REVIEW: BW 025 "Emonga VS Tsutarja! The Volt Change Chaos!!" Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BW 025 "Emonga VS Tsutarja! The Volt Change Chaos!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 025 "Emonga VS Tsutarja! The Volt Change Chaos!!" Review Thread

Emolga is soooo different from Pachirisu. There is no sense in comparing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    I said last episode was a favorite, only to be immediately topped by this one.

There was much more personality in the characters this time.
    I want every episode to be more like this one. It was so much fun.
    I thought of all of these too! Along with how awesome Snivy is. She reminds me of Haibara from DC.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Haven't watched dis yet, but I'm on it.

Are we havin a cat fight 2day, ladies?? :D *gun shots*

Any possibility of a higher quality version of this? This is just begging to be used as a Facebook profile pic.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Are we havin a cat fight 2day, ladies?? :D *gun shots*
    No, but we did see one bing the other up real tight, before one got punched by a flaming monkey.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Miju Miju View Post
    Any possibility of a higher quality version of this? This is just begging to be used as a Facebook profile pic.
    Uh, something like this?

"seasons change, people change"

I love you. Thanks.

The BW Pokemon Cast: Arguably better than the previous casts? I give my full approval.

There isn't a single one of them I don't like, and this episode proved that to me. When has there EVER been a female vs. female animosity grudge match on the show (for the Pokemon in the team that is)?

And freaking Oshawott and Scraggy. I love those two.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Scraggy's useless headbutts were awesome. xD

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Scraggy's useless headbutts were awesome. xD
    To be fair, it's enough to piss-off Pikachu.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Oh lord, that's awful XD
    The dubbers could have made it easy on themselves....
    Or they could have Cilan say: "It's time we put on the Thinking Cap."

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I enjoyed most of this episode is how the writers were willing to step outside their safe zone, and to that effect, create a storyline out of the individual pokemon belonging to members of the group.

Some people may have complained that the BW pokemon don't "have" any personality when compared to the pokemon that the group(s) used in the previous arcs. It is proven through the execution of this episode alone that the writers are more than capable of bringing a lot of life and vibrancy to several of these pokemon, if they are willing to showcase these pokemon in scenarios other than battles.

The main focus may very well have been the "feud" that existed between Snivy (who is serious and direct) and Emolga (who is carefree and manipulative, and also seemed to want to avoid battles). The writers have proven that they were able to make more of what appeared to be a battling or training episode at first. To that effect, the other pokemon in the group also contributed to the storyline of this episode.

Emolga's gluttinous nature has caused a feud between members of Ash's team, in a delicate and subtle way that it even took the "Master Detective" Cilan a while before he was able to reach a conclusion. That fight scene between Ash's pokemon was hilarious, to say the least. By showing Scraggy failing to harm Pikachu with his Headbutt, the writers also place some emphasis on continuity, which is always a plus.

For the first time in this series, we had the groups' pokemon interact with pokemon living in the wild such as Watchog. I have a feeling that these wild pokemon, whose vivid presence was largely ignored in previous series mainly due to time constraints, will become an increasingly vital force in the execution of many storylines in BW.

Even Cilan's Pansage was shown doing something in this episode. It was clear that Pansage did not expect to be sent out of its Poke Ball, and it was refreshing to see that form of comic relief apply to a pokemon other than Oshawott. I do believe that the only member of the group's team that wasn't featured in this episode was Cilan's Dwebble, and that in of itself is a lost cause.

I have a feeling that Emolga's presence will die down as soon as new episodes will air. Once the writers are done writing so that the acquisition of a new pokemon by a main character is justified, they move on to something else. Staples like Oshawott and Axew are there to stay, but I am not sure if Emolga will do much in the future.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite part of the episode was probably the yakuza-style gait of the Watchog, plus their goofy kung-foo moves.

Also, man, Swadloon's perpetual stoner-look really got to me in this episode. Sure, I'll admit, it doesn't have much to it, but it's one of those Pokemon whose looks alone tickle me.

Blog Entries

This episode was funny as hell!!!!

I love how Emolga is suck a manipulative bitch starting sll kinds od drama! Best parts were the brawl between Oshawott, Tepig, Scraggy, and Swadloon! Lol Pikachu gets his ass kicked trying to break it up and Axew is just freaking out XD I also loved that scene when Emolga tricked Oshawott and Axew into thinking the Watchog were mean to her! Oshawott you are so awesome!
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Finally caught up with BW. What better way to celebrate than post for the first time in months? XD
    Which means I skipped a lot of study time (college </3)

I'm calling best series ever already, if only because of this episode (and as a whole, Mijumaru and Dent x]).

Tsutarja and Emonga? Once they start being bff siztuhs, them boys are going to eat their shit. Seriously, don't fuck with the ladies, especially ones as badass as these two. One thing I also love is how amazingly different each Pokemon's personalities are.

I likened Tsutarja to Jukain and I was like, oh, another fully evolved badass Tsutarja. But man, Tsutarja is so much cooler with her classy attitude. If I could understand Pokemon-speak, I'm sure she was saying "SIT THE FUCK DOWN, BITCH. BOW TO ME."

(cookie points to who got the reference) And Emonga is such a little gold-digger. For all of her utter maneater bitchiness, she is fucking awesome.

Obligatory needs moar Yanappu.

But um, how about all of the dudes? That is some sausage fest; which makes the female dominance of Emonga and Tsutarja to be much more awesome. And Hatoboh too, I guess, but she isn't much of a diva and is therefore so much more boring, lol.

Mijumaru gets me. Every time.
    Example of a precocious water starter that likes being out of its ball done right :p

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast