REVIEW: BW 039 "Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BW 039 "Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 039 "Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!" Review Thread

Did anyone else notice Kenyan's terrible, terrible handwriting?

Speaking of writing, I'm sick to death of seeing that fucking made-up language everywhere. Like, Luke isn't even allowed to have the letters "REC" on his video display? What the hell?

I was also surprised that the episode actually bothered to a) name all the participants, and b) come up with some great character designs. Usually the periphery characters get generic designs because they figured nobody would care, but this time they went all out. Sanshiro, in particular, had a design that looked like it had a lot of thought put into it.

And as others have pointed out, Cabernet's "My new vintage" was great :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Badge
    Heheh, bobbleheads. Always funny. On another note: Nimbasa City AND Nimbasa Town? Question: what's the fucking point? A city and town sharing a name, so bloody daft...
    Similar things happen in real life. Like, why do we have a New York City and a New York State? Why are there so many cities named "Paris" in the U.S.? etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san
    That poor spider-tick...though wasn't he just adorable with those four swirly unconscious eyes?^^
    I like how it already had the swirly eyes - this show's shorthand for "unconscious" - and yet was still able to drag itself out from under Tsunbear. I don't think we've ever seen a pokemon move while "unable to battle" like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika
    Shuuti thinks he's above everyone, with the "KIMI KIMI" stuff, it's called "Anata" use it.
    There's nothing wrong with him using "kimi." He's a kid, not a Japanese 101 textbook.

"Anata" would be way too stiff and formal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Heh, when TR's voices were revealed in the summaries, we were like, "Oh no, 5 eps in a row?!"
    To be fair, the Dent fishing episode wasn't supposed to air when it did. We would have only gotten four episodes in a row instead of five if it wasn't for the earthquake in March. Still too much, yeah, but it wouldn't have been *as* bad.

Thank god that tiring rut they were in during the previous 4 BW eps is over, just being shoe-horned into eps again for no reason.
    I'm glad they're finally going to start getting shoved to the background again. While watching them fetch briefcases and checking out maps is boring as hell, it at least doesn't drag down the entire episode like their more recent appearances have. The less of the BW Rocket trio we see, the better.
    Bubble Frog and martianmister like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I really liked this episode. It was fun and light and the fight wasn't long but was energetic and fun to watch.
    Zorua was really great. Iris and Langley's rivalry stole the whole episode whilst Ash and Trip were boring as usual.
    But I really liked that Trip is losing his screentime. To me, he was a character gone wrong. Generic Paul that did not work.
    And it's interesting to wonder if losing to Cilan will refresh his storyline.

Blog Entries

What did Trip say when Ash won the match?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Similar things happen in real life. Like, why do we have a New York City and a New York State? Why are there so many cities named "Paris" in the U.S.? etc. etc.
    I wouldn't know anything about place names in America, but...really? Wow. That's really silly. Regardless, just because it happens in reality doesn't mean it has to happen in fiction: why be confusing when you don't have to be? I personally consider the OneSteveLimit trope an acceptable break from reality.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

I like the "The writers just wanted to troll us" explanation. Much more amusing.
    Karamazov likes this.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie1 View Post

Is that Zorua?
    I think it's other way around.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I love how almost every character in that picture has the exact same facial expression.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I like the "The writers just wanted to troll us" explanation. Much more amusing.
    I don't, since "troll" is a terrible internet word which users deserve a swift punch to the face.

On another note...
    Takemitsu, is he supposed to be some sort of parody of someone? He kind of seems like one, and he also goes through the trouble of announcing his name despite not really needing to.
    So.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I feel trolled. I was led to believe by the animator that the sexy Elesa would be in this episode...YET SHES NOWHERE IN SIGHT!!! And I thought this tournament was taking place in Nimbasa City, not a town. Though the shots they shown of Nimbasa City at the beginning with Team Rocket looked incredible!
    It's because the episodes were renumbered after TR vs TP was delayed, with the episode we just saw being BW039, so about three more weeks before she will appear.

It was alright though it's not what I was expecting. Disappointed they're showing M13 over the next episode and I'm even more pissed since Serebii states the after the 2nd part, there's gonna be another week delay for Part 3 for a damn Naruto special. WTF?
    Now WHY would they show Movie 13 instead of the next episode, that's what bothers me, and if I remember right (I havent been catching up with Japan on Naruto, so I have no idea what is going on), Naruto Shippuden is on a filler arc, making it a double whammy for both fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Actually, they were saying how their ambitions were shining as brightly as the ferris wheel's light or something. They didn't talk about energy or power, just that the new mission in Raimon City was for Sakaki.
    The question is, what does Giovanni want, and does it hint at the long awaited appearance of Team Plasma? We have until September to find out, since we have to wait two weeks for the next episode, and after that, ANOTHER two weeks for the episode after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I don't, since "troll" is a terrible internet word which users deserve a swift punch to the face.
    Agreed, that and "pony" are probably the most overused words on the internet.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    It's because the episodes were renumbered after TR vs TP was delayed, with the episode we just saw being BW039, so about three more weeks before she will appear.
    I think the article on Bulbapedia that said that Masaaki Iwane revealed on his blog that she was supposed to appear in "Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!"

Now WHY would they show Movie 13 instead of the next episode, that's what bothers me, and if I remember right (I havent been catching up with Japan on Naruto, so I have no idea what is going on), Naruto Shippuden is on a filler arc, making it a double whammy for both fanbases.
    I honestly don't know why they'd show the Zoroark movie over BW 40 and I really wanted to see Cilan defeat Trip this week. As for that damn Naruto special, the movie screwed everything up. I guess because the movie runs over Naruto's time slot, I guess they have to make up for it cause of the movie and it pisses me off that they put it over what should be the proper date for the Iris vs. Kenyan episode, right after the episode where Trip finally loses.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Now WHY would they show Movie 13 instead of the next episode,
    They always air the previous year's movie right before the new one comes out.

We have until September to find out, since we have to wait two weeks for the next episode, and after that, ANOTHER two weeks for the episode after that.
    Which only brings us to August.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I think the article on Bulbapedia that said that Masaaki Iwane revealed on his blog that she was supposed to appear in "Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!"
    He didn't, some guy just lied about such a statement being made and no one bothered to fact check.
    So.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Nobody's mentioned Tsunbear's "What the heck just happened?" reaction after it fell on Bachul. That was cute.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Not that I understand craps worth about the talk with my lack of japanese skills, but...

Langley, you are a sad excuse of a trainer. :P Which makes Iris, even with her strongest pokemon, even worse. Joltik was just way too awesome.

Oh well, the episode was absolutely amazing.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I hope Trip was watching Ash's match. Imagine his face when he finds out Ash caught the very same species of Pokemon he himself failed to catch.
    투 애니원 and Bubble Frog like this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast