REVIEW: BW 028 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 028 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 028 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!" Review Thread

BW 031 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!"
    During a battle against a Shimama, Mijumaru's Hotachi goes flying off! Mijumaru and Satoshi are unable to find it, so they undergo special training with a new hotachi...
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:06 PM.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Default re: BW 028 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!" Review Thread

Cute and funny episode! Tamagawa's great animation and Mijumaru's and Satoshi's interactions made me laugh.

The COTD reminds me of some other anime character...

y team

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default re: BW 028 "The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!!" Review Thread

The episode starts with Ash and Kenyan starting their battle. Ash was going to fight Blitzle with Pikachu, but Oshawott actually wanted to battle the Electric-type attack.

Oshawott screwed up with Aqua Jet yet again. He has absolutely no control over it.

Oshawott loses his Scalchop when Blitzle used Double Kick.

Blitzle's attacks are Shock Wave, Flame Charge, and Double Kick.

Oshawott tried finding its shell, but failed, so it went with alternatives.
    - It found a Joltik in high grass. Oshawott gets shocked, Pikachu uses Iron Tail to get the Joltik off.
    - Iris gives it a berry. Once again, it fails.
    - Cilan's Dwebble shapes a giant boulder nearby into a shell so Oshawott could use. Oshawott was able to deflect with the shell, but it was too heavy so he had to train with the boulder.

Oshawott was training by himself in the woods at night, and Ash decided to train alongside him.

Once Ash and Oshawott completed their training, they meet Kenyan and his Blitzle in the woods charging electricity so Blitzle could become stronger.

Oshawott battles Blitzle again. Oshawott initially blocked with the stone Scalchop, but it breaks when Blitzle uses Double Kick. Oshawott gained speed since he was training with a heavy boulder on his back, and used Tackle numerous times. Again, this failed when Blitzle used Nitro Charge to increase its speed even further. Oshawott eventually went for broke and used Aqua Jet, which again it could not control. It was only because Blitzle followed it with Nitro Charge that Oshawott was able to overcome his opponent and win the battle.

At the end, it was AXEW for found Oshawott's Scalchop in the woods.

Urgh, KeyHoleTV was playing up so I barely caught any of the episode >X( I saw a snippet of Oshawatt and Ash training at night and that was pretty much it for the whole episode! And I was looking forward to this week as well!

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I agree that Kenyan was really reminding me of someone. May have just been Morrison with Dent's eyes.

Blog Entries

This will definitely be one of my most favorite episodes, though I'm not sure where to place it.

- It has comedy in it.
    - It was a great training episode
    - Oshawott shows off some great personality. I just love how in BW004 it didn't want to battle Dewott, but in this episode Oshawott's like "No, no Pikachu, I'll take care of this" I mean seriously great character development in this episode or at least shows how much development Oshawott has gotten since BW004.
    - It had great bonding moments between Ash and Oshawott.
    - Oshawott gets another win

I honestly cannot say anything bad about this episode, because to me it was without flaws. Feel free to disagree but I don't care, I loved this episode.

Blog Entries

Was the cover to Dento's dish suppose to be a substitute for the shelld too? Judging by the picture I saw it failed as well.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

That was most meaningless "training" episode. That's what makes it a great comedy episode. I lol'd at Iris and Dent's idiocy about Mijumaru's problem.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

I absolutley LOVED this episode!!!

Oshawott was just adorable and hilarious as well! I'm glad that by the end he managed to get his scalchop back thanks to Axew and he got to win! Still hope they'll do some training to help him control Aqua Jet soon.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Was the cover to Dento's dish suppose to be a substitute for the shelld too? Judging by the picture I saw it failed as well.
    Yes, and Cilan cried about the damage too.

Well Cilan you were the one who suggested your cloche be used to help Oshawott. Of course if I remember correctly metal conducts electricity so that's obviously why it failed.

Blog Entries

Lol, Cilan is the last person I thought would forget about it conducting electricity. That's what Ash is there for.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

This episode was funny! Iris and Dent are such dorks!

IDK why but I really liked the CotD....

Dento shed a few tears.

The world's ending REALLY soon.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightStar View Post
    Dento shed a few tears.

The world's ending REALLY soon.
    I just wanted to hug Dento and Mijumaru when watching this episode.

They're so moé.

y team

Wow, this episode really made you root for Miju.

Nice after-effect of the strength training. Because of it, Miju was able to move faster and could even dodge Thunder Wave. That last battle got really intense for a one-off CoTD. I hope that guy appears again. I doubt it, but it would be cool if he did.

My favorite parts were the two moments of Dento and Iris just having a conversation by themselves and Satoshi was like "Hey, guys. Seriously. I'm still here."

Did not expect for Kibago to find the shell.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast