REVIEW: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

This was a great episode, another awesome Iris focused episode! :D

TR were cool as well! :D

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

Awesome episode, one of the best so far.
    Desumasu's Night Shade and Kibago's Dragon Rage were pure win.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I really liked this episode because it really shows the baby steps Iris is taking to develop her character. It's really subtle and gradual; she didn't kodome ne anyone today.

Edit: and the animation, WOW. I know this was an Iwane episode; but gaaahhh the attention to detail was just incredible! The little things, like Kojiro's eye shape, and Musashi's face in general. Just stunning.

And the trailer for the new movie that played afterward got me really excited for it. It looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    So did this feel like an Iris episode at all?
    It's more Kibago/Axew episode to me, although I do admit Iris got a good part in this episode.

As stated from some, Emmy wasn't much to be remembered. First time I saw her in the previews, I thought she was Fuuro/Skyla. Glad this wasn't her. I expect better once Skyla finally reaches her appearance.

Draco Meteor seem to be the same as DP's as I hardly see much difference. Shame Gible wasn't referenced for this.

Other than these, the episode this week felt like the usual generic ones. Seem they're starting to slow down a bit here.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    I really liked this episode because it really shows the baby steps Iris is taking to develop her character. It's really subtle and gradual; she didn't kodome ne anyone today.
    This. I forgot to point that out too!

Blog Entries

Lol, why the hell was this episode titled Kibago vs Crimgan anway?

Ok... undoubtely it was a worse episode than the previous ones. However, there are two scenes that surprised me:

SOOOOONANSU!!

someone needs to make a .gif of Team Rocket dodging the Dragon pulse.

pleaaaaase!!!!
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper View Post

pleaaaaase!!!!
    I'll make one once I get the episode, lol. Got a perfect text to add there as well...

y team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    ...so? Just because they don't pull this stuff off frequently anymore, doesn't suddenly make it better when it does happen.
    Come on now, what is Team Rocket's overall goal? To have the most powerful Pokemon and take over the world. They can't do that by twiddling their thumbs, especially if Giovanni is in "meetings" for the whole damn time.

I honestly cannot see the difference between how Team Rocket were portrayed in this episode than with J. In the end no matter the circumstances, J always got thwarted (well maybe technically it would be: failed) and she never was successful in her nefarious plots at stealing Pokemon, well except maybe the Lake Trio though that didn't work out perfectly.

So why should J get praised for being the best villain character in DP, when actually Team Galactic has succeeded more than her and Team Rocket pretty much acted the same way in this episode than previously.

So I can't see the complaint about Team Rocket. OBVIOUSLY Team Rocket can't succeed in their plans at stealing Pokemon (except when they are supposed to steal the Pokemon I.E. Yanma/Yanmega. Maybe later on they will and it will be a three episode arc revolving around the twerps trying to get their Pokemon back.

But for what it was Team Rocket were a hell of a lot more threatening in this episode than they've ever been. They had an air ship, they had an intelligent plan, and were only brought down by Pokemon moves. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that Team Rocket nor any Evil Team Organization are always supposed to fail in the end. I can't see why Team Rocket wouldn't have succeeded.

Blog Entries

All in all, I quite liked this episode, but the plot was pretty generic and uninventive. I enjoyed seeing Iris have more of a role, and more development, which hopefully is a sign that there is more to come soon (so far I've found whatever development she has had pretty slow). I'd still like to see her battle a bit more, but now that Kibago has mastered Dragon Rage(?), hopefully she'll be more active. Another positive point was Crimgan (am I the only one who loved its slightly derpy expressions?). TR were also great this episode.

On the negative side, I'm pretty disappointed with Pokabu as it really doesn't show much personality, plus never seems to get a win. Emmy was also pretty dull, but at least it made Iris more likeable in comparison.

I'm welcoming the Iris and Kibago development, but I do worry that Iris's development will be only Kibago-centered, which I personally think would be a shame.
    Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city who?
    Daisy.

Blog Entries

I'm sure the pig will get some more impressive wins down the line. I just hope it get's some more personality. It really didn't stand any sort of chance against Crimgan, nor did any of Ash's other Pokemon...aside from maybe Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper View Post

pleaaaaase!!!!
    It's actually Focus Blast from what I heard in the show. If I'm wrong, whatever.

Lol, why the hell was this episode titled Kibago vs Crimgan anyway?
    *gasp* I honestly have no idea. I mean, they never once rivaled each other compared to say Emonga and Snivy. *facepalms due to fault*
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Pokabu is cute, but I hope it doesn't appears in the next 10 episodes or more, lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    It's actually Focus Blast from what I heard in the show. If I'm wrong, whatever.
    Yeah I heard Focus Blast's Japanese name, so I'm assuming that's what it is.

*gasp* I honestly have no idea. I mean, they never once rivaled each other compared to say Emonga and Snivy. *facepalms due to fault*
    I honestly think its to entice the audience, to make them watch the episode. Though I am disappointed that there wasn't a battle though seeing as how Tepig lost, I almost doubt it.

@Masurao

It really didn't stand any sort of chance against Crimgan
    It only didn't stand a chance because it felt like two people were controlling Druddigon, while Ash only had Tepig.

I'm rather annoyed Tepig lost, if only because if it wasn't for Iris, I feel like Tepig could've won.

I mean I'll admit Druddigon is a raw powerful Pokemon, and if it was Cynthia controlling the Pokemon, even Ash's strongest Pokemon probably couldn't win (unless Ash has a Garchomp). But Emmy didn't seem like much of a trainer, she didn't have a lot of confidence in the battle. And so I was a bit pissed that Iris was giving Emmy confidence which resulted in the win.

Though why they chose Tepig of all Pokemon, I don't know. Personally, I would've rather seen Swadloon and have it lose than Tepig.

Which kind of brings up the question: Why doesn't Ash switch out more often. I mean if we aren't going to see Swadloon or Tranquill for a period of time, why not show a small scene of Ash switching Pokemon?

I mean am I really supposed to believe Ash is going to use Swadloon up until BW033 when Tranquill is being used? Sure Swadloon was seen in the Emolga training episode but even still why wait for the switch up until the very last moment? Or are they not going to show the switching of Pokemon any more? Did they think once was enough, and now who knows what he has on his team, untill he sends it out?

Wow, okay, didn't mean to get too off track, but still Swadloon would've been better than Tepig, especially if there was a loss to be handed to Ash.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast