REVIEW: BW 029 "The Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 029 "The Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 029 "The Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ambipom666 View Post
    Anyone else notice the Route 3, Royal Unova, and Ending Credits music from the games? Don't think we've heard any of those three tracks before. Nice.
    The Credits music presumably debuted in the Rocket/Plasma special. I believe it played in a few more episodes, such as in the first Emolga episode.

As for the other two, I'm not sure.
    GAME OVER
    RETURN OF GANON

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ¿Mukuhawku? View Post
    The Credits music presumably debuted in the Rocket/Plasma special. I believe it played in a few more episodes, such as in the first Emolga episode.

I didn't watch the first Emolga episode, so there ya go ^^
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Route 3 has been played before.

I do believe this was the first time that the Royal Unova theme has been used? Whatever it was, I never heard it in the anime before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Actually, why have them or some other crazy pokémon at all in this episode? The plot didn't call for an antagonist beyond the other two monmen, TR's presence didn't trigger a change in attitude of the swirly forehead Monmen... it had no impact on the episode, so why have it?
    There was only so much the writers could do to resolve this episode's problem. Cottonee's main problem was that it was unable to control Energy Ball. It also had a difficult time dodging attacks. Both of these issues were solved in less than 10 minutes.

The rest of the screentime had to go to Ash and co. finding the Cottonee swarm. Of course, TRio was there to fill up the rest of the screentime.

Unlike the majority of the "love" episodes similar to this one, it was not a sad departure episode (Butterfree and Dustox). This was not also an episode that was tied to anything canonical (i.e. May forgetting to leave for the Grand Festival because of the Donphan issue). The Cottonee had no real influence on the plot nor was it a pokemon that belonged to a main character. The writers have no idea how to use up this remaining time without involving TRio in some way or form.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 30th April 2011 at 02:25 PM.

After watching today's episode on Cartoon Network, I realized that the iPad-like devide that James was using first appeared in Minccino-Neat and Tidy!. I totally forgot about that.
    Future!
    Universe!

Awesome ep! With every ep, I'm starting to love BW more and more! I really liked Iris' apple craziness in this ep XD and how Cilan told her that normal girls don't talk about love while eating XD (or at least I think that's what he said... correct me if I'm wrong)
    I'm warming up to Iris and starting to get used to Cilan's existence...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    There was only so much the writers could do to resolve this episode's problem. Cottonee's main problem was that it was unable to control Energy Ball. It also had a difficult time dodging attacks. Both of these issues were solved in less than 10 minutes.
    Except, the writers control how much time that training lasts, They could have just as easily added more training, make it more difficult for Monmen to solve these issues. The writers should have put more focus on Zuruggu in this episode battling against Monmen. And have them wrap up the plot simply by having Monmen show off the fighting skills it learned in the episode, which is what the plot called for.

Her Team Rocket brought nothing to the episode, didn't make the story progress or affected anything.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Her Team Rocket brought nothing to the episode, didn't make the story progress or affected anything.
    They always need to make some action sequence to entertain main audience. Also, TR is still listed as main characters of this show. Their want to show them more after these episodes without them is understandable.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    They always need to make some action sequence to entertain main audience.
    Which could have been a longer more detailed monmen v monmen battle, or more detailed and longer training battles.

Also, TR is still listed as main characters of this show. Their want to show them more after these episodes without them is understandable.
    That they're in the episode is understandable. That they bring no relevance to the plot, don't bring any form of entertainment, aren't even triggers for anything to happen, which by the way is my criticism if you actually read my posts, is not. I criticized the writers using them as a crutch, which is basically what you've just agree with. So why are you arguing?

....Jessie's Yanma, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Yeah, Jessie's capture of Yanma is the closest to them stealing a Pokemon for good.

I think we could of done without Team Rocket in this episode, but maybe that's just me.
    jessie just CAPTURED IT you can't count this as a stealingand I still don't even understand why jessie decided to send this pokemon in particular ?? why they didn't send seviper or any other pokemon thats more stronger ....!!?

