REVIEW: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Hellion - For a guy who doesn't care about Iris, you sure seem to spend an awful amount of time talking about her. Are you sure you don't care about her? Maybe you're just in denial.
    Isn't it obvious? Gible is totally tsundere for Iris.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

I don't care whether or not Iris helped in Kibago's whatever, or that she did this or that to help whosits the Dragon Lady. I found her interesting in this episode. She amused me, and being entertaining is all I ask for. I used to hate Iris so freaking much, but with this episode, she won me over.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Axew's Dragon Rage didn't have targeting issues, though. It simply didn't come out of its mouth because Axew couldn't handle the power of the attack. I admit I'm not the creative type in the first place, but I can't think of a better way to solve such a problem than to try it again and again, letting the Pokémon gradually adapt to the strength and size of the attack. It's boring and tedious, but it's also a testament to how patient Iris is with her Pokémon.
    You're absolutely right here. I too can't think of what else Iris could've done, if Axew couldn't handle the power of the move and had to sneeze for it to work, the only thing that would've worked is using the move over and over, until it could handle the power of the move and use it properly.

And I also agree with the assumption Ash and Gible wasn't any better, sure Gible "mastering" draco meteor against Shuckle was fairly different than usual but even so it was sloppy, rushed, and came out of nowhere. I mean it seems like the writers wrote Turtwig mastering Energy Ball the best. Because at least in that case, the result of mastering was due to concentration. I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with Gible's mastering of draco meteor if it actually was practiced some time before Conway, but if I'm not mistaken, the last time was in the Grand Festival where it used two meteors instead of one. Then suddenly it shoots Shuckle out of its mouth and it masters the move. Seriously what the hell.

Anyway its not like Axew could do anything similar to what Gible did since Draco Meteor is performed differently. It's really the difference between Energy Ball and flamthrower. One is a ball that is launched from the mouth, while the other is beam erupting its mouth. So clearly Axew picking something with its jaw and firing, wouldn't exactly work.

So I really didn't see anything wrong with Axew and dragon rage. If anything, Axew mastered dragon rage because it saw Druddigon using draco meteor, and pulled some of it's inner reserves to not be outdone by Druddigon by performing dragon rage correctly.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Why hasn't anyone noticed the reason Axew hadn't been able to use Dragon Rage right? It was obvious. Iris hadn't noticed it either, so there was something she could've done differently. It doesn't matter now though. Axew did it correctly once, so it knows how to do it again.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

Evolve threw trade master Smugraptor's Avatar

I rewatched this episode, but in sub titles, and I have to say that I very much enjoyed the Dialogue now that I understand what was being said.
    Hoping for a great new episode every week

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    try it again and again
    Before this episode... I count 6 times... she's not exactling straining herself here. :D

it's also a testament to how patient Iris is with her Pokémon.
    Iris: It didn't work let's stop right here and pick this up whenever... that's how much I care! :P

given that she generally seems willing to battle
    When?

You say you don't care and that she isn't a detriment to the show, I know, but you seem to care enough to devote a weekly statement to her
    Well... her fans are fun people to wind up! :P

Nah, but this is my swan song as far as Iris criticism. I wanted the writers to show me something that makes me care about, and in my opinion, they did way too little of that. From now on, I'll probably won't mention her all that much. I mean, I don't mention the trees in the background when I review an episode! :D
    Last edited by Hellion; 19th April 2011 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Iris: It didn't work let's stop right here and pick this up whenever... that's how much I care! :P
    I think Sushi already explained it the best, as a dragon trainer she needs patience and has her own tempo. You should seriously rewatch some episodes to realize why Iris doesn't spend every single episode training Kibago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    When?
    When Iris tried to convince Emonga to battle in BW028, she kept saying to her how battling can be fun and that she should try it. As Emonga still didn't wanna battle, Iris even asked Ash to lend her his Tsutarja so she can battle Belle and her Chaobuu.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I can see that both sides have a point: Iris isn't exactly working in every episode to train her Pokemon. Then again, She does at least put in effort, she cares about her Pokemon, and training isn't always helpful in that situation.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

This is one of those episodes that makes me love Iris even more. I don't get why some people don't like her? She's so pleasant. She reminds me of May a little bit. Quite sweet, but with a little bit of Misty's ferocity thrown in. Kibago was awesome, but I always thought so anyway.
    I was disappointed we didn't get anymore girly screams out of Cilan. That last episode made me think it could be his thing XD

@Tsutarja The only person Gible secretly idolizes more than Iris Is Misty. Nuff said.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    When Iris tried to convince Emonga to battle in BW028, she kept saying to her how battling can be fun and that she should try it.
    That was her actual first battle... 28 episodes into the anime, first real battle against a trainer... that's how much she liked battling... I rest my case.

As Emonga still didn't wanna battle, Iris even asked Ash to lend her his Tsutarja so she can battle Belle and her Chaobuu.
    Iris: Ash, my pokémon are all defective! Let me use yours!
    Ash: Why don't you... I don't know... I'm just gonna go on a limb here and suggest... TRAINING THEM?

Iris leaves to go cry in a corner

My whole point was that Iris' pokémon present problems. Normally that's a good thing cause then we can, as an audience, A- see the trainer care and therefore care about the character, and B- the character can grow by learning to solve the problems.

Here... Iris had nothing to do with Kibago learning to use Dragon Rage properly and only used the attack 6 times in 30 episodes, Iris has a Doryuzuu that won't obey, does nothing to solve the situation and doesn't seem to care. She has an Emonga that won't battle and she'd rather ask Ash to borrow his pokémon than actually try to get her Emonga into battling... so... why exactly do people act like I'm crazy for not caring?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    @Tsutarja The only person Gible secretly idolizes more than Iris Is Misty. Nuff said.
    Crackfox, does that mean you loooooooove Dawn? :P

Wow, both of you with something a 3 years old child would think up. Can't handle debating, so make fun of the other party. How mature!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I don't want to see any more personal backlash from anyone else in this thread; whether it's in jest or not.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

EDIT: Whatever, I see no point in this debate anymore. I do enjoy Iris and will keep enjoying her character throughout the Isshu saga. Your loss if you don't and besides, we I just keep annoying the mods by this stupid debate over and over again.

No matter how much it pisses me off that you only see the bad in Iris, I'll simply give up. There's no point.
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 20th April 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries

About Iris guiding Amy through her battle against Satoshi - I think Iris knows the basics (I'm channeling Shooti here), but she doesn't understand how to implement them in battle through her own Pokémon because she's still too inexperienced as a trainer.

A little comparison - math students know how to solve an equation if given one (the basics), but they have a more difficult time forming one when given a word problem (the battle itself).

~~~

I didn't think Amy was that bland for a filler character, but she also didn't have any unique traits to set herself apart, either. I'm glad she received a little development as she gained confidence in her ability as a trainer. I'm a little surprised Crimgan was obedient toward her since she was just a beginner; plus, she received it in a trade (but at least it was from a family member, so it probably knew her beforehand).

I like the way Kojiro, Musashi, and Nyasu are now - showing personality while still maintaining their composure when their plans don't work. Desumasu and Koromori are really proving themselves as threatening foes; that Night Shade looked very powerful.

Overall, a great episode for Iris. While she may not have done much herself, we got to see her determination toward working with Kibago, which we hadn't really witnessed before. I feel like this is the beginning (as late is it may be) of Iris's development since Kibago mastering Dragon Sneeze was her first major stepping stone on the show. Hopefully she can move onto disciplining Doryuzu now, then Emonga.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I can see that both sides have a point: Iris isn't exactly working in every episode to train her Pokemon. Then again, She does at least put in effort, she cares about her Pokemon, and training isn't always helpful in that situation.
    Well she's not exactly a coordinator or trainer. If so then we would see her training more. But since her goal is Axew, then ofcourse she will look like she's not doing much.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112