REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    she doesn't want to take any shortcuts to improve her Axew's strength, that she wishes to take things the natural way.
    The Natural Way? Since when is doing nothing the natural way? :P

I just feel the jewel parts really didn't serve any purpose, especially not in this episode where there were a lot of things to go through (introducing Cabernet, introducing the mechanics of being a sommelier and the battles).

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Oh...the cool pose Yanappu is in during Cabernet's fantasy spot...is that supposed to be a parody of a certain anime? I swear I've seen that exact same pose before, but I can't quite place it. Anyone else got it?

someone in the dark
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    I was honestly totally okay with the battle being one-sided because 1) Cabernet did trick and mess with Satoshi for the first part of the episode so she totally deserved it, 2) she lied about her Class and 3) Dento is above her in Class and completely outsmarted her.
    Here's the thing, though - the first half of the episode set her up as such a miserable failure that she wound up becoming the underdog of the scenario (IMO). It wasn't quite apar with, say Ursula being knocked off her perch by Dawn since, unlike Ursula, Cabernet barely had a leg to stand on to begin with. Anything that happened in that battle between her and Dento just felt like rubbing salt into the wound. That's why I kind of wanted her to win. :P

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Going to have to echo everybody's sentiments that, yes, Carbanet was indeed a very entertaining character. Along with Belle, that's two wacky rival gals to look forward to in the future, and I, for one, welcome that. Hell, I hope they meet at some point.

Definate highlight for me was how she seriously intended to lick Tsutarja, even going so far as uttering 'TASTY' (in english!) as she loomed over the snide one. That girl's definately a few spices short of a Pansage.
    Last edited by Grave-E; 17th February 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Whipping Up a Wind Scar! CrazyYanmega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
    Woo! I've been looking foward to this episode, and by consequence, the pictures!

Okie-doke, Cilan's giving the girl what she wants.
    MorpheusShipper for all of time!!!

Tsunderes make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Depends if you want the cyber worm, the anti-centipede or the decaying chicken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    The Natural Way? Since when is doing nothing the natural way? :P
    And there you go again, such a child.
    So you're saying that Iris isn't doing anything? I'm beginning to doubt that you've actually watched all the BW episodes, because if you've watched them you'd have seen that Iris actually are taking it easy with the training with Axew, she doesn't want to push Axew too much. And by declining that Dragon Jewel she's going the natural way with training Axew, do you get it? >P
    Also two of the BW episodes are actually dedicated to her(BW2&9), have you seen those episodes? Have you also seen BW14? Iris and Dento argued about the mystery in the museum, and in BW18 she was going with Ash and Burgh to live as a Sewaddle. Then there are BW17 where she is battling Ash's Zuruggu. We have BW3 where she is saving Ash.
    I don't know why you're hating Iris, because she's actually contributing in the show. But please, stop complaining about Iris doesn't do anything. It's just annoying. :S

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Here's the thing, though - the first half of the episode set her up as such a miserable failure that she wound up becoming the underdog of the scenario (IMO). It wasn't quite apar with, say Ursula being knocked off her perch by Dawn since, unlike Ursula, Cabernet barely had a leg to stand on to begin with. Anything that happened in that battle between her and Dento just felt like rubbing salt into the wound. That's why I kind of wanted her to win. :P
    I really get where you're coming from (getting attacked by 2 or 3 of Satoshi's Pokemon would have been enough but all 6 was pretty overkill), but I just really think this was a much more applicable situation for Dento to win in.

She needs more fabulous practice anyway :D

Blog Entries

Good Points
    • Cabernet's crazy self was very entertaining; she gives off Ursula vibes.

• Dento gives more details about Pokémon sommeliering.

Bad Points
    • Iris didn't do very much.

• The battle should have lasted longer and involved more sparkles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    A thought has just entered my mind - what if Dewott was Cabernet's starter Pokémon and she challenged Dent to a gym battle but lost (contrast to Ash defeating Dent with Oshawott). She then could have given up her goal to become a Pokémon Master so that she could become a Pokémon Sommelier, but is ticked that the gym leader who defeated her is also one. It would explain how she knows him and why she's angry.
    Well...the first part was right.

Iris looking at the jewelery was nice and all, but like Hellion said, it had no significance. If she bought a piece of jewelry that appeared in subsequent episodes, I would have been fine with that (if you've watched Avatar: the Last Airbender, Zuko once found Katara's necklace and taunted her with it...the same could be done with Iris and Rocket-dan or Plasma-dan).

Yay for Dento providing some information about Pokémon Sommeliering. Rank order: S, A, B, C - Dento is A, while Cabernet is C. Hopefully this means Dento will work toward upgrading to S by the end of the saga.

Cabernet provides back alley...sommeliering? xD I guess it is common for sommeliers to smell and taste Pokémon. HAHA at Cabernet almost licking Tsutarja. Pokabu going, "Poka.....Poka.....kabu!" while smiling was hilarious. I never noticed its tail glowing while performing Ember before. I assume she's pretty much saying, "All your Pokémon suck! >:P"

YES! Dento going "MWAHAHAHA!" made my day. Oh ho ho, so Cabernet did earn the badge...and here comes her sparkle face. xD Dento defends Satoshi...how sweet. I love how he just keeps smiling while Cabernet's, like, seething. xD

Iris, why the -_- face? It's funny, though. Cabernet sends out Futuchimaru; therefore, Dento will obviously use...Ishizumai?! Like type advantages ever mattered in this show, anyways. Tasting time x 2! Whoa...random lightning illuminating Dento's face.

Water Pulse's animation rocks...but it's not enough to bring Ishizumai down! Wait...one X-Scissor and Futachimaru faints? That's a bit lame. Wood Horn has lovely animation while Meghorn's improved. HAHA at the twinkle in Dento's eye. SolarBeam vs. Megahorn, and the winner is...Yanappu!

The battle was okay, but Dento being nearly invincible right now worries me a bit. I think if Cabernet returns, she will have improved and might even beat Dento. After seeing her exit, I think chances of a second appearance are high. The way the episode ended, it feels like loose ends still need tying, and what better way to do that than bring Cabernet back? Also, I think she might appear in the league if she's still going for gym badges.

I think I would have enjoyed this episode much more without the two week break...most of my excitement had subsided by the time I finally watched it. Despite this, it was still a solid, entertaining episode, and I hope to see Cabernet in the future.
    Last edited by The Puppetmaster; 17th February 2011 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kojofuu View Post
    And there you go again, such a child.
    So you're saying that Iris isn't doing anything? I'm beginning to doubt that you've actually watched all the BW episodes
    Ha yes, the gool old, let's attack the person instead of the arguments tactics... Cause that proves your point so well...[/SARCASM]

because if you've watched them you'd have seen that Iris actually are taking it easy with the training with Axew
    Which looks so much like almost never using it all...

BW2
    Oh yeah, she did a nice job standing on the sidelines talking while Ash and Mijumaru were doing the battling and capturing in that episode. If you mean something proactive, then no.

Speaking of episodes, have you seen BW1, BW4, BW5, BW6, BW7, BW8, BW10, BW12, BW13, BW14, BW15, BW16, BW17 and BW19 in which she doesn't have an impact on the plot or battles?

Have you also seen BW14? Iris and Dento argued about the mystery in the museum
    And yet who sends out their pokémon to fight the ghost? Ash, Dento and Aloe.
    And yet who gets possessed by a ghost? Dento.

BW18 she was going with Ash and Burgh to live as a Sewaddle.
    Oooh more doing nothing really proactive on the sidelines... how could I have missed that?

Seriously, this episode is just another exemple of Iris not doing anything. Even the jewel scene, Cabernet could have come and bitched on Axem and told her that she needed the Dragon jewel, thus introducing Cabernet, but no. There was just no purpose to her jewel shopping. She barely commented during the battle, she barely commented before or after the battle. She made no impact whatsoever on the episode and that's a bad thing because she should be making an impact.

Blog Entries

I think that in these 19 episodes in the saga, you should have realized that we're not in DP anymore.

Thank you Internet

8D

This is an awesome episode. Dento screentime with Dwebble and Pansage, Cabernet's really interesting, and we got to see all of Ash's team too.

It's nice to see Ash's team defend themselves and Ash when they were being insulted by Cabernet. Their reactions were pretty funny imo.

As for the rest of the episode Dento was just full of epic awesomeness. So glad to hear him not only explain the rankings of a Pokemon Sommelier, but it's great that we could see a potential rivalry, storyline involving his goal.

I also love Cabernet as a rival. Very entertaining and I think we'll definitely see her in the future. With that said, I'm glad Dento dominated their match though. After insulting Ash's pokemon and going all rage with revenge, karma just got to her. I'm guessing we'll see her like this a bit more until she finally comes to a realization. And that's great because it will most definitely involve Dento development too.

Overall, great episode!

someone in the dark
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    I really get where you're coming from (getting attacked by 2 or 3 of Satoshi's Pokemon would have been enough but all 6 was pretty overkill), but I just really think this was a much more applicable situation for Dento to win in.

She needs more fabulous practice anyway :D
    I don't mind Dento winning this time...I just would have liked to have seen Cabernet's pokemon land a few more successful hits, thus demonstrating that she is worthy of at least some respect. :P

Anyway yeah, hopefully in the future she will become more of a worthy adversary for him - it would be cool to see her actually give him a run for his money in the "fabulousness" department (hopefully whilst still retaining her short fuse personality - I really liked that about her.^^)

It's Fishing Time~ JennaJayfeather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

XDD Loved this episode! I'll like it more when I can fully understand it though. The only things that bothered me was Dento's lack of "Mhmm~" and it needed MORE SPARKLEZ

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    That girl's definately a few spices short of a Pansage.
    That has now been added to my vocabulary. Thank you very much.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast