REVIEW: BW 062 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BW 062 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread

Default BW 062 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread

Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
    Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
    Assistant director - Hiromasa Amano
    Animation director - Izumi Shimura

Continuing on the their journey, Pikachu suddenly gets sick and faints! Satoshi investigates and discovers that a Bachuru has drained its energy! When Dent and Iris wonder what's going on, they see that Maggyo and Emonga have been drained by two more Bachuru as well! Just what is going on?!

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 061 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread

Bel's competent now? Well, that's exciting. The way she knocked out those Dentula with those Berries was great, as was her plan to use her Live Caster to lure the electric pokemon to her.

"It's evolution time!" made me smile.

Also, holy shit, the Rocket-Dan remembered they have pokemon.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 21st, 2015

The Hunt for Excalibur! Crysta Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Minccino can use Thunderbolt now. Hence him being taken away too.

Ash ends up in not one, but two bodies of water today!

Bianca, I don't know where you got your mad planning skills today but can you stay like this? Please?

Pokémon Dare Da?: Dwebble.

It's Evolution Time! God, Cilan's enthusiasm never gets old.

Prof. Oak's Live Caster: Beheeyem.

Dangan Ronpa and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    My Dangan Ronpa 1, 2 and some Another Episode sprites are also available in avatar size!
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!

Was it really necessary for Ash to be knocked into two bodies of water?

Anyway, I love how Bianca battled today and I'm annoyed Crustle learned Rock Wrecker here, but I love how scared Woobat and Team Rocket were after it evolved. Good episode.

This is a rundown of what happened.

Last edited by Playerking; 12th January 2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Team Rocket lose and Jessie and James fly off in a box plane?
    They flew off in jetpacks. That box plane thing flew off with them containing whatever it is they were gathering, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    They flew off in jetpacks. That box plane thing flew off with them containing whatever it is they were gathering, I assume.
    Uh, makes more sense. I thought they escape in something weird like in the episode Ash caught Tepig.

I wonder why the need those rocks. I hope it's for yet another big mission down the road.

So, Minccino has Thunderbolt now eh? Cool. I thought it might have an electric move if the Galvantula took it. So that's nice.

Also @Musashi, it's BW062 not BW061.

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

This all sort of reminded me of Dodongo's Cavern in Ocarina of Time. It seems to me TR was taking electrically charged rocks from Chargestone for whatever reason, and the Joltik and Galvantula ate/consumed the electricity stored in the rocks, much like how Gorons eat rocks. Then Ash has to save them from King Dodongo--I mean Team Rocket. Cute episode, and of course Crustle. I look forward to seeing it being used as a counter. Now I can only wonder if Pansage will ever evolve....

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 062 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread

The Rocket trio was stealing the electric rocks so they can use it to make "a new kind of energy."

Like...electricity? *shrugs*
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 21st, 2015

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Maybe they're trying to send the message that electricity is evil and we should all just go green.

So, when we see them next, they'll be Team Solar?

Anyway, they keep talking about energy, like in BW005, BW036/39 and now they talk about a new kind of energy? Whatever they're planning here must lead up to something big. Maybe all their missions, capturing Pokemon, capturing the Kami Trio were plans for an even bigger plan.

Ah, I'm getting offtopic.

I found it to be cute when Pikachu and Minccino were playing with the Joltik. That's like Oshawott cute.

Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.

Laziness is a virtue Iteru's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.
    Hardly surprisingly given that quite a few of Mijumaru's appearances are not needed (Koaruhie episode, Arti's gym, etc).

Anyway, glad to see that Bel seemed to be a bit more competent and that we saw Koromori again.

Awww....now that's just cruel Jessie. Attacking a little baby Joltik....

...I mean I smashed dozens of them in the game, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT IN THE ANIME WHERE THEY'RE ADORABLE!

Blog Entries

So Bianca is actually not that much of a dunce anymore, but she's still happy go lucky. This is interesting. So you can suck a pokemon's energy from inside a pokeball, also interesting to know. So we have Crustle finally, with more to come. We're back to the energy business again. Like everyone else, I hope this means they've got the TR plot on track again.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

I know Bachuru are cute and fuzzy, but I didn't realize that they were so chubby as well-

Just look at how fat the one sitting on Chillarmy's tail is. No matter what they do, Bachuru will always look cute to me and now they've gotten even cuter in my eyes.

It's evolution time! Dent had the best reaction ever to his Ishizumai evolving, he was just so goddamn happy. I also loved it as it was something new from the usual "trainer stares in awe as their Pokémon starts changing it's appearance".
    Last edited by Don; 12th January 2012 at 10:52 PM.

At first, Crustle intimidated me with its appearance in the games, but its anime self is full of win. And Joltik? Freaking adorable after seeing them here. I always liked Galvantula too.

When Ash fell into the pond after sliding down, he looked like he was ready to murder someone. XD Cilan also had the most novel reaction to a Pokemon's evolution.

Y Rotation Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast