REVIEW: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    Everything else was serious with them planning things out and not blasting off.
    None of that was any different from how they were pre-BW. They've always been less goofy when talking to Rocket-Dan members who outrank them or when teaming up with Satoshi and his friends to fight a common enemy.

Any "extra" seriousness from them in this episode is due to Hitomoshi sucking their life away.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 11th April 2011 at 10:32 PM.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    None of that was any different from how they were pre-BW.
    I agree wholeheartedly. They look same as pre-BW Rockets to me.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    Doesn't sound like a girl to me...
    Seasons =/= Regions

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

They... they killed the candles. :o SENT THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL!! Pokemon is awesome again. :D

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

To quote the Big Boo;
    "Ghosts....don't....DIE!!!"

But yes, I'm sure they're having one hell of a time.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

When I took a look at the episode, I agree that Cilan's scream is hilarious! Also, I didn't expect Team Rocket to "blast off". At least it's not a result of being exploded away!

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Holy Arceus this episode was dark. As much as I liked that, it felt really out of place for Pokémon. While watching, I was expecting the Litwick to realise they were being used by TR, for them to turn on TR and for TR to blast off, happy happy. The whole Lampent and Spirit World thing though...wow 0.0

I liked to see the episode actually referencing real life paranormal theories, with ghosts absorbing energy around them (hence the Pokédex and TR's laptop being cut off).

Although, it certainly was better than re-doing the DP Rotom episode, which is what I expected.

Also, Cilan's scream. xD.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Looking at this...why exactly did Iris call Ash a kid this time? It just seemed like he was exercising or something to me, yet somehow that's childish?
    At the beginning, Ash didn't believe Iris' claim that it was about to rain. He said that if it did, he'd walk on his hands. Inside the mansion, he kept his word. Iris said he didn't have to do that and he's such a kid.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    When I took a look at the episode, I agree that Cilan's scream is hilarious!
    I'd like to hear Jason Griffith top that, if he can.

Blog Entries

The best part about this episode was Cilan's scream. I love it when Pokemon gets theatrical. Cilan could potentially be very humorous.
    After all he has to have something to replace Brock's womanizing gags.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So here's my experience:

When I started this episode, I was thinking something was going to happen along the lines of the Rotom episode. Ash and friends are wandering in a house, there's ghost pokemon... it seemed pretty obvious some shenanigans were going to ensue.

It was unexpected to see Team Rocket so early, though they seem to look a little down. Lack of sleep, perhaps? Them teaming up with the Hitomoshi (moshi-moshi :P) was another twist. Those Hitomoshi looked so cute playing together, that I completely tossed the thought that the writers would make any effort at acknowledging the evil that bled out so obviously from their 'dex entries.

And so the pranks begin! Just as I expected from a ghost pokemon episode. Rotom gave me enough experience with that, but Dento's girl scream was an added bonus. XD

And then the Hitomoshi are discovered, and the group manage to grab one of the stragglers... Ash dexes it... I lean forward on my seat in expectation, and... it gets cut off. Oh, well... I don't understand Japanese anyway, but now I've become very curious as to what got left out.

People are disappearing... uh-oh... and uh, it looks like Team Rocket is starting to get really tired. Is that normal? Immediately afterwards the gang of Hitomoshi get a close up where their innocent faces suddenly turn sinister. Something's not right here...

More disappearances... the Hitomoshi are starting to appear less friendly than they initially came off on.

Judging by Team Rocket's reactions from what the professor told them, it looks like they were just informed of Hitomoshi's true nature as a soul-sucking candle. Oh, sh**...

Back to the main trio... they seem to be discovering the same fact as well. It looks like the writers aren't trying to steer away from the unsettling dex entries this time...

Down into the basement... and, lol Team Rocket are still willing to recite their motto even though they're so drained. The Hitomoshi come back, and they're accompanied by a Lampra. Ash dexes it this time without any interruption, and by the looks of it the dex has just given them the even grimmer truth about Lampra.

What the!? Inferno opens up a portal to the netherworld!? I did not see that coming. I'm reminded of the Dusknoir episode in DP now...

It looks like the ghost/fire Pokemon are so evil that even long-running enemies will team up against them. A nice tag effort ensues, and Pikachu finishes it by sending those demonic hellfire spirits back where they came from...

Hm... so that's how the mansion really looks, eh? And Team Rocket get away this time, once more without blasting off. And lol, it ends on a lighter note as iris predicts the rain again...

Now I just need to understand what they were saying. I'll watch this dubbed if needed.
    Oh?

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    When I took a look at the episode, I agree that Cilan's scream is hilarious!
    Cilan has the most epic scream in pokemon history and the most derpy running

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

Since finding out they were skipping two very important episodes I started to worry Rocket Dan wouldn't ever stop being souless robots.
    Good thing that wasn't the case. But still... I really really miss "hyper" Kojiro. I always thought it suited him and made him stand out more and away from Musashi. It's the only thing still bothering me about the trio now.

On another note, if anyone up to date reads this post... will the anime EVER make up for those missing episodes? It's extremely disappointing how they have so much build up for... nothing. It gives a very Kanto vibe if you know what I mean.
    I don't want to be spoiled so just a yes or not will do. If anyone ever answers this :X

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi Da Ze View Post
    Since finding out they were skipping two very important episodes I started to worry Rocket Dan wouldn't ever stop being souless robots.
    Good thing that wasn't the case. But still... I really really miss "hyper" Kojiro. I always thought it suited him and made him stand out more and away from Musashi. It's the only thing still bothering me about the trio now.

On another note, if anyone up to date reads this post... will the anime EVER make up for those missing episodes? It's extremely disappointing how they have so much build up for... nothing. It gives a very Kanto vibe if you know what I mean.
    I don't want to be spoiled so just a yes or not will do. If anyone ever answers this :X
    Hi! It's great that you're using the review archive but in future could you please only post in episode threads if you're going to review the episode. Asking questions about other episodes or commenting on characters as a whole isn't really contributing to the thread's intended purpose.

I may as well answer your question while I'm here: no one knows if they'll air those episodes or not but with episode N, we'll see Team Plasma in the anime anyway. There's a few threads on episode N in the main forum if you want to talk about it there.
    Karamazov and HumanDawn like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567