This is the sign-up sheet. I can't read Pokemonese, but I'm pretty sure it states that, in order to enter, you must set your Pokeballs on fire.
One of these days, Ash will notice Bianca is coming and he'll react promptly to what's to come.
Naturally, by that I mean he'd either strip down to his boxers before Bianca bumps into him so his clothes wouldn't at least get wet only to result in Bianca stopping dead in her tracks and stare oddly at the boy because why on earth randomly strip, that's just plain odd.
Or he'd hide behind a tree so he couldn't possibly be pushed into the nearest body of water, only for Bianca - in her hyperactive rush - randomly grab a bucket, somehow drag it through the water, gathering up in the bucket (all while running and screaming with her eyes closed) and trip so the water in the bucket gets poured out all over Ash.
Palpitoad was ridiculously adorable in this episode! I'm sure it's all friendly because;
- It's been caught so it no longer has to worry about its old territory.
- It therefore also no longer has to feed its 4678546395743 tadpole off-spring.
- Its wife was probably also kinda fat.
- Unless its wife is Stunfisk in which case, the main point is they got away from their millions of tadpole off-spring.
Who wouldn't be happy and friendly after getting away from that?
Man, I'm hoping the "Bianca-running-into-Ash" gag doesn't go overplayed. I really liked the group meeting up with the rivals, what a reunion! lol Well, minus Shootie since all he did was brush off Ash and co. and walked off. He didn't have much presence in this episode, unlike the other rivals.
- Hahaha, poor Joltik, what a way to go. Ker-squish!
- Zorua is cute as shit. I like how it constantly drove Langley up the wall and tricked Belle.
- I can see creepy Watchog guy becoming an "ensemble darkhorse" or something.
- Of course Ash had to choose the rat as his 3rd Pokemon, at least we'll see Snivy and Paliptoad battle action.
- I liked the way the camera at Burgundy's feet followed Stoutland as the Hydropump sent him into the wall.
- Man, I wish Cilan isn't going out so early. :\ I want to see some Stunfisk action dammit!
Hurrah! Okay, well, as excited as I'd been about this episode, I've gotta admit that I was also approaching it with a healthy spoonful of trepidation. I'd been eagerly anticipating it for so many weeks and the capacity to disappoint was pretty gaping, after all. Fortunately, and though I'm not entirely thrilled with how this tournament is set to play out, this was a hugely enjoyable episode.
I have been calling for Cabernet's return ever since the debut of BW019, and I was pleased with how it was handled here. Cabernet herself seemed notably calmer and more chummy with the non-Dento members of Ash's posse on this occasion (hmm, I guess she's started on a new course of meds or something), but her gutsy personality was still very visible, as was her vendetta against Dento, and I like how composed and competent she came across in this battle. This time, she even got to be quite cunning herself, and employ a tactic worthy of her nefarious adversary with that whole thunder fang/ice fang bait-and-switch business. She may not be going home with any Ducklett feathers, but she didn't get nearly so badly curbstomped here, and that's good enough for me. :)
Anyway, with Cabby eliminated, and Bel and Watchog Guy soon to follow, I'll now officially be rooting for the guy with the hot shot deerling (sorry, I've forgotten his name already...but I really liked that deerling).
Oh, I may be alone (or at least in the minority) on this, but I actually thought that Langley's victory was a proper stroke of genius. Oh sure, it was an incredibly cheap and hollow victory, but I think that was kind of the point. It just made Langley seem all the more deliciously full of herself when she was crowing to Iris about her win, when all it had come down to was a complete and utter fluke. That poor spider-tick...though wasn't he just adorable with those four swirly unconscious eyes?^^
I. loved. this. episode. :D
If there's anything I'd complain about, those would be the battles which sucked but I guess I can let that one go due the fact the writer (?) for this episode sucks at doing battles. The interactions were all around awesome, they really made the episode for me. I'm also warming up more to Luke, his funny quirks amuse me totally, especially at the point when he used the camera around his opponent. lol
It's hilarious to me how Iris/Langley rivalry is so much more interesting than the Ash/Shooty ... rivalry? The two girls amused me throughout the episode, but I really loved the scene of Iris with the Miruhog guy. Fingers crossed for a new Conway, albeit unlikely. ;)
By the way, the reason everyone were so shocked when Ash sent out Gamagaru was because they couldn't believe he actually remembered that he owned that Pokémon. And I can't blame them, even with some info prior to this episode, I was shocked when Ash sent out Gamagaru.
... oh yes! Lol at the whole Raimon town and city mix-up. The actual city looks amazing! It was worth the wait! :D
Rockets were mysterious as always, I'm looking forward to their next arc and hopefully more of Plasma! Overall, this was a great start to an arc and it sucks we have to wait two weeks for the next one. ;_;
Ok so thoughts of this episode:
- So TR is in the real Nimbassa City while Ash and co. are only in Nimbassa Town. Seems like Nimbassa (the city) looks like it'd be the perfect place to bring back those postponed TR episodes. Awesome! Lol @ Ash and co. thinking they were in the city haha.
- I really liked seeing the interactions with all the rivalries and the flashbacks with them. Bianca with Zorua was cute, her crashing into Ash is lol, Burgundy going after Cilan is awesome, and Langley vs. Iris was hilarious. Especially with Zorua mixing things in there.
- Is it just me or is it surprising to see Zebstrika's size? I didn't think it was that tall.
- Trip and Ash was nice to watch as well. Especially with Ash trying to get Trip's attention only to be denied (cue Ash's funny expression).
- The wing set are the prizes. If they are in a plaque which is what it looks like on the screen, who wants to bet that if Ash wins, it'll just be another display in his room back at Kanto.
- First round consists of: Langley vs. Sanshiro (Joltik Kid's real name), then Deed vs. Omega, Antonio vs. Ibushi, Ash vs. Burgundy, Cilan vs. Trip, Kenyan vs. Bianca, Luke vs. Sekimoto, and finally Iris vs. Yoshihiko.
- Poor Sanshiro facing Langley and seeing her bicker with her rival. And Deed doesn't seem to look like Lance anymore to me. He has some sort of creepy old man eyes imo. Lol @ his opponent being named "Omega"
- I don't know why, but I have coordinator vibes from Antonio. Like he isn't, but I just think he would be the type to participate in contests for some reason.
- Anyway, it's funny to see that a lot of these tournament characters look pretty memorable. At least compared to Kenny which is kinda interesting lol.
- Yoshihiko!! He must be the Conway of this tournament and show up in the future! I like his little wink towards Iris and Iris' reaction. Please, please be recurring! BW needs a creepy character to show up now and then and Yoshihiko and his love for Watchogs would just be so awesome to watch. Btw...for some reason Yoshihiko's hair (at least from what we can see) reminds me a bit of Brock.
- Wow, Beartic vs. Joltik was pretty interesting to watch since it was a super big pokemon vs. a super small pokemon. Poor Joltik didn't have a chance once Beartic landed on him. Ouch. Thank goodness it didn't gush out bug guts like it usually would in the real world.
- Deed and Antonio won their matches pretty quickly, then on to Ash vs. Burgundy. It's not a long battle, it felt short but at the same time, it was longer than I initially expected. If that makes sense. Regardless, it was pretty cool. Palpitoad showed that it's able to be a strong battler and I liked how everyone was surprised at first to see it be used. After Ash won, I wonder what Trip said. If he was somewhat impressed by Ash's battle, then that's a good start for Trip to change his impression on Ash.
- Overall, pretty good episode. Fun, I liked the interactions. I liked Zorua disguising herself as Langley and pointing Bianca to another direction haha. Here's hoping the next three episodes are also good.
Ranma ½ and Maison Ikkoku fan. And I never got into shipping flamewars about them.
Man, I knew it was strong in its debut episode, but Palpitoad really show its strength here. I go so far to say, at least offensively, it's probably one of Ash's strongest Unova pokes.
Snivy. I'm sure we'll be seeing more soon especially considering how Palpitoad has an immunity to electric types, which we all know (the sexy)Elesa uses.
Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13
Three Pokemon, that's kinda like the Battle Subway in the games, hoping for Triple Battles. I'm glad Satoshi is using Pikachu, Pikachu doesn't deserve to take a backseat to these attention whores of BW. Seeing my favorite Pokemon be so ready for battle and show more of his battling prowess and wanting to participate was great.
Did Cabernet take a chill pill this episode? Seriously, what happened? ;_; Yeah, but I liked Dento's face when her finger was there. His worried face xD What happened to her I WANT REVENGE! Thing? Where's the animosity? "NEW TASTING TIME! S'IL VOUS PLAIT!" was cool at least.
Kenyan reminds me of Peter Griffin, though he should probably lose some weight, he'd be much of a better influence if he did, plus you can tell he's lazy if rides around on his Zeburaika. You don't see Cabernet riding on Mebujika. That whole name accent thing was hilarious though.
Luke him and his Zorua! Both fun and great characters. I really hope he somehow beats Shuuti, I'M CALLING A ZORUA EVOLUTION NOW! Little scene with Bel was pretty good. Bel and Langley could be twins.
THE DRAGON BUSTER! This rivalry is almost my favorite rivalry in BW so far. Seriously, this is the first time I've actually laughed at rivals doing stuff. The last time I've laughed at something like this was when Team Rocket got there asses zapped outta the sky. Hands down this was the second funniest scene in the whole episode. Iris miming Langley with Zorua LOL Zorua and Iris! One of my favorite Pokemon of the new games being thrown into the mix was just great! Kenyan, Cabernet, Pikachu, Satoshi, and Dento's faces. The only thing that could have made this better was Nyasu being in there.
Shuuti thinks he's above everyone, with the "KIMI KIMI" stuff, it's called "Anata" use it. Koaruhi feathers from Charizard Bridge being the prizes. Seems weird.
Cabernet:MY TARGET'S DENTO! His face.
Shuuti respects Dento, I look forward to there match.
Bel, messing up Kenyan's name. I'm gonna laugh hard if she somehow beats Kenyan. But, she won't since girl rivals usually are crappy in comparison to males.
What a creep Miruhog guy is he reminds me of Gai-Sensei. His Iris interaction was funny though.
Feels like Langley and Iris are trying to get each other's attention what a great rivalry. Langley didn't pit her big ass Tsunbear up against Bachuru he did. Electric Types are always great. I wanna see Pikachu try that technique. Let me get something straight? Tsunbear takes a Thunderbolt and is about to go down! BUT, IT TAKES DORYUUZU A BILLION HITS AND IT ONLY DRAWS WITH DORYUUZU? He's smarter then the average bear.
Battle Montage! Boring common Pokemon like Minezumi and Shikijiki again? What about something like Yabukuron? Is Dento allowed to tell his friends what Pokemon his opponents have?
"GO, MY NEW VINTAGE" :p She dumped her Mebujika poor Mebu ;_;
Nice to know they aired credits during the match :P
Used to be an evil mastermind, now it's all happy and sweet. Did she forget Gamagaru is a Ground Type too? I like Cabernet's "Noblewoman's laugh". Putting out Muland's Fire Fang in mid air using Mud Shot was a stroke of genius. I'm TIRED OF SEEING FREAKING TACKLE THOUGH, WHY DOES A GIANT CREATURE LIKE THAT? KNOW A WEAK ATTACK LIKE TACKLE? The lack of dodging got on my nerves too, since in the games Gamagaru are fast. The battle seemed kinda rushed.
Shuuti's impressed by Satoshi, that's a first. I guess it counts for something.
None of this better have to do with triple battles, like if they make that the final or something. Really don't want to see those in the anime. Way too busy.
I just like they kept the fact that despite Burgundy's impulsive behavior, she still cares about her Pokemon, as shown when she came to the aid of her Stoutland after it was defeated.
Adjkfhg, OK forget Ash, Trip and the guy with the glasses, Guy In A Watchog Suit made this episode with his 3 second scene. I know he's gonna be knocked out by Iris next week but for the LOVE OF ARCEUS PLEASE BE A RECURRING CHARACTER.
*cough* Besides that, I have new-found respect for Langley, her and Iris just bring out the worst in each other. If I could faint my opponent just by having my Pokemon fall over, I'd want to go and rub that in everyone's faces too :P
Am I the only one who thought the scene with Iris using Zoro-Langley as a sock puppet felt kinda shippy?
Cabernet was determined as ever and put up a great fight (Mai New Vintage, oxymoron much :3), so I'm not too disappointed to see her elimated early. Hopefully she'll stay to heckle Dento from the sidelines for the next three episodes.