The battle between Ash and Burgundy was very tasteful. Definitely not a normal battle. But I think Stoutland may be wet behind the ears when it comes to battling.
So are people still betting on Deed winning this thing (and being N in disguise :))?
Comments based on screenshots, as usual.
Ooh, Nimbasa at night. So colourful! Hi, Team Rocket. Meh.
Aww, Zorua on Luke's head.
Heheh, bobbleheads. Always funny. On another note: Nimbasa City AND Nimbasa Town? Question: what's the fucking point? A city and town sharing a name, so bloody daft...
Of course they've stopped next to a fountain. How else would they find Bianca without Ash next to a body of water? Speaking of Ash, he looks...oddly happy in the fountain. He's strange...
Oho! What's this? Bianca falls again? Bonus!
No-one's told Ash that standing partially undressed on city streets to dry your clothes ain't normal, have they? Heheh, he sneezed.
Welp, time to get the camera rolling. And action! ...Oh, Bian--sorry, Zorua as Bianca. Hard to tell the difference in the way they act, isn't it?
Zorua reverts and...oh. Oh my. Zorua's gonna go through what Emolga did way back when, I'm guessing.
Hang on, Bianca's throwing a Poké Ball! This oughta be good viewing. Luke's face = priceless!
Shame, isn't it, Bianca. I guess you'll have to settle for a glomp. Haha, Zorua's a speedy thing.
'Kay, guys. There's a tourney being held. Get to signing up! Interesting, the form appears to have three spaces with Poké Balls next to 'em. Up to three of a Trainer's Pokémon in the tournament, I take it. Love how Pikachu just jumps in there, as if to say to Ash: 'Actually, you only have to decide on the other two!' Cute stuff.
Well, well, well. It looks like our favourite batshit Sommeliere is here! And she's...genuinely smiling!? *faints* And she's being civil towards Cilan!? What kinda parallel universe did I wake up in? But I do love Cilan's 'uh...' reaction to her pointing.
Bring on the sparkles! Wait, what the...? A Zebstrika blocks your view. Wha? Oh, it's Kenyan on a noble steed. Lookit the writing on his application form: it's kinda smudged!
Langley's just dropped in. Her what-the-fuck face vs. Iris' trollface. Mm, can't decide which I like better. Doesn't matter, 'cause they've gone straight into a round of who's-the-most-smug. Langley's looking all 'quit copying me!'
Speaking of copying, Zorua's decided to have a little fun. Things just got interesting, people. Now that is trolling.
What next? Oh yeah, Trip, I guess. Just his luck that Ash spots him in mere seconds. Bahaha! Check out Ash's fishy face! Oh, man! Brilliant!
Here we go, things are starting. Are those Don George statues? Disturbing. And hey, Zorua's snuck her way in amongst the competitors!
The feathers are all sparkly and pretty.
Man, Langley and Iris are really going at it. I'm starting to wonder if Langley has borrowed all of Burgundy's pissiness today. Also loving Cilan's nervous, oh-so-forced grin. Someone's worried that they're next on the chopping block, eh?
Geez, Luke, can't you buy your opponent dinner before you shove your camera in his face...or his crotch? 0_o
Huh, looks like Watchog Guy's another member of the 'Dude, Where's My Sclera?' club. And the 'Hi, I'm Very, Very Creepy' club, too. Poor Iris...
Okie-doke, let the battles begin! Langley vs. some guy-whose-design-I-totally-dig. Beartic vs. Joltik. Gosh, I already feel sorry for the Joltik. Wow, it's a good thing it can jump. And can drop Beartic in one hit. Not so good that it got squashed. Oww...
Mmkay, time for Ash and Burgundy to step up. Why so concerned, Iris? Pfft at Trip's 'I despair' face.
Bit of boasting, then Pokémon are sent out. Hm, Ash sure seems to have everyone's attention by sending out Palpitoad. I wonder why?
Now to start big ol' dog vs. warty toad. There's no way to not make Mud Shot look like a bunch of turds, is there?
Thunder Fang? Huh? What's Burgundy playing at? Anyhoo, Palpitoad looks so peaceful, as if to say 'thank god for my electricity immunity'.
Ice Fang. Ah, now we're talkin'. Freeze followed by Palpitoad escaping via some sound move.
Mud Shot puts a halt to Stoutland's Fire Fang and Hydro Pump cleans house. Victoly! Aww, Burgundy's hugging Stoutland. Can't be the most pleasant thing in the world: wet dogs tend to reek.
Zorua's gone walkabout. Except not. Langley is not amused. And we end with Trip vs. Cilan about to start. Nice.
Dangan Ronpa and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
My Dangan Ronpa 1, 2 and some Another Episode sprites are also available in avatar size!
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
I loved this episode, kind of seemed like old times the way Ash used to battle so cool. LOL The running gag of Ash getting shirtless, thank you writers for liking Ash so muchXD The interactions between the rivals were fun, last series Ash and Paul's rivalry was epic guess this time they had to do some thing special for Dento and Iris since they'll probaly be leaving at the end of the series. I liked Ash's interaction with the rivals too, fun times. This arc looks to be great.
Some are just jealous that Ash fans get to see him shirtless tons of times instead of Dento, well sorry about that but be happy for Ash fan girls sheesh :P
Last edited by Ashfangirl22; 7th July 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]
I haven't seen the episode, but I thought there was something strange about the name of the place being "Town"... but to be fair, I didn't think too much into it.
Seasons =/= Regions
Aaaand it's finally time! Even though I have some bad things going on in life, this makes everything so much better.
- The Rocket scene in the beginning was amazing. They're starting off with the awesome stuff, huh.
- Bel and Luke's interactions were great. I loved the face Luke made when Bel tried to catch Zoroa... also, Bel sticking her face in the camera was hilarious.
though I wish she'd stop crashing into Satoshi
- I squealed on the inside like a fangirl when Cabernet showed up. She didn't show as much "enthusiasm" as I'd assumed she would from seeing Dento, but that's not exactly a bad thing. Shows that she's become more mature; you can really see it. This scene in particular made me smile:
- I'm still not entirely feeling it for Langley, so here's hoping this tournament changes my mind. The only thing that I can definitely say I like about her are her looks. Even so, Iris making fun of her when Zoroa transformed was amazing. XD
- Shuuti's a rudepants as usual. Just walks away. And of course, Satoshi makes the best disappointed face in response to him. Things like these make me realize why I love this show.
- Cabernet: "My target is Dento!" Priceless. Just priceless.
- Mispronunciations of Kenyan's name = gold.
- Miruhog guy scared the crap out of me. Iris gets all excited and starts looking around and... suddenly the music just stops. I feel bad for you, Iris.
- Little tiny spider battling is really quite something. Funny to see something so small battle something so big. I'd imagine one hit from Tsunbear would squash it flat like a pancake, lol.
- And that's exactly what happened! (I'm writing these comments live) That's sure an.. easy way to take out a character that'll never appear again :P;;
- Looks like Cabernet's Muland knows Tackle and all three elemental fangs. I don't feel like her battle with Satoshi was very climactic but it'll do. She did quite good.
Overall, this was as good as I expected. The interactions between characters was the best part though; I feel like the battles could've been better, but oh well. Still pretty damn interesting to watch, although I wish Cabernet lasted longer somehow and her battle didn't feel as rushed as it did.
Last edited by Sheep; 7th July 2011 at 12:12 PM.
I am absolute.
I demand that guy in the Watchog suit (Yoshihiko, I think his name is) to come back in a later episode. He's too freaking hilarious to drop after only two. That reaction from Iris...
Actually, everyone had a lot of emotion this time. Bianca's crash into hello and camera hogging. Iris and Langley's lightning glare (Actually everything about those two). And Zorua too. But not Trip. He was just being him.
The first match with Langley was a total joke. The next two didn't matter. Ash against Burgundy was good. We got to see Palpitoad again (Does that mean we get Roggenrola too?)
Nice start, and it will get better.
Lots of good points, a few lukewarm and bad points to cover so let's get to it.
- Bel... just Bel. She was hilarious in this episode. I like how she's running into Satoshi, how she bogarts the lens, how she fangirls over Zorua. There were just so many cute Bel moments in this episode, and she had some nice interactions with Satoshi and Dento.
- Satoshi's face after Shooti didn't want to talk to him. Biggest laugh of the episode.
+ Cabernet. I just loved how psycho she is about Dento, and he's just like... not really treating her like a rival, even kinda ready to help her. I also looooooove how she reacted to Muland's loss, you could tell she really cared about the pokémon.
+ Satoshi's pre-battle banter with Cabernet really raised the energy and made the battle feel more engaging.
+ I loved Dento and Satoshi's talk between the Cabernet match. You could tell Dento wanted to help Satoshi. Those two really felt like good friends.
+ Miruhog guy... HE'S AWESOME XD
+ Langley. This episode kinda redeemed Langley in my eyes because it ultimately did what BW033 didn't, which was to give Langley some legit interactions, more than just say a bitchy line that no one really picks up and responds to, where it just fell flat. Here, I gotta say, she was a bit more lively, and definitely more entertaining. Still not sold on her "rivalry" with Iris which still feels hollow, and she needs more facets to her personality, but she wasn't totally unentertaining like last time.
> Luke and Kenyan. Tournament's started, time to put the personality chips on...
> Gamagaru. Nice to seem it battling, but ffs, what the hell happened to its personality. Last time we saw him he was psycho, and now, Satoshi and him are in perfect synch and act like BFF even though they've never interacted... meh.
> The Zorua, Langley Iris interactions. I liked those because it... kinda made me like Langley whom I did not care about by having her be the butt of the joke. She almost felt endearing in this episode. That being said, I'm putting this in the lukewarm category for two reasons. First, the writers forgot that less is more. Zorua turning into Langley is funny once, but the second time, it's like... meh. It felt like the Iris show, which kinda left very little time for other interactions to take place. Dento/Shooti and Bel/Kenyan are gonna fight and yet... we really didn't see them interact, maybe say one or two lines to each other, while the Iris/Langley thing, who aren't gonna battle, got a gazilion. But also, it really didn't portray Iris and Zorua in a positive light. It made it seem like they were ganging up on Langley which is probably why I warmed up to her more in this episode, whereas Iris and Zorua felt like the ones that were unnecessarily bitchy.
- Lackluster battles. Need I say more? Very little movement, very little strategy, and they really didn't feel organic.
- Three pokémon restriction? I get why they did it since most characters have two or three pokémon, but really they just restricted the numbers they could show should Satoshi get to the finals, and I hate the fact that Pikachu got chosen.
- Shooti/Satoshi rivalry. Just when I thought Shooti and this rivalry couldn't get any more boring... this episode. Granted, a lot of it had to do with, as always, Iriscentrism and Iris overexposure, since instead of spending time on that, the writes could have showcased Satoshi/Shooti more.
- Iris/Zorua bonding scene... they sorta promoted Zorua a lot more than Luke with whom Zorua didn't interact at all, but yet took the time to bond with Iris... Was I the only one getting a "Zorua will get a taste for battles and follow Iris" vibe here? If it does happen... meh, just meh.
So yeah, overall a good episode, but bar Langley, I feel that everyone came out this episode the same way they came in. Dento, Bel, and Cabernet were funny, Satoshi/Dento/Bel felt like a trio, the Dento/Cabernet rivalry is solid and entertaining, but nobody really gained much of anything and for an arc whose premise is making a bunch of different people interact, we didn't really see new sides to people.
This episode made me realize that we need a fan club for Watchog Guy XD
"You think you can kidnap Jinora and all these baby bisons!? >:U"
EEEP! Ash beat up the fuzzy puppy....I mean what a great episode.....sorry, I have a soft spot for Stoutland because it's my Gen V lucky charm.
Anyway, Yes to more Rocket plot, Palpitoad, Langley/Iris, GIAWS, and Wings
No to no Ash/Trip, The Kenyan Accent Joke TM, Jolitk squishing, and Burgundy being trolled by Ash.
????? to Lance-a-Like COTD advancement, New Premium Brands, and Stoutland's Tackle(Why not Giga Impact, it is fully evolved, after all).
Zorua's Illusion in an attempt to place a further wedge in their relationship.
Ash and Trip's rivalry, on the other hand, is treated in this episode as it always was. Ash was the one who wanted Trip to notice him, and he literally jumped in front of Trip's camera in an attempt to do so. Trip could not care less and may appear to be annoyed at the former's reactions. Trip was presented to be a character who would not care less which character he would fight so long as his pokemon would get a challenge. Trip doesn't like to stand out in any way.
Even when Cilan is excited to evaluate Trip's pokemon and battling style by his own measure, Trip could only smirk when he claimed that battling a Gym Leader instead of an ordinary trainer would not be a bad idea. Again, this indifference and mellowness is to be expected of a trainer who has defeated at least four gym leaders by the time this tournament is taking place.
There are three episodes to this tournament remaining, and Trip and Ash's rivalry was not the focus in this episode because it did not need to be. Something had to give in exchange for Bianca, Burgundy, and Langley receiving all of this screentime in this episode. In this case, Trip and Luke didn't stand out like sore thumbs.
I bet that we will see much more of Ash and Trip's relationship develop during the second episode, when both trainers will see the other battling a powerful opponent.
The problem could very well be that there are far too many characters being involved at once, and this was the reason why certain characters like Kenyan and Luke got one-liners in this episode whereas others like Bianca, Langley, and Burgundy got dozens.