********PIKACHU I LOVE U************

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Where did Iris get those apples? From one of the trees she was climbing? I missed that part, I think.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alypkm View Post
    jessie just CAPTURED IT you can't count this as a stealingand I still don't even understand why jessie decided to send this pokemon in particular ?? why they didn't send seviper or any other pokemon thats more stronger ....!!?
    If I understand what you meant correctly, Musashi used Koromori as that is her only Pokémon to hand. Habunake, Megayanma and Sonansu are currently at the Rocket HQ.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Except, the writers control how much time that training lasts, They could have just as easily added more training, make it more difficult for Monmen to solve these issues. The writers should have put more focus on Zuruggu in this episode battling against Monmen.
    What good would that do since Scraggy can only use one offensive attack, and it was an attack that was barely able to damage Cottonee (without Cotton Guard)? Scraggy can only do so much on his own. The writers want to keep it slowly with Scraggy. I don't see a reason to rush this either; it's not like Best Wishes is ending in a few months.

I don't understand what good it would have been if the writers chose to extend this training to the other pokemon in the party, either. Have Cottonee practice dodging Tepig's Ember? Or Oshawott's Water Gun? Or Snivy's Leaf Storm? Each of these would have only lasted 5 seconds each, and there was still an additional 3 minutes of the episode that needed to be filled. With such a basic plotline like this, it is very difficult for the writers to come up with something that will help to move the episode along other than including TRio.

And have them wrap up the plot simply by having Monmen show off the fighting skills it learned in the episode, which is what the plot called for.

Here Team Rocket brought nothing to the episode, didn't make the story progress or affected anything.
    The plot called for a Cottonee attempting to find a mate by showing its strength in battle. All of the Cottonee in the herd will impress a potential mate by showing off their attacks in front of the mate. Cottonee first did this by using Energy Ball, an attack it had no control over. The female Cottonee used Razor Leaf and Stun Spore on the male Cottonee, to show that she was not interested in a weak Cottonee. There was also a time limit to this, because the Cottonee's migration was dependant on the flow of the "Diamond Breeze."

This was why Ash and co. had to train the Cottonee up, so that it could impress that mate. Cottonee had very little control over Energy Ball, which the female saw as being an idiot or a weakling. Cottonee could not dodge any attacks, including those from the female. Cottonee was afraid of Scraggy's Leer. Cottonee had very little confidence in battle.

Battling two other male Cottonee in such a fashion to win his mate's heart was the best way to show off those "fighting skills." The main pokemon battling TRio to impress its mate was already replicated in the Donphan episode in AG. Here the writers are keeping it simple. TRio was only included to cover what little remaining screentime that needed to be covered for this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    If I understand what you meant correctly, Musashi used Koromori as that is her only Pokémon to hand. Habunake, Megayanma and Sonansu are currently at the Rocket HQ.
    yea thats because Giovanni is EXTREMELY GENUShe took all their pokemon because they may draw attention as these pokemon does not exist in unove and left meowth who is a kanto region pokemon that does not have a pokeball to stay inside :@

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I don't understand what good it would have been if the writers chose to extend this training to the other pokemon in the party, either. Have Cottonee practice dodging Tepig's Ember? Or Oshawott's Water Gun? Or Snivy's Leaf Storm? Each of these would have only lasted 5 seconds each, and there was still an additional 3 minutes of the episode that needed to be filled. With such a basic plotline like this, it is very difficult for the writers to come up with something that will help to move the episode along other than including TRio.
    Probably because Zuruggu couldn't do much damage, so it was safer. One false move and Monmen could have been burned into a crisp by Pokabu.

Quote Originally Posted by alypkm View Post
    yea thats because Giovanni is EXTREMELY GENUShe took all their pokemon because they may draw attention as these pokemon does not exist in unove and left meowth who is a kanto region pokemon that does not have a pokeball to stay inside :@
    Nyasu can talk and talk on all fours, so it can pass for a human.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Probably because Zuruggu couldn't do much damage, so it was safer. One false move and Monmen could have been burned into a crisp by Pokabu.

Nyasu can talk and talk on all fours, so it can pass for a human.
    "it can pass for a human"
    1 he's too short
    2 in the japanese version he keeps saying nya "talk like a meowth"
    3 he has a cream fur all over its body

even if this is the creators idea its still not logical.

enough of this cov that wouldnt change the fact....:@
    Last edited by alypkm; 30th April 2011 at 04:05 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast