REVIEW: BW 064 "The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BW 064 "The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 064 "The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!" Review Thread

The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
    Animation director - Tatsuya Annoura

Upon meeting Professor Araragi's dad, Satoshi, Dent, and Iris accompany him to a ruins where where The Legendary Pokemon, Zekrom, is said to have communicated with heroes.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 064 "The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!" Review Thread

I thought this was a fantastic episode. It's one of those great "adventure episodes" we don't really get much of these days, and this episode made me miss them like crazy. Araragi-Hakase was a great character who I hope we get to see again in the future, and I loved how both Dent and Iris got to participate in this episode.

Now that I know that the made up language in this show is actually translatable, I'm anxious to take a closer look at Araragi-Hakase's notebook to see what he wrote. Maybe we can then figure out a "BW Tajirian -> ancient language" key? [/linguistics nerd]

Dead Satoshi and Pikachu were also a highlight for me.

Finally, what's with them ending all the episodes on a cliffhanger? I'm not complaining or anything, but it's unusual because they've been doing it for several weeks now.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 064 "The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!" Review Thread

PAPARAGI

Idk, this episode seemed HELLA rushed to me. So much happened in such a short period of time. Not that it deserved more than one episode by any means, just the pacing seemed ridiculously rushed. It looked a lot lulzier in the preview, too, it kind of reminded me of those comedy films where they show all the funniest parts in the preview.

Especially the beginning, I'm assuming Araragi hasn't seen her Papa in a while and they were just like "lol okay bye then" I just expected more? She seemed so legit annoyed/embarrassed by him in general anyway XD But overall, this was a fun episode to watch. Glad Iris and Dento got to do something, too. Very entertaining to watch.

Paparagi was such a free spirit though omg he is trolldad and I loved it. I really hope he appears again. THEIR ~ADVENTURES~ WITH PAPARAGI THOUGH

The cliff hanger at the end..eh, whatever.

No Plasma!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

I have not watched it yet, but I saw on Bulbapedia that almost all of the groups pokemon were shown in flashbacks including many other, what is with that? Also yay for Stunfisk, I hope he had a good appearence

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I think it was sort of one of those "life flashing before your eyes" things. Though I've also heard "their memories will save them". One of those. And Stunfisk saved them from a trap. The trap Pokemon saving them from a trap.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

I liked dead Ash, too. It looks totally like something a deranged fan would do, and I'm totally going to link to people out of context. Also, some nightmare fuel for the fact that being inside Cofagrigus turns you into a mummy. I was like "They didn't just do that." to them falling and the clip show. It's been a long time since the anime has done that, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Satoshi and his friends are told that in the legend, the hero was saved by becoming one with his pokemon. When they fall at the end of the episode, they think back to all the pokemon they've met and how they've bonded with them. That's where the flashback clips come in.

The "remember that you like pokemon" thing works, and Satoshi and his friends are saved at the last second.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

This is further proof that all of Unova Pokemon are CUNTS.

But I really loved this episode. Wacky fun! Iris and Paparagi made me laugh especially!

Can someone please link me to this episode? I REALLY want to see it. x__x *dies*

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Just a reminder, asking for links to watch Pokemon illegally is disallowed on the forums.

Blog Entries

It was an ok episode for me, not bad at all though.

The Good

+ It's Adventure Time! I liked the feeling of adventure and discovery that the main cast had in this episode. It was fun to see them all so into it and wanting to explore the ruins, and have to figure out ways to make it out alive. They did a good job showing off the two pokémon and making them fit into the mood they wanted to create.

+ Dent and Paparagi. They were the funniest characters in this episode, and Dent looking embarassed always makes me smile because of how he's adorkable while he's embarrassed at someone.

+ Dead Ash. Cause of the lols

The Bad

- Pacing. The entire episode felt rushed and the "Paparagi springs a trap/call out a pokémon/take care of the trap" formula got a tad repetitive.

- Deceptive Preview. I thought the preview kinda showed too much, i.e. pretty much all the funny moments, and so the effect of a lot of those gags felt subdued because we'd seen them before. The preview also made this episode seem funnier than it was.

None the less, a good episode.

追放されたバカ

Yay for Mirror Move FINALLY being used in the anime!

Iris sure makes a good bondage bottommummy!

Dead Ash was meh...

Indiana Jones references FTW!

Stunfisk is the Trap Pokémon Master of traps!

Krokorok cliffhanger...Getto da ze!

James's Yamask needs to evolve to be as badass as these Cofagrigus!!!

Cilan was meh...Cilan(DIE!)

Cedric Juniper...Was he even a professor in this canon? I think he needs an episode to explain more about him.

Professor Juniper has Daddy issues...must see more effects of this...

Overall-9.01010101223458995/10 for a reason to like Professor Juniper, Mirror Move, Iris Bondage, Indiana Jones references, Stunfisk focus and Sunglasses Krokorok cliffhanger, but meh Cilan, meh Paparagi, and meh Ash.

Blog Entries

So let me be the first to say the Ash to Ash, Dust to Dust line, because I thought it'd be amusing considering what a literal bonehead he is.

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by jinglejoe View Post
    No Plasma!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    I'm sure we'll eventually get Team Plasma.... maybe later, just like Team Galactic.... I hope......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)