REVIEW: BW 037 "Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: BW 037 "Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 026 "Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    I thought Bianca dexed it, since she's the one with a Pokedex and she is a bit of a ditz anyways.
    It was Satoshi. Bel look up Pururill.
    So.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I think the dub could air this episode in order with the script changed out, though the only problem would be Belle leaving at the end of the episode.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

They'll air it in the same order they're airing it in Japan. They're not going to go to the trouble of animating a new ending scene for just one country.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    It was Satoshi. Bel look up Pururill.
    Oh, I thought the person said Frillish, my bad. Yeah, at least Ash didn't look up Frillish, well he was a bit occupied anyway. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Oh, I thought the person said Frillish, my bad. Yeah, at least Ash didn't look up Frillish, well he was a bit occupied anyway. ;D
    Actually, yeah, that's what he was talking about. Dunno why I read that differently, my bad.
    So.

Blog Entries

I think we should all thank Pururiru for not letting Dento get Basurao. Imo, that Pokémon didn't suit him at all. xD

LOL! I didn't watch it yet, but from all these posts, they totally failed at trying to cover the fact this should've aired earlier... now the ep both fits in the current continuity AND doesn't fit at the same time...
    They deserve it for doing ridiculous thing like this... everything would be just fine to air the ep as it is with a simple short text message at the top of the screen explaining that this is an ep that was supposed to air earlier...
    I'm afraid of what might happen now to the TR/TP eps...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They'll air it in the same order they're airing it in Japan. They're not going to go to the trouble of animating a new ending scene for just one country.
    1. There's still is a chance, even if extrenely unlikely, that the dub already got the three skipped eps before all this craziness was done and they'll air the eps as they originally were meant to be and in their proper order... I know is extremely unlikely and that 99.9% we'll get these eps in the same order and edited version as Japan gets them, but nothing is sure until it happens... and this way it won't be "going the trouble of animating new scenes", but would be using the already existing video from before the edit happened

2. It won't be "for just one country", it'd be pretty much everywhere outside Japan
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    2. It won't be "for just one country", it'd be pretty much everywhere outside Japan
    If they don't air this redone version of the episode outside Japan (which they will), the new scene would just be seen in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm afraid of what might happen now to the TR/TP eps...
    Unlike this episode, they can't really hide the fact that that episode was meant to air earlier. They had been leading up to it, and advertising it, for ages, and everyone know when it was supposed to have aired and that it got skipped over.
    So.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen the episode but from what I've read here, it seems the remaking of this episode so it would fit into the current episodes didn't work wery well. Also, when I think about it, I sure don't hope they will do the same with the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes sometime in the future.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I mean, overall, I think the editing was fine. We're on a message board, so we tend to exaggerate the few telltale signs that *did* exist. I'm sure the ten year olds watching this episode tonight had no idea this was supposed to air earlier than it did.

Unlike the Rocket/Plasma two-parter, this episode wasn't really hyped any. The only reason we even knew it existed in the first place was because of a single TV listing, right?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, consider me disappointed. :(

After the boring filler antics of Team Rocket lately, it's a huge letdown to see the new plan Seger gave them in the previous episode turn out to be a faux-fishing competition. COME ON SEGER, you can do better than that.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So what was the reason the ep was skipped in the first place? Anyone think they might have edited out a Giovanni scene or something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    So what was the reason the ep was skipped in the first place? Anyone think they might have edited out a Giovanni scene or something?
    I personally think it was the avoid any connection with Hiun city, although many people will recognize the city and the episode.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, Yamask. If you truly have Haze attack, why did you not use it during the past five or six episodes that you made an appearance?

The only other part that cried foul to me was Ash scanning Yamask for the se... Um, third time. Well, this was technically the second time Ash encountered the pokemon, and he will scan it "three episodes later." Little children might not care one way or another if this episode was aired out of order because this was a simple filler episode with Bianca added in at the end to connect the two Emolga episodes.

I knew from the preview that Bianca wasn't going to do much. All she did was cause terror wherever she went. It was oddly refreshing that Iris got as much notice in this episode as violation (yellow card) for disobeying the competition rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    I personally think it was the avoid any connection with Hiun city, although many people will recognize the city and the episode.
    The only remote reason why this episode would have been aired out of "circulation" was because this episode's setting was a nearly submerged city. Most of the background of this episode appeared to be a semi-flooded city.

[That and Pansage nearly drowning...]

I felt that back in March, a few weeks after the earthquake and tsunami incident, it may have been too sensitive to air something like this episode. Pocket Monsters has a high viewership in Japan so that added to the pressure of eliminating the episode all together until TV TOKYO felt it was safe enough to rebrand it as a filler episode and air it otherwise.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 23rd June 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries

It is rather disappointing to see this aired out of order, but at least they tried to make it fit. (though unsuccessfully) I wonder how the ending really went? I guess we'll never know.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast