REVIEW: BW 047 + BW 048 "Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)" Review Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: BW 047 + BW 048 "Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 047 + BW 048 "Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)" Review Thread

Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura and Atsuhiro Tomioka
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga and Yūji Asada
    Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga and Yūji Asada
    Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume and Masaaki Iwane

Finally arriving in Raimon city, the group decides to head to a Pokemon Center. On the way they run into the underground subway and Dent reveals he is a Metro Sommelier!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 047 + BW 048 "Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)" Review Thread

That...was freaking awesome!

Nice new move, Tepig.

But one problem: Where was Emolga, Stunfisk, and Scraggy?
    Last edited by Eitarou; 15th September 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 047 + BW 048 "Flat-out Run!! Battle Subway!! (Part 1 and 2)" Review Thread

Might have just been a glorified 'Team Rocket Steals Pikachu' episode, but it was still pretty damn awesome. All the chasing around after the Rocket Man Train was surprisingly intense.

-You gotta love how the little girl points at Dent and the camera makes a point of only focusing on his arse.
    Anyhow, that was a great scene. I mean, as awesome as he is for it, Dent is...kind of a weirdo and a bit too enthusiastic sometimes. I could imagine being a little embarrassed by his antics if he were my friend, so Iris reaction got a good laugh out of me.

-That scene with all the 'mons in the hellicopter, letting each other out of their pokeballs and working together to escape, was awesome. Wish we could see more scenes like that in the show!

-Also; Sheesh, I couldn't have disliked Meowth more here. Seriously, he could have shown at least a smidge of remorse. They had ample opportunity for a scene like that. Ahh well. gotta admire his acting skills I suppose.

-"Sha-sha-sha-shaaan" Beethoven's 5th symphony. First movement.

-It's great that Pokabu got Flamethrower and all but...it's probably going to replace Ember. So that's still three moves. Facefault.
    martianmister likes this.

Is it wrong that I found the most awesome part of the episode to be the preview for that Kamen Rider parody episode at the end?

Very good episode, though. That helicopter chase at the end felt much like the ending of the first Mission Impossible movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    -Also; Sheesh, I couldn't have disliked Meowth more here. Seriously, he could have shown at least a smidge of remorse. They had ample opportunity for a scene like that. Ahh well. gotta admire his acting skills I suppose.
    He did, to a minor extent, during that scene where Satoshi said he had enjoyed travelling with him.
    martianmister likes this.
    So.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

FIRST OFF, I must have been asleep the whole week NOT to notice that Emmet has the SAME VOICE ACTOR as Paul. They sound exactly the same. So the entire time, I was seeing this:

*sniffle* Okay, moment over...

For once, I'm really glad I woke up early to see these, they were excellent! I loved how Dento could serious the fuck up when he needed to...aside from that Twilight sparkle moment right before he got to control one of the trolleys, he seemed really competent, as expected of our metro sommelier ;)

As ingenious as Team Rocket's plans were...I had a hard time believing it. There's no way that Meowth could have been pretending all that time, he seemed to be genuinely a part of the group. He could at least say goodbye to Dento or something...those two seemed especially close :/ Ah well, once a Rocket, always a Rocket.

I'm sorry, but I would have thought Pikachu would gather the troops waaaay earlier since they were, you know, right there and he could actually reach them....seriously, no bubble capsules this time? Spent too much on the helicopter? :/

ELECTROSS was awesome~ As with Chandelure. Can't wait to see more of them later ^^

What relation did Dento have with the Bosses again? I completely missed that XD

Excellent arc, probably the most exciting in BW yet.
    Last edited by CommanderPigg; 15th September 2011 at 06:22 AM.

"seasons change, people change"

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Wow, that was fucking boring. There were some good parts, yeah, but man...if this is what a Best Wishes! two-parter looks like, then y'know what? That Rocket-Dan vs. Plasma-Dan special can just stay postponed indefinitely.
    Jez likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    What relation did Dento have with the Bosses again? I completely missed that XD
    He had met them at a, wait for it... subway convention.
    ...oh Dent.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

So Meowth went back to Jessie and James.

HOLY SHIT, NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING. THIS IS THE PLOT TWIST OF THE CENTURY, GOD DAMN. :P

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

So for about a month the audience has been teased with whether or not Nyasu is faking, and they give away that he is before the freaking opening starts?! Come on TV Tokyo, think.

I think this is one of those episodes people will enjoy more after they understand what's being said. There were like three moments where Nyasu showed remorse for what he did. And I absolutely loved what Satoshi said to him. <3

Something else I loved was not only seeing Oak again, but getting a Kenji mention! Hooray!

As for the actual plot, I greatly enjoyed it too. A basic plot, but executed in a very entertaining way. It was also nice how Kojiro just blew up the train they were on so they could escape in a cloud of smoke again.

I'm definitely going to miss Nyasu hanging out with the twerps, but hopefully it'll be touched on again down the road. Overall I really loved this arc. Hope it's not another 14 years until Nyasu gets some real focus. XD

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

When did Pokabu learn to use Kaen Hosha?

Blog Entries

Arg, I can't believe I forgot the funniest part of the episode! DENT! He was freaking hilarious fangiring over the trains and the brothers, and Nyasu dragging him away was priceless. <3 But it was also cool to see him take charge for the whole two parter.

Blog Entries

Yeah... ok... I loved these episodes. XD

Good points

+ Dento. Just... Dento... He was hilarious from the first moment he opened his mouth and when shit started going down, he kept going from hilarious to badass with his trolley and subway map. He was just over the top and I loved that his metro knowledge actually served a purpose and wasn't just throw in just cause. He really just made these episodes for me along with...

+ Nyasu Ok, he was hilarious, then he turned psycho phone caller, then complete jerk in the reveal of his true alliegeance. All the while, he stayed funny and engaging. Tons of hilarious images and funny interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Seriously, he could have shown at least a smidge of remorse.
    I kinda thought they did, after the wagon faceoff with a pissed off Pika, when Nyasu closes the door to protect himself... I don't know, I felt like there was a bit of remorse there? And at the end when Satoshi was talking to him... I don't know.

+ Subway Twins. I know they didn't keep the opposite personalities thing as much as people would have liked, but I thought they were interesting all the same, loved that they knew Dento by name XD

+ Pikachu OMG WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS?? For the first time in a long time, I was actually caring about Pikachu. He had anger, emotion, angst... urgh... he felt alive for once, beaming with personality and actual cool iteraction with Nyasu. Loved the scene with the drawings where he tries to find a solution.

+ Satoshi Also with the personality. I loved that he seemed to show some persona in his dialogue with Nyasu in the end.

+ Action Scenes. Was I the only one reminded of the first Mission: Impossible movie? They were good.

+ Oak mentions Kenji!

Lukewarm points

- Iris. Her I'm annoyed thing worked... ish, but overall, she was close but no cigar in this episode because once again, the writers had her reacting as opposed to interacting. To earn that reaction, have Dent bring her into his crazy train obsession, and have Dent pick up and react to her being stank about it. The back and forth was missing, but there were moments that were good in this episode

- Pokabu. Learn a new move? Yay! Now get to learning how to emote!

- Tsutarja, Yanappu and Ishizumai. Moments of personality but not enough.

Bad points

- Dangoro, Doryuuzu were really bland.

- Musashi and Kojiro were quite underused and unmemorable.

Overall, I loved the eps.

So Meowth was faking. I'm not surprised. What did he and Ash say to each other, though? I'm really interested to know.
    Trainer Gabriel likes this.

Y Rotation Team

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    So Meowth went back to Jessie and James.

HOLY SHIT, NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING. THIS IS THE PLOT TWIST OF THE CENTURY, GOD DAMN. :P
    Iiiii tooooold yaaaaaa! Now I can laugh at all the whiners and idiots over the internet who actually thought Nyasu was fired and their childhood was ruined forever. Hahaha. Hope you all feel really stupid now! :)
    Musashi, TPrower, Eitarou and 7 others like this.

y team

( Hi, i'm new on bulbagarden forums. This is my first actual post, yay! Sorry for my grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language. :) Anyway, now to the point! )

In my opinion these episodes were great overall! Animation and soundtracks were nice and finally i got to see the subway masters.
    To be honest i was expecting a little more from TR than just "capture Pikachu and all the other pokemon"-plan but i still enjoyed it a lot! :)
    I especially liked:
    -Well, Cilan/Dent. He was just hilarious, fangasming like crazy over the trains and he even knew the subway brothers! He was way too excited and Iris was embarrassed.
    -Ingo's and Emmet's pokemon. Chandelure and Eelektross happen to be some of my favourite pokemon from 5th gen.
    -Seeing that roggenrola is still alive!
    -How the pokemon worked together to escape from the train.
    -Subway masters and the main characters chasing Team rocket was cool.
    -Like i already mentioned: soundtracks.
    -And that long preview in the end!

I probably forgot to mention many things, oh well. ;D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast