REVIEW: BW 031 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 031 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 031 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!" Review Thread

BW 034 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!"
    After ruining their lunch, Satoshi and Iris set out to find more food. On the way, they run into Satoshi's rival, Shooty once again! Can Satoshi finally defeat him?
    Last edited by Musashi; 23rd May 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default re: BW 031 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!" Review Thread

So, it was a tie.

I was all like WTF when I saw little Shooty and Adeku. o_o

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default re: BW 031 "Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkora Compete in a Battle!!" Review Thread

OMG ADEKU ADEKU AND ADEKU!!

AND BABBY SHUUTI

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BIG SPOILERS!!!

For the purpose of explaining a lot of things happening at once, I summarized what was in this episode.

Blog Entries

Lol, Iris is afraid of Ice types. Just wow.

The match overall was a tie. Thanks god.

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

So Shooti is Adeku's son?

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    So Shooti is Adeku's son?
    No. He just wants to battle Adeku.

Blog Entries

Man, does Tomioka always deliver or what? As great as it was that the battle was a tie, I loved the much needed backstory on Shootie. Not to mention introducing Adeku and the Champion League! Yes!

Blog Entries

Hm, pretty good episode. Tomioka strikes again!
    Shooti background, Iris gets a lecture from Shooti, Champion cameo, 4 (!) new Pokémon...can't wait to rewatch this in non laggy way.
    Timburr was all kinds of awesome btw ^^

Some good
    I'm freakin glad its a tie this time instead of Trip always beating him, don't think they did this with Ash/Paul. Also yah, good to see some info on Trip finally!
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

amazing.

Nice to see Alder show up, I was beginning to think he might not appear during Unova.

Of course, Ash is now all "Screw Cynthia, that's the Champion I want to battle!".

Blog Entries

Pretty much a copy paste post from my serebii forum post, with one slight difference:

This episode had its faults (primarily Snivy vs Servine) but I guess most of it was okay. I mean I don't know why but I think the battle portion was just crap. I mean as hilarious as it was I think they focused on lunch too much. The battle was really horribly rushed, not the best written battle in terms of quality written battles, but I love how it ended in a draw.

Snivy vs Servine- A big cop out if I ever saw one. One hit and Snivy's down, they really want to show Servine as his big bad didn't they? And Trip, SHUT THE **** UP about Snivy still being unevolved. If she doesn't evolve even once I'm fully blaming you, and yes I realize your a fictional character but that's not going to stop me from printing your face and putting it on a punching bag, and beating your picture until it's unrecognisable. This is the second time you mentioned how unevolved Ash's Snivy is, honestly just SHUT UP.

Flashback- As cool as it was to see Alder and his Bouffalant, Trip you're not supposed to make revelations only to the audience. But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

Timburr vs Oshawott- LMAO. Oshawott you are the absolute greatest Pokemon that Ash has ever had. Man that confidence when you shell bladed Timburr for the win, and knew you knocked it out was pure awesome. Please evolve all the way, and redeem the main water types for Ash that didn't evolve.

And LOL at Trip explaining to Ash why Oshawott keeps failing Aqua Jet. Seems rather contradictory.

Tepig vs Vanillite- A slight cop out only because Vanillite's ice attacks were beating fire attacks or tying as well as the battle being rushed as hell. But a tie making the battle a draw was acceptable, though I really wanted Tepig to win, but then I realize Oshawott given its record probably needed the win more than Tepig. Next battle Tepig is in, better be a win. And LOOK Tepig was upset with the loss/tie like usual. I guess that Druddigon loss was an animation fluke then.

LOL, when the narrator was doing his end of episode spiel, I was like "Wait, what about Cilan?" LOL best ending of an episode, since Ash, Dawn, and Brock forgot Gliscor in the episode where Dawn's Pachirisu got sick. Just LOL.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

A tied battle? An interesting backstory? Finally! Trip is interesting.

And Iris is afraid of Ice Types for that stupid reason? Now who's the kid?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But I still wonder why they didn't show his Volcorona, I thought that was Alder's main Pokemon.

they wouldn't show his main pokemon in his first appearance, it was only a flashback anyway... volcarona will be some big finale for him i think :D

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast