REVIEW: BW 020 "Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 020 "Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 020 "Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!" Review Thread

BW 020 "Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!"

Satoshi and Pikachu are training with Satoshi's newly-hatched Zurug. Just as they decide to take a break and have lunch, they fall into a pitfall! When they look ahead, they see the sunglasses wearing Meguroc from before! It seems as if it sprung a trap on Pikachu in order to challenge it to a battle, so Satoshi and Pikachu accept its challenge. However, a "water bird" pokemon, Koaruhi, appears and steals the Meguroc's sunglasses! It turns out that the Koaruhi is a prankster who enjoys messing with Satoshi and his friends, one after the other!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Default Re: BW 020 "Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!" Review Thread

so amazing spotting the sketches.

and the episode was actually hilarious and fully established ash's relationship with meguroko/warubiru.

awesome :D

will be getting proper sketch/screenshot comparisons later and will post about it when the project is done for anyone who cares :D http://sunyshore.com/other_art_bw.shtml

Last edited by sunyshore; 24th February 2011 at 05:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Seems like Pikachu forgot Volt Tackle. :)

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I LOVED this episode! Tamagawa's animation was amazing as usual - actually, I thought it was even better than before! The ducks were funny and cute, I hope they appear again.

And yay for Meguroco evolving. One of my favorite episodes.

y team

Here's my summary of the episode. Apologies from grammer and spelling, I was writing as the episode progressed, also you'll notice Pokémon is spelt without the accent about the 'e', my apologies again:

- Ash and Iris are having a practice battle with Scraggy and Axew outside a small town.
    - The two exchance a couple of blows when Axew tries to use Dragon Rage and it backfires as usual. The rest of the battle is called off.
    - We see a wild Ducklett watching as Ash's Oshawott pops out it's Poke Ball. Ash decides to send out the rest of his team when suddenly he and Pikachu fall out a hole that appears beneath them (Ash drops the Poke Balls when he falls, meaning he and Pikachu are alone for the next part of the story.
    - Cilan sends out Pansage to follow and Iris pulls out Excadrill's Poke Ball... yes, she's finally going to let the thing out after three months of non-appearances.
    - Ash and Pikachu finish their fall and converse with the sunglasses Sandile.
    - Iris sends out Excadrill... and it's inactive and refuses to help. She recalls it. Way to tease, writers!
    - The Ducklett has stolen Cilan's cooking pot. Oshawott's Water Gun is reflected back and Pansage also fails to retrieve it.
    - Ash and Pikachu have a practice battle against Sandile (this seems to be what it wants). Suddenly Ducklett appears and Ash Dexs it.
    - Ducklett reaches into Sandile's mouth making it lose its glasses (like the trailer). It then knocks out Sandile with Water Gun.
    - Now Ash, Pikachu and Sandile are looking for Ducklett. Sandile is easily spooked by a flock of Woobat, and Ash realises its scared without its glasses.
    - Another Ducklett steals Ash's hat. Sandile holds Ash back and Ducklett uses Ice Beam to get away while Ash manages to follow.
    - Ash finally encounters the three Ducklett, who have a brief battle against Pikachu and laugh at Ash. Eventually Ash is frozen by them and the three Ducklett all laugh... they laugh a lot.
    - Sandile releases Ash from the ice, and Ash is ready to have Pikachu fry them but the Ducklett fly off to their nest.
    - Ducklett send out a ton of stuff from their nest against Pikachu, and an umbrella falls on him as he uses Thunderbolt making him shock himself.
    - Pikachu is getting hurt, and Sandile frees Pikachu. The Electric Mouse is hurt, so the three run off.
    - Rememeber when Iris used to swing on vines, well she's taken it up again as she, Iris, Clian, Oshawott and Scraggy look for Ash.
    - Ash tries to think of a plan to use against Ducklett, but Pikachu's Thunderbolt is all funny. He decides to talk to them, and it seems they're going to give the stuff back, but instead Water Gun Ash in the face.
    - Pikachu tries to use Thunderbolt, but it isn't working. Sandile goes up against them.
    - Ash is commanding Sandile like it was his... cool.
    - Pikachu gives Ducklett some Iron Tail, but they respond by using Wing Attack on Sandile. Soon eneryone is fighting.
    - Pikachu is sparking strangely... and learns Electro Ball!
    - Iris, Cilan and the Pokemon finally catch up and tell Ash what Pikachu has learnt.
    - Ducklett returns and uses Scald on Oshawott, and Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt on the three Ducklett (meaning it wasn't overwritten with Electro Ball). Ducklett finally flies off.
    - At the Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy treats Pikachu and Sandile. Ash and Sandile agree to resume their practice battle.
    - On the Center's battlefield, Pikachu and Sandile begin battling. Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Iron Tail on Sandile... wait, that means Volt Tackle is gone! NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!
    - Pikachu is sent flying by Sandile's Dig and Sandile approaches Pikachu dangerously.
    - Sandile evolves, and we get a really, really cool new evolution effect! Ash looks up Krokorok in his Dex.
    - Pikachu tries to use Electro Ball against Krokorok while it responds with Stone Edge. The following explosion sends Krokorok flying. Ash isn't concerned, because it's not like he cares about it or anything.
    - Some final talk, and that's it.
    - Yabukuron is the subject of the Live Caster this week.

Ok, pretty good episode, but I can't believe the writers chucked out Volt Tackle! Seriously guys, what the hell were you thinking?!

Wow Electro Ball! Amzing !!!

Waruvile wasn't captured eventually, that's not fair :(

Blog Entries

Weren't Snivy's, Tepig's, and Sewaddle supposed to be in this episode or did I miss something? I thought their VA's were listed?

I love Scraggy, that was so awesome seeing Scraggy give Ash his hat in the end.

And new evolution animation, is new epic evolution animation.

Rather disappointed though none of Ash's Pokemon evolved first, instead we get some wild Pokemon.

Edit: I have to admit, Sandile maybe Krokorok, has "feelings" towards Ash and Pikachu, during the course I was sure there was going to be a capture, but it evolved and blasted off.

Blog Entries

I swear I could hear a "Meguroco getto da ze!" on this one...

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

I can't believe I missed it! I slept in and when I started to watch it was ending and 'to be continued' popped up T_T

Oh, and (for the people out there who are wondering) there was no Team Rocket in this episode... do you all realise it's been over a month since we last saw them?!

Blog Entries

The Ducklett's were pretty cruel yet cute in here.

I couldn't help but laugh when they laughed.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

This episode was kind of "meh" for me. I liked seeing Iris' Doryuuzu and the duck pokemon were cool, I guess, but the way Satoshi just kind of ignored his friends bugged me. Seeing Satoshi run around and have this whole thing with Meguroc and the Koaruhi while Iris and Dent search for him, wondering if he's OK, really rubbed me the wrong way.

This is also one of those episodes where the comedic Rocket-Dan would have made this a whole lot more entertaining.

I don't know if I've been listening to the Original Sound Best CD I got yesterday too much or what, but the music in Best Wishes! just doesn't have the same magic for me. All the new game stuff in this episode, for example, sounds a little too close to the music that comes out of the DS speakers and doesn't have the same "feeling" to it that the earlier stuff does. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but at the moment, I'm not all that impressed.

The Best Wishes! instrumental was cool, though. Hope we get to hear that again.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

This episode was freaking hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at the Koaruhie and the awesome noise they made. It was also great that the croc blasted off again with the ding. Very nice to see that now and again. Also nice to see Iris doing some training, though you'd think she'd actually try harder with Doryuzu. Just letting it out of its ball once in awhile isn't going to make it respect you.

It was also nice to finally see Pikachu with a new move. I don't really care what was replaced, just give me something new to look at.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Oh, and (for the people out there who are wondering) there was no Team Rocket in this episode... do you all realise it's been over a month since we last saw them?!
    It's weird when you realize that they haven't been in the episodes, but... things just seem to flow better without them involved. Like you can actually have a full episode without time being taken away to squeeze them into it.

Anyway, I liked the episode. The ducks were both cute and annoying at the same time, and I like that they did a new visual for evolutions instead of the generic white light.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    but the way Satoshi just kind of ignored his friends bugged me.
    Well Ash was the only one who was in danger, plus I think Sandile distracted him because it was the Sunglasses one.

Seeing Satoshi run around and have this whole thing with Meguroc and the Koaruhi while Iris and Dent search for him, wondering if he's OK, really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I can see why, since Ash made no mention of them, but still events did preoccupy his mind. He probably would've been more worried about Iris and Cilan if they were the ones in danger.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast