REVIEW: BW 044 "Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: BW 044 "Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 044 "Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!!" Review Thread

Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!!

Continuing on toward Raimon city, the group runs into a Choroneko. Nyasu is immediately love struck, but Dent doesn't trust it...

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 044 "Beware of Choroneko! Nyarth and Mijumaru!!" Review Thread

AGAIN, WRITERS!?

Is that a new running gag!?

Stop teasing me and then stomping on the idea of Meowth being caught!

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

What a horribly boring episode...

At least the ending was funny. Choroneko is a true trap!

y team

The last word Musashi said was "Oh, interesting".
    ">

i cannot believe dento acted all whiny and we didn't even get to see a baby dento flashback, or whatever sort of thing a choroneko did to him :( ash even said "now i REALLY want to know". me too!!!! stupid!!!

and now i chuckle because he wasn't scared for one second of the choroneko in the movie.

Blog Entries

Nyasu is such a little faker. XD And I sense a running gag with Nyasu and Iris' monster ball. Hope it actually goes somewhere.

Cute episode overall. Wonder where Musashi and Kojirio's plot is going.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

When Nyasu was almost caught again- my heart was in my mouth. But he wasn't.
    I thought the story of the CoTD and Choroneko was quite sweet, though a bit predictable.
    One of those "everything is resolved, and no one gets the girl" episodes, not my favourite.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Oh look, a Trap joke.

Have we had those before?

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I actually lost interest in this one and wanted it out of the way, but it turns out that it was actually quite enjoyable. I liked that Choroneko was presented as a manipulative liar at first, but was then revealed to be a sympathetic character.
    Meowth being around with the gang has been great fun thus far, and although people expressed annoyance at him falling in love with another feline, I still find it to be an entertaining shtick. Him refering to Choroneko's trainer as 'Okasan' before professing his love for the kitten at the end of the episode was the icing on the cake.

Mijumaru is still a funny character, even if they do shoehorn him into too many episodes. I think it helps that he looks and sounds so inherently dopey (in a good way!), which makes his brash attitude funnier in contrast. Shoving Meowth out of the way and presenting Choroneko with flowers. It looks so silly, but is undeniably endearing/

Manure! I HATE MANURE
    But y'know, regardless of that, the 'quicksand' scene was done quite well. Strong choice of music and lighting gave it a much greater impact, and I personally thought it did an excellent job at making the situation feel genuinely perilous.

by the way, did everyone catch that the shock at the end was that choroneko was a boy?

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Is it wrong that I only enjoyed the Rocket scenes? x_x

Still no one mentioned it, so I will- Choroneko was a male pokemon.
    ">

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Still no one mentioned it, so I will- Choroneko was a male pokemon.
    Too late.

We all got it.

And so did Meowth and Oshawott.

Poor little guys...

You know, I went into this episode thinking it would be boring as hell... and I was right.

Seriously, this episode was about as dull as ditchwater. We got about fifteen minutes of Choroneko leading Satoshi-tachi into a trap, and the ending was completely unbelievable (we're supposed to believe that Choroneko ran that far and convinced a whole flock of Hatoboh to help him in the space of thirty seconds?). The most interesting things to happen was the almost-capture of Nyarth and the Rocket-Dan's scenes in Kanawa Town... that's how dull the episode was, the Rocket-Dan were more interesting (it seems that Musashi and Kojirō are being helped by the higher-ups... nice to know they weren't completely written off by the group again).

Now I REALLY cant wait to watch this episode subs or not because 1. Meowth allmost gets ccaught again which could lead him to actually being caught) and 2. oshawott and meowth fall in love with a boy

and by the way are all of you above from japan or is there a way to watch it online while its airing in Japan ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast