REVIEW: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

Default re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

So the japanese version has a pokerap now?

Quote Originally Posted by Makuhita View Post
    So the japanese version has a pokerap now?
    They've had one since Kanto. This is just the BW version.

But please discuss the new ending here instead of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander4 View Post
    How pathetically sad it was to have to wait 29 episodes to see the entire cast together and actually do something as a team. Still, a great episode. FINALLY glad to have TR back in an entire episode with the twirps, let's hope it continues.
    TR teamed up with Ash and co. earlier in AG or DP? I don't recall any particular cases.

This episode was super cute, for sure. Dent screaming like a little baby and then getting saved by Kojiro? Musashi getting saved by Satoshi? The TRio blasting off with fucking jetpacks? All awesome. This episode also kind of highlighted Iris' uselessness... Just kind of... But I liked the pairups :3 Musashi and Satoshi are a tag team, just as Dent and Kojiro.

You'd think a Pokemon like Deathmas would be full of nightmare fuel, but it's disgustingly cute. IT'S SO DESU~~~ literally. And the images of half-dead TRio are probably going to haunt me for a while. And it was nice to see Mijumaru battle seriously, as opposed to always being a comic relief character.

But I'm getting flashes of fridge horror. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HITOMOSHI (and the lampuraa, i guess) Did they just inadvertently just send themselves to hell? slash the underworld?
    How fitting is it that they're ghost and fire Pokemon n_n

Edit: Does anyone know what the heck Dent is saying when Musashi, Kojiro, Satoshi, and Dent group up? At first I heard "IT'S BREAD TIME" but I was like wthheck? Musa, Koji, and Sato are just talking about battling the Hitomoshi. It doesn't sound like "IT'S BATTLE TIME" (and the engrish would definitely sound like BATTORU) so the closest thing I could discern was "IT'S BLADE TIME!" (ITSU BUREIDO TAIMU is what I heard)
    Last edited by Aestivate; 7th April 2011 at 08:47 PM.

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

You know, this entire episode honestly should not have worked as well as it did. It was basically one big Team Rocket part. But damn, did it work. Oh man did it work. It wasn't amazing but man was it good.

-One thing I'm glad about is that they still haven't dropped Iris and Dento's magic vs. science thing with him thinking it was just the wind until he actually saw the Psychic going on.

-Okay, so...Team Rocket. Actually coming up with a plan, and following through with it, but they didn't count on being fed on by talking candles. And then they have a cool fight sequence with Satoshi and Dento and then they fly away on jetpacks. They also do their motto while tired and it's hilarious as hell.

What's going on here? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LIKE THEM NOW?

-And...freaking Protect again.

-Mijumaru did not get OHKO'ed again thank god.

-And then they find a nice tree to hide under, which they probably should have just done in the first place.

For filler, this was really, really fun. And fun is better than boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    Edit: Does anyone know what the heck Dent is saying when Musashi, Kojiro, Satoshi, and Dent group up?
    IT'S BLEND TIME

(coffee blend, Combining forces. Get it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    And Cilan finally using his Dwebble? Yes!
    What do you mean "finally"? He's used Ishizumai like three or so times now.

I SEE WHAT THEY DID THERE.

I wonder how that line is going to be translated ?_?

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

My favorite part of the episode was when Cilan screamed (like a girl I guess) and runs from eagle's eye view, then you see Ash and Iris following along. It just looks funny from far away.

I like how this episode was not just some simple child-like comic relief. They were actually in huge danger.

Good episode, specially in the second part.
    I don't like Litwick and Lampent so much, but I loved their role on this.

Nice to see Woobat, Yamask and Dwebble again.

7/10.

Blog Entries

Like someone else said, I didn't expect this episode to take such a dramatic turn at the very end. I liked this episode pretty much, and is it just me or did this episode resemble the scary Kanto episode crossed over with the Rotom episode from DP? We got some hilarious stuff such as funny face expressions and Dento screaming (I laughed out loud at the scene), and some spooky stuff when we learned they were actually sucking out their life energy.

I'm also content with the writers not ignoring the type differences anymore. In the scene when the four Hitomoshi attacked Meowth, Kibago, Pikachu and Desumasu, only one used a fire attack against Meowth unlike the rest who used Shadow Ball as if it knew it wouldn't work on a normal type. This makes me really happy because it shows writers actually thought about every aspect of this episode.

I'm a little annoyed that they didn't let Iris help out with Emonga, but whatever, she'll be getting her episodes soon. Wow, I liked this episode pretty much it seems, as well as the trio interactions. :D

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Is it me or does Yamask not give a crap about anything? I mean of all Pokemon you'd think Yamask would know what the Litwick were up to. But it was just there, followed orders from James. Which I guess is okay, but hopefully Yamask will take some initiative and actually do something on its own.
    I noticed that, especially since one of the reasons I decided to watch the episode was because Yamask was in it. XD Hadn't actually watched any BW episodes before this one, but I knew James had a Yamask and I really wanted to see it because it's adorable. I was happy when it finally started doing stuff around the end, and that whole fight was really cool anyway. :D

I get the feeling I'd like the episode better if I could understand what they were saying (I mean, there's a difference between just knowing Litwick steals people's life force and actually hearing the characters get told that), but it was fun anyway. Especially when Ash looked like he wanted to eat the Litwick... XD and especially the big fight with the Litwicks and Lampent, and the ghosts were seriously trying to kill them, and I was going "O_O CRAAAAAAAP" pretty much the whole time... that was cool. :D

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There were cases in past series where Ash/co and TRio worked together to solve a common problem. In this episode, however, it took less time. I also loved how TRio had enough gratitude to not steal Pikachu at the end of this episode. If it were DP or AG, TRio would have disregarded what Ash and co. did for them and continued with their task anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    What do you mean "finally"? He's used Ishizumai like three or so times now.
    The last time Dwebble was seen was 10 episodes ago.

It's good to see that the writers haven't forgotten about this pokemon's existence. I was sure that Dent was going to send out his Pansage for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I also loved how TRio had enough gratitude to not steal Pikachu at the end of this episode. If it were DP or AG, TRio would have disregarded what Ash and co. did for them and continued with their task anyway.
    I don't think so. BW Rockets are more "evil" than their pre-BW personas.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Good episode. The ending kind of reminded me of Poltergeist (too bad the mansion didn't completely collapse on itself and get sucked into that portal as our heroes fled the grounds, just to make the reminiscence complete).

Dento screaming like a little girl was also fantastic. Oh, if only Cabernet could see you now...
    Last edited by garrison-san; 8th April 2011 at 06:12 AM.

I wish Shauntal was in this episode. That's be cool.

I enjoy this episode. I found some horror movies reference into the episode, such as The Shining when Jessie stick her head into the broken door with creepy face, funny as hack. I was waiting for her to say, "Here's Johnny."

Aside from that, I was surprise to see how the anime was still following type effectiveness against pokemon, good job writers. This happen earlier in the series when Excadrill was immune to poison from Scolipede's Toxic. This happen when three of the Litwicks were using Shadow Balls against the Terps' pokemons and one of them was using Inferno against Meowth. Why does this matter because Meowth is a normal type, so he is immune to ghost type moves. Before Best Wishes, ghost moves especially Shadow Balls was effective against normal type pokemons without any problem such as Team Rocket's Meowth. The writers are putting more logical from the video games into the anime, once again good job writers.

One last notes, I found it interesting the anime were using Litwick's entries from both Black and White:

-Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

-While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

This happen when Litwicks was absorbing Team Rockets' life force. Pokemon Special/Adventures is the only one I know who use the entries from the video games.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast