REVIEW: BW 036 "Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BW 036 "Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 036 "Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!" Review Thread

Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!
    On the way to Raimon City, Satoshi and his friends run into Professor Araragai and Makomo! They're attempting to revive an Archen fossil. How will the bird Pokemon react?

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default re: BW 036 (039) "Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!" Review Thread

I knew it! Seger-hakase is indeed planning something? Right?

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 036 (039) "Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!" Review Thread

I knew Tomioka writing this episode meant something for the Rockets! Wonder what energy mission they'll be on now.

Also, thank God for a smoke bomb again.

Blog Entries

Anyone knows what was he saying in the end?
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I can't get over Makomo's cuteness ;__; <3 The fossil bird was awesome too, so happy I'm training one atm.

Nice if the Rockets are getting new missions again.

y team

Archen was a female! And Stunfisk was.... weird? xD

Blog Entries

I hope this means they will soon return to their black uniforms!
    Musashi likes this.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Blog Entries

I had the very same problem with my Archeos when I used one in my in-game team.

I wanted to use it as my HM Fly-Pokémon but didn't know that it won't learn Fly until it evolves. So I started training the birdie like mad until it evolved. Kinda like in this episode, minus the evolution-inducing drug-fruits of horror.

TR didn't succeed in stealing the fossil bird but at least they burned down the big plant and didn't pseudo-blast off either.
    I hope TR stays out of the Don Battle episodes and won't get too much briefing episodes like last time when they've got a "real" mission. I can live without those.

Kinda disappointed by the short Muggyo scene. But, well, at least it appeared at all. Derpy Pokémon are the best!
    If only Satoshi would have taken Gamagaru with him ( instead of the asshole-on-legs) his fire fighting attempt might have worked...

Blog Entries

I had quite the lol moment following Dent's (or at least I assume it was Dent, the video on Keyhole cut out while the sound kept going) very quiet "It's Sleeping Time!"

Other than that... the episode was okay, I like that something new seems to be on the cards for the Rockets.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

* Makomo is high. Typical hippie...
    * TR is directly following Seger's orders, in their white uniforms. Then what's the point of their black uniforms?
    * So, Archeos is not one of a kind, it's kinda makes his resurrection less important, isn't it?
    * Archeos' interaction with Emonga and Maggyo is surprisingly entertaining.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Ah, something interesting for TR again. I wish I knew what was going on. Two of the rotation pokemon are on team now, so who else got Juniper'd? I guess we'll never know since his team seems to change every few episodes.
    Step into the Fairy circle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

A new Rocket-Dan mission means less screentime for the trio, which means they'll have fewer opportunities to drag the whole episode down.

Anwyay, this episode was alright. I never noticed how much Archaeos' name sounds like the American pronunciation of Arceus before :P I also loved the mini staring contest it had with Dent's Maggyo.

I didn't really like the deus ex machina ending, though. It's like the writers just said "fuck it" and wrote an ending that even the characters in the show find confusing. There has to have been a better ending to the "there isn't any food around for Archaeos to eat" problem than deciding that, oops, we guess those Archaeos weren't extinct after all! Lazy, lazy writing.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- This episode started completely out of nowhere, in a laboratory near Nimbasa City. Ash and co. have met up with Juniper and Fennel again. It seems that it is customary of BW to just start the plot without going into too much detail with the reintroductions.
    - Lenora was mentioned in this episode. She was the one who found the Wing Fossil and brought it to Professor Juniper. It is good to not have one of the gym leaders mentioned again, but to have it fit in with game continuity (Lenora was excavating and searching for fossils in the game as well).
    - Fennel seems overly excited about an ancient pokemon being resurrected from a fossil.
    - TRio seems to fit the very definition of pocket space. There is no way they can fit a radio transceiver inside that small briefcase of their's, in addition to the other devices they were shown using.
    - Archen's screaming somehow causes the seeds, which contain the ancient plant, to cultivate. I don't quite understand how it could be possible. [Is this the subject of lazy writing?]
    - Archen knows the following moves: Dragonbreath and Screech.
    - Archen expresses difficulty in flying. Ash sends out his Tranquill, and Iris decides to send out her Emolga. Emolga once again uses Attract on any pokemon at first sight, but it seems the Archen is female (Attract did not work).
    - Archen pecks Emolga. Emolga uses Volt Change for a quite getaway, and sends out Cilan's Stunfisk. Emolga is still outside its ball and just naps in the tree while Iris is scolding her.
    - Even Professor Juniper noted that the Emolga's Volt Change was out of the ordinary.
    - Stunfisk's interaction with Archen: Archen and Stunfisk stare at one another. Archen bites Stunfisk's lip. Stunfisk screams in pain and backs away before using Discharge to electrocute Archen. Archen screams yet again, causing the small plants to cultivate into giant branches that are able to bear fruit.
    - Cilan and Professor Juniper talk about Ash's amazing ability to encourage any pokemon that comes into contact with him.
    - I love how ridiculous this plotline is. Archen's screeching causes the seeds to grow into giant branches. Archen eats the plant and evolves into an Archeops. At the end of the day, Archeops is now able to fly, with no thanks to all of the hard work that Ash and Tranquill provided for it.
    - It seems all TRio can say in this episode is, "Interesting."
    - Once the Archeops is seen flying around, only then does TRio decide to cause trouble and use their pokemon to snatch it.
    - Ash sends out Oshawott AND Roggenrola?! It seems that Roggenrola is yet another one of Ash's "staples." What pokemon did Ash send back to obtain both Roggenrola and Tranquill? Instead of assisting Archeops in fending off TRio, Ash uses the two pokemon to reverse an energy surge associated with the giant plant growing.
    - After Archeops was able to break through one of their nets, TRio decided to retreat... yet again.
    - More lazy writing. There is a whole GROUP of Archeops that turned out to not be extinct at all.
    - Tranquill and Archeops say goodbye to one another, which would be sad if their interaction was much more than the latter learning how to fly in its base form.
    - To add up to more lazy writing, TRio reports back to Seger about the energy overflow associated with the Archeops. Seger then gives TRio a new mission. Please don't tell me that their next mission involves fossil and ancient pokemon.
    - The subject of Oak's Live Caster is Druddigon.

It was an alright episode. Nothing too out of the ordinary. We saw some rare interactions between Emolga, the Stunfisk, and the Archen. This boring episode culiminated in a lazy resolution (Archen evolving by eating a fruit that was beared from a plant that its screeching caused to grow, while at the same time, learning how to fly.) In addition, TRio (who had an amazing failure track record thus far) was given a new mission. Let's hope the writers keep them busy for a while.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 16th June 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite part of this episode: Seeing that the writers aren't limiting Ash to only having one rotating spot...it's kind of neat because now Ash can pretty much send out any Pokemon he wants and it'll be a surprise, somewhat. A good decision, as opposed to having one spot only.

Also, STUNFISK! But I wish he used Palpitoad here though too...

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    * Makomo is high. Typical hippie...
    * TR is directly following Seger's orders, in their white uniforms. Then what's the point of their black uniforms?
    * So, Archeos is not one of a kind, it's kinda makes his resurrection less important, isn't it?
    * Archeos' interaction with Emonga and Maggyo is surprisingly entertaining.
    I remember someone saying that the TRio in black uniforms symbolizes how they work to please Giovanni when he is present and an active influence. While TRio with white uniforms symbolizes how they act when he is not around and are on their own. It isn't much of a theory, but you can see some of the reasoning.

I enjoyed this episode and I wished the Lenora part was a bit longer, but at least she appeared.~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast