REVIEW: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

They really couldn't end the episode with her and Crimgan on bad terms, so Iris giving her the confidence to win wasn't a big deal. We'll never see her again anyway. When I saw Crigam doing Draco Meteor, and Dragon Pulse in the preview I knew Tepig didn't stand a chance knowing only 3 moves, and that Iris was going to give Emmi or w/e the courage to win. Ash was like whatev's. Pokabu seemed happy after the battle too.

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

-Iris being ninja for like the whole episode.
    -Kibago finally getting Dragon Rage down
    -Team Rocket being completely amazing. Dear god, why are you getting this right now?

This was alright, but it was just kinda alright. It's true that we've seen this episode quite a few times before. However, what I think really set it out was how very well handled Team Rocket was in the episode and some full focus on Iris. I mean, this literally was everything I wanted to see from the Rockets since like forever. Being serious, not stupid, but still seeming "human" (for those thinking they were robots) and kicking ass in battle. And I enjoyed the very well-animated focus on Musashi's lips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestia View Post
    I'm welcoming the Iris and Kibago development, but I do worry that Iris's development will be only Kibago-centered, which I personally think would be a shame.
    I'm thinking more dragon-centered, but if Kibago is to get to Ononokusu by the end of the series (or whenever we see Iris' village again, I'm assuming around the 8th badge), I'd think that having the main focus be on Kibago would be the point right?

I am glad to see TR remaining competent even though they never truly, "win," so to speak.

As for Iris, I think this is as good as we're ever going to get. She's never going to get a lot of screentime as some of the other characters but as long as she gets one or two eps like this between each Gym its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This episode was absolute perfection for the Rockets. Literally ever single thing they did was what Rocket fans have been dreaming about for years. I can only hope this finally puts an end to any goofy Rocket talk, because if you put black uniforms on them I don't think anyone would say there was any difference.

On the Iris side of the episode, wow, more awesomeness. I love how she helped Emmy train, and we got a great flashback of Iris at her village. It's also nice that Kibago learning Dragon Rage isn't being dragged out any longer.

Damn this show is awesome.
    I feel the same.

Best BW episode so far. Even the animation was great.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing that bothers me looking over the pictures is that this episode introduced even more stock-footage into the fold...James' little "attack pose" and Yamask's shadow ball shot I saw, like, five times?

Maybe it's me, but stock shots are really bad in BW, moreso than previous series it seems. The Arti Gym episode, for instance, was unbearable...
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

This episode was AWESOME
    Ninja Iris is Ninja XD --when she was falling down of the cliff i was like, ''yeah, now Ash grabs her'' but NO friggin Ninja Iris BACKFLIPS before hitting the ground, oh and the way she climbed up the cliff was badass too, also, i liked it when she focused and ''heard'' Axew's and Druddigon's Voices, also Mastering Dragon Rage was Awesome, blue fire dragon = WIN

also - Druddigon <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

*hurries to catch one*

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Anyone else notice how well Zurrugu did in the beginning of the episode? I know the battle only lasted, what, less than a minute? Yet it showed some prowess when it dodged Scratch and used Headbutt. I know it wasn't a very seriou match, but it really does look like our little pantslizard is growing up. ;_;

EDIT:
    Last edited by Karamazov; 14th April 2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Loved the fluid animation in this one! Seems as though the Roketto Dan was more serious than goofy in this episodes while it was the reverse in BW29...

Did nobody gif the scene of the Rockets dodging Focus Blast?

Meron well get to it when she gets to it. Or maybe someone else will get to it first.

Either way, just be patient.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

If the TRio keep using their jetpacks like this, they'll eventually run out of fuel mid-flight and crash into the ferris wheel.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Lol, why the hell was this episode titled Kibago vs Crimgan anway?
    Am I the only one who's absolutely not surprised in the least that Kibago didn't battle Crimgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hestia View Post
    I do worry that Iris's development will be only Kibago-centered, which I personally think would be a shame.
    Right now, he's developping for the both of them. Iris didn't really contribute to Kibago mastering Dragon Rage in this episode or previous ones. Kibago's growing but it's not translating into developpement for Iris at the moment cause she's not the catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Though why they chose Tepig of all Pokemon, I don't know. Personally, I would've rather seen Swadloon and have it lose than Tepig.
    Because it's a starter and needs to be advertised more?

Though... meh... between a bland boring fire pig and bland boring bug, I'll pick the pig cause it's cuter. The real question is: Why don't they give Pokabu an actual personality so that it becomes interesting, compelling and fun!

If there's any pokémon who should have fought Crimgan, it should have been Zuruggu. It'd have an actual reason for losing besides "This is an Iris episode and therefore Iris has to win some COTD has to fight Iris' battles for her and earn her [Sarcastic Air Quotes]wins[/Sarcastic Air Quotes] for her. Plus... lulziness would have ensued. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I can't see why Team Rocket wouldn't have succeeded.
    That's not the point Grave-E is making, at least, not how I see it. What I think Grave-E is saying is that in the past, the writers used Team Rocket as a crutch, something to lean on, a handy catalyst to make stuff happen. Whether it be capture/new moves/evolutions/etc. the writers often used TR as a cheap way to make those things happen instead of earning it and showing us some diversity and originality.

Both of which this episode cruelly lacked. Overall, I stand by my earlier assessment that this was a somewhat entertaining, but predictable and cliché episode.
    Last edited by Hellion; 14th April 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Lol, why the hell was this episode titled Kibago vs Crimgan anway?
    Japanese titles are stupid that way.

Realistically Iris had nothing to do with Crimgan's strength so I'm hesitant to even call it a win for her. At any rate, at least when (if) they do finally battle, using her own Pokemon, it might be an entertaining one she seems to know dragons moves well enough.

But now that Kibago has gotten that dragon rage stuff out of the way, let's move on to Scraggy learning some new moves!
    Last edited by Masurao; 14th April 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

I really didn't see the Crimgan vs Pokabu an Iris vs Ash battle. It looked like she was just guiding Emmy to help her learn to use Crimgan's full potential.

Also I'm pretty sure that now Kibago mastered Dragon Rage, she do more stuff for now on.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast