tomohiro Waki(Kenyan's Seiyuu)

Anyway I liked the episode for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    I really wish Gamageroge's debut had been held off until a later episode where it would have had a chance to shine. For such a cool Pokemon, it was wasted in this episode.

BTW, can anyone tell me what that glowing ball attack that Gamageroge used was?
    I believe it's Drain Punch.

Y Rotation Team

ehh im new here:P

where did you guys watch this episode..?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)