Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Omg! NIIIICE EPISODE! I didn't get to see it from the beginning, but.. OMFG! DID YOU SEE EXCADRILL?! ITS A MALE! xDDD
Bel's failure to catch Emonga was amusing, poor Chirami and at the same time, poor Emonga, she was absolutely terrified of Bel. I don't blame her, I'd be freaked out too. I adored this episode, its nice change to see someone other than Ash getting lost in a forest and having a moment with a Pokemon. The part at the lake, with her and Kibago. Adorable. Absolutely adorable. Those Kokomori sure were a vindictive group, weren't they. I hope it and its evolutions don't become the Beedrill, Ariados and Spearow of Unova :|
Last edited by Kaitou Kid; 24th March 2011 at 11:43 AM.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face."
The Emolga only befriended Iris' Axew when they crossed paths after Axew lost its apple. Emolga found that if she gave her apple to Axew, that Iris would give her some of the group's apples.
Meanwhile, Bianca wanted to capture this Emolga and sent out her Minccino to do so multiple times. The chase of this Emolga was between Iris/Axew (who wanted to thank Emolga for giving Axew its apple) and Bianca (who wants to catch it). Eventually, the chase led to a separation between Iris, Axew, and Emolga (who were cornered in a forest full of Swoobat).
Meanwhile, Ash, Cilan, and Bianca (as well as Bianca's pokemon) try to find Iris and Emolga. Bianca leads the group into trouble because her pokemon's attacks caused trouble with Scolipede and Galvantula. Ash and co. come to their rescue.
Iris catches Emolga after the time they spent together. Emolga left the group at first, but came back when Iris presented a bowl of apples for dinner. Emolga really wants to be with Iris, not because it has any sort of feeling for her, but rather to eat her apples.
Oshawott really did a lot this episode. He came out of its Poke Ball all by himself to eat some of Iris' apples. Then, Oshawott came out to protect Minccino from Emolga's Attract. Oshawott send itself out a third time to battle the Swoobat on Emolga's behalf (still having a crush on Emolga). Oshawott screwed up there as usual.
Another interesting fact- Iris' Excadrill is male (when Emolga used Attract on the swarm of Swoobat, Excadrill [who was sent out but remained in its dormant state] surprisingly became infatuated).
The subject of Professor Oak's Live Caster is Patrat.
Finally a good Iris-centered episode that truely centeres around Iris.
Excadrill once again did next to nothing, in fact I think the writers are trolling us:
She uses it, nothing happens. The sitation get worse because there are female Kokoromori and it moves...."yes! It finally does something!" ( you think)...but...no, it just fell in love...so, in the end...we finally got to see a different site of Exadrill as well! :p
I wasn't too fond of the idea of Iris getting Emonga, but I really like it. While Attract is overused in the anime already Emonga uses it different in comparison to Tsutarja, so I'm fine with that and Emonga as a character of course.
Many cool Pokémon, lots of funny scenes, Bell ( of course) and Iris doing something....great episode! ^^
Yeah, Mijumaru's unanswered love for Emonga was entertaining as well, but I'd prefer another, not as overused Pokémon to fell in love with Emonga.
Zuruggu? Maybe Pokabu, to give it screentime besides gym battles? Yanapp?
I guess Mijumaru works best for situations like this, but still...
Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 24th March 2011 at 05:42 AM.
Did those three Minezumi at the beginning of the episode scream TRio to anyone else? It felt like they were being their stand-ins.
I really enjoyed the episode. Bel got on my nervs, but it was nice to get some Iris focus and see her bond with Emonga. Loved finally seeing some Kokoromori, and especially that attract scene with Doryuzu. XD
Not a bad episode. It was pretty fun despite Keyhole lagging horribly, and Bianca screwing Ash, and Dento over was good for a chuckle. Not sure how I feel about Iris' Emonga yet...I just hope it does more than just spam attract. Excadrill falling for attract was somewhat amusing as well.
Mijumaru once again get's more screentime, and well it looks like he'll get even more next episode. Meh, oh well.
Last edited by Tsutarja; 24th March 2011 at 05:48 AM.
Ok, quick rundown:
- The teaser starts with a group of Patrat collecting apples from a tree. However, once they've got them an Emolga appears by pretending to fall in front of them, then uses Attract on the lot of them and takes every apple. Great moment as the infatuated Patrat cheer, then snap out of it and realise they've given away all their food.
- The gang, plus Bianca, have breakfast and Axew is given an apple by Iris. It rolls away and is picked up by Emolga.
- Oshawott pops out his ball, because that's funny... right?
- Axew and Iris catch up. Emolga realises that if it puts on a show of kindness and gives Axew the one apple back, Iris might give it all the apples she's carrying.
- Just as Axew and Emolga start to make friends, Bianca runs up entranced by the cute Pokémon... she's probably decided she's already captured it, she just needs to weaken it and get it in a Poké Ball first.
- Emolga battles Minccino and tries to use Attract which is stronger than Minccino. Oshawott gets in the way and takes the hit, thus confirming Emolga is female. Ash returns Oshawott.
- Emolga makes a run for it... eventually running into Iris and Axew again. The two start to bond, when Bianca runs up and makes another capture attempt.
- During the ensuing chase Iris, Axew and Emolga roll down a cliff into a forest where bright eyes stare at them... wonder what they could be?
- Ok, the preview of the following half reveals they're Swoobat. Thanks for the spoil.
- So yeah, the Swoobat aren't happy at being disturbed and start to chase Iris and the Pokémon.
- Meanwhile Ash and Cilan find the slope that Iris fell down. Bianca is determined to keep up the chase and brings over a giant leaf to slide down.
- Iris, Axew and Emolga take refuge in a small cave.
- Bianca uses Pignite to attack what she thinks is the tree that Emolga is hiding in... only it's a Scolipede. Chase ensues.
- Soon, she tries again. Now, it's a Galvantula. Another chase later...
- All the Swoobat use (what I presume to be) Supersonic to flush out Iris and the others. Soon they're all growling at Iris.
- Emolga tries taking them all on but is outmatched. Iris calls on Excadrill, who as usual comes out while inactive.
- Emolga uses Attract on all the Swoobat... which works on half of them but the other half are still ready for battle.
- Just then, in a huge surprise, Excadrill gets up under the effect of Attract (thus confirming Excadrill is a dude). Looks like Iris can use it now...
- ...and she recalls it straight away. Dang.
- Finally Ash and the others turn up and chase the Swoobat away.
- Later, the gang prepare for dinner and Iris pulls out an apple. Emolga suddenly appears, and Iris captures it.
- Live Caster was about Patrat.
Yeah, a pretty decent episode all round.
Like this episode, so much...happens.
- Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
- Team Rocket: 736 episodes
- Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
- Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
- Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
- Haruka/May: 197 episodes
- Masato/Max: 192 episodes
- Iris: 141 episodes
- Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
- Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes
So Excadril went from super epic, to lover-boy?
There were Swoobats in this episode?!?!?! <3333 WHAT HAVE I MISSED :'O
my bbys <3
Swoobat. >:D And they were so cool. I loved watching all of them, how should I put this? Spazz out?
I never realized how weird their ears are.
It’s a shame Bianca didn’t catch Emolga. If she did she would have had a female that could attract males as well as a male that could attract females. She would have made the perfect Pokemon breeder.