REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, especially since it doesn't seem that sommeliering is her career of choice and that she's just doing it to get revenge on Dento. I could see that happening.
    Maybe she'll be Nando done right.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Yes... shipping for jewelry... that has had such an impact on the course of this episode like when... or when... hum... I'm sure that it lead somewhere... oh no, it was absolutely pointless and took screen time away from the battle.
    And yes, it had an impact on the episode. They had to find some kind of intresting item in the mart, right? xD

Yeah, it's not a big deal, but still.
    You're always complaing at Iris, aren't ya? You're complaining because she ''isn't doing anything'', yeah right. The writers are keeping her in the background for a reason, just you wait and see.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I think that Hellion should make a post in his signature which says "Do something, Iris!" instead of complaining about her in every single thread. Oh wait, I got an even better idea. Why not do the same thing about the starters?
    Bubble Frog likes this.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

I hope the Dento fans won't shun me when I admit that I was rooting for Cabernet.

Don't get me wrong, this was an entertaining episode, but I did have to feel sorry for the poor gal. The whole thing just seemed to revolve around her being on the receiving end of humiliation after humiliation, and her battle against Dento was painfully one-sided. It would have been nice if she'd surprised Dento, or at least made him sweat at some point.

Like others here, I hope we see Cabernet again, since I like the idea of Dento getting a recurring rival. I just hope they don't give her the Ursula treatment.

Blog Entries

No, different people react differently to similar situations, which is my point. We saw all six of Ash's pokémon react the exact same way, when they're supposed to have six different personalities.
    Six people with six different personalities CAN react the same way.

Not everyone that's insulted is automatically gonna strike back and try to insult or hurt the other person.
    No but none of Ash's Pokemon fit that.

Smug arrogant Snivy would.
    Actually Snivy is the only one, who I can see not giving a shit about what Cabaret said. However it was evident that it did hurt Snivy with those insults. BUT Snivy attacked because if I interpreted the scene correctly, Cabaret was trying to lick her.

On the other hand, a person with abandonment issues that's always afraid of being abandonned is probably more likely to interioralize it and being defeatist about it, like he expected it to happen.
    I honestly think you're missing the point of the whole thing that was part comedic relief as well. It wasn't just the Pokemon being insulted, it was Ash who was also being insulted in the process. Say what you will about Snivy, I won't argue, but I'm pretty sure everyone else attacked Cabaret because they care about Ash, and they got pissed that not only was Cabaret insulting them, but insulting Ash in the process (attacking Cabaret because they can't speak human, is a perfect only acceptable response). But you might get lucky, and I might be wrong, but we'll need a translation.

As for Pidove, pretty sure it would've reacted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Calm down Dman. Just accept his opinion...he doesn't like Tepig, Pikachