REVIEW: BW 040 "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Tsutarja VS Komatana!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 040 "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Tsutarja VS Komatana!!" Review Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BW 040 "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Tsutarja VS Komatana!!" Review Thread

I wonder why this episode was simply called "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Snivy VS Pawniard!" and not "Round 2! Gurdurr VS Dwebble! Snivy VS Pawniard!" because I really didn't get a special wibe when Snivy VS Pawniard was on... the Gurdurr VS Dwebble battle was alot better and was more the main battle in the episode :b

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BW 040 "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Tsutarja VS Komatana!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MachokeLover View Post
    I wonder why this episode was simply called "Fierce Fighting Don Battle! Snivy VS Pawniard!" and not "Round 2! Gurdurr VS Dwebble! Snivy VS Pawniard!"
    Because only the Ash/Langley battle's the second round.

Post Thanks / Like

Then it could had been called "Gurdurr VS Dwebble! Snivy VS Pawniard!" xD

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MachokeLover View Post
    Then it could had been called "Gurdurr VS Dwebble! Snivy VS Pawniard!" xD
    Which is a very uninspiring title...

Post Thanks / Like

"Fierce Fighting Don Battle"? Can't you guys get someone who knows English to translate these titles?
    So.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dwebble and Gurdurr's battle was indeed the main highlight of this episode. I will not deny that much. What I love about the execution of this battle is that it could have went either way. Gurdurr was not as weak an opponent that Dwebble could have easily defeated it. Dwebble was able to avoid the bulk of Gurdurr's attacks, and Gurdurr was also able to fight back as well. I assumed there was going to be a struggle for Cilan to triumph over Trip. Again, this battle could have went either way.

Believe me, the writers really had to pull out the stops for Dwebble, such as giving it a brand new move so it can battle against and defeat the semi-evolved pokemon. I always felt that Dwebble was Cilan's most powerful pokemon. It is already gifted with a powerful defense (which Gurdurr almost broke by breaking Dwebble's shell), and furthermore was able to compensate that large defensive power for a high-speed offensive. I do not know if Pansage would have been able to defeat Gurdurr in this respect. Pansage has a lot of speed and a mild amount of attacking power, but it does not have the defense that Dwebble had that allowed it to endure Gurdurr's powerful punch-type attacks.

Langley and Bianca had their small interaction with Zorua in the mix. You couldn't help but feel sorry for Bianca when she is giving her all but getting nothing in return.

Bianca and Kenyan's match was also entertaining. Minccino literally went in for a Tickle attack and Hyper Voice in the beginning. Unfortunately for Bianca and her Minccino, Kenyan had access to a bigger and more powerful pokemon.

Luke's Golett won its battle with a mere Shadow Punch to Darmanitan's gut.

Emolga suddenly obeying Iris's commands and using her moves in battle. What?! I would have figured that Axew or Excadrill could have been the one used in the battle. Off-screen interactions and character resolutions are meh. Yoshithiko sending out a Watchog was "unexpected."

Trip and Ash had a small interaction in the pokemon center that evening. Wait... What is this?! Did Trip just take Gary's signature "goodbye while walking away" pose?! Damn you, Trip!

I love how Zorua comes in the middle of the feast to screw with everybody. Bianca and Iris are fighting over her Axew, not knowing that Zorua has already transformed back to her original form.

Ash and Langley's battle takes place in the second round on the next day. Pawniard completely overwhelms Snivy's grass-type attacks using its Metal Claw. It also turns out that Pawniard is female as well, making Snivy's Attract null and void. Snivy was able to get a lucky break and chucked a giant rock onto Pawniard's head blade, stopping the pokemon in its tracks. Pawniard rushes in and forces Snivy to attack the boulder with her Leaf Blade. Oh, it looks like the resolution of Ash VS Langley will take place next week. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I don't know, overall this tournament just seemed designed so we can see Ash, and Iris first real battle. That's really about it. Trip, and Ash developed nothing in this tournament. Their interactions are just as boring as always.

Some of the interactions were amusing though like Burgundy, Bianca, and Langley. I'm surprised how much time they spent on other stuff, rather than battling.
    Let me just say this. It is impossible for the writers to fully develop a single relationship since they have to split up the screentime for nine separate characters (and Zorua). Trip's relationship with Ash is not a mutual or competitive one, which is why some people are annoyed here. Trip is simply here to test his limits in battle against powerful opponents, and it turns out that the writers still want to keep the character under further wraps by having him lose this battle.

The writers were generous enough by having Ash and Trip interact with each other in the Pokemon Center after the first round matches were over.

This tournament could have been written differently, such as Trip actually advancing to the top 4 instead of one of those COTDs. I believe that this story arc was created so we can properly get introduced to Kenyan, Burgundy and Langley, who at a time, merely existed as stock rivals for Ash and his companions. It was not meant to spruce up one specific rivalry. Again, BW is being handled completely different from DP.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 21st July 2011 at 09:56 AM.

~Watching Best Wishes!~:D PokemonTrainerAlexa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow PokemonTrainerAlexa On Twitter Add PokemonTrainerAlexa on Facebook
    Follow PokemonTrainerAlexa on Tumblr Visit PokemonTrainerAlexa's Youtube Channel

No Watchhog guy? I am Disappoint :(
    Other than that I loved the comedy in this episode, Zorua is a little troll and the best part, seeing Trip lose XDD

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite part is the battle between Dento and Shooti, I actually love ishizumai, it's so cool and cute. I'm happy that it learns new move, ishizumai is little but it sure is strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alright I'm glad that Cilan finally defeated that douchebag Trip, but it did nothing for his rivalry with Ash. He just left cause "he doesn't care". Damn I'm so sick of Trip....And he even took Gary's walk away and wave thing! WTF!? And where the hell was Watchog Suit Guy!!!! I was looking forward to seeing him interact with Iris yet it never happened!
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Post Thanks / Like

Cilan is now my new favorite anime character. Kicked Trip's a** while at a type disadventage. Breaking through his plot armor alone was epic, but that just made my day to see the 'boring invincible rivial' getting taken down before the League for once.

Now if only the writers could follow on this and let Ash win a battle against him before the League... With the way this series is going, I can actually for once see that being possible...
    My FC: 3265-5103-3870

Safari type: Water with Gyarados, Bibarel, and Poliwhirl catachable.

Looking for FS that have either Riolu, Audino, or Vulpix in them. Please PM if you have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    Alright I'm glad that Cilan finally defeated that douchebag Trip, but it did nothing for his rivalry with Ash. He just left cause "he doesn't care". Damn I'm so sick of Trip....And he even took Gary's walk away and wave thing! WTF!? And where the hell was Watchog Suit Guy!!!! I was looking forward to seeing him interact with Iris yet it never happened!
    It isn't Gary's walk away and wave thing...it's like every single "cool" anime character walk away and wave thing...Paul did it...Yami Yugi did it =_= But...Trip is not qualified to use it as of this moment. I think that he's okay with this loss, since it was against a gym leader and it WAS 1 vs. 1. Not a crushing 6 v. 6 sweep like Paul had to go through or anything...would have been nice if Cilan made him think about Ash or SOMETHING during their fight (and if he did, then I didn't catch it...). SIGH.

Well, they could have the watchog guy appear a la Conway...creeping behind Iris to say good bye after the tournament's over ^^

NYOOON~ ;3

"seasons change, people change"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great episode, I loved it! Even if there were small disappointments and ''WTF''-moments here and there.

That battle between Dento and Shooti was simply awesome, I absolutely loved that battle! Gurdurr really was a badass, but Ishizumai was devil himself! Those falling rocks.... MAN! I LOVED that battle!

The battle between Kenyan and Bianca was OK, it was actually good. One thing that I'm glad for is how Bianca reacted to her loss. Really like ''Aaaawwww!'', that just showed that she really wanted to make it further in this tournament. I actually expected something ''oh well, what can you do? *Big, BIG smile*''.
    Luke's battle was too short too judge, and the same thing goes for Iris' battle. However, in Iris' battle, I got slightly disappointed, and I'm sure that y'all know the reason for that. And Emolga suddenly obeying Iris? That's something that the writers MUST clear up! :o

The characters interactions in this episode were very funny! And Cabernet suddenly appearing in their room... I love you girl!! More Iris and Langley rivalry, YAHOOO!

No comments on the Snivy and Pawniard battle, I want to see the whole thing before that. But I can say that I at least loved this first part of the battle. :P

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Wow! I am seriously impressed with the Cilan/Trip battle. The music was great, and the battle was so fluid. I was really sucked in.

I always love seeing Ash and co. spend time with their friends/rivals.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You know what this episode proves? That Snivy should've never been given Attract.

Seriously, that thing hasn't worked since when...Ash's second battle against Trip? (I may be mistaken)

Did they only have her use the move to reveal the gender of Oshawott, Tepig, Pidove, Trip's Servine, and herself?

It's even worse when they gave Emolga, another main cast Pokemon, attract. Even she's more successful when using it (barring the Swoobat and Archen...) and had it work for her in this episode (and the next one too)...

Oh well, Shell Smash Dwebble made up for that...it always does. Seriously, everytime it uses that move, something gets its but kicked...hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Shooti sunset waving = not cool. That was one of my favourite parts of all of the diamond and pearl series.
    And something from this episode I would like to remove from my mind, and any future episodes. Although I know it will be more of an occurance, which I am not happy with to say the least.

I like Zebstrika

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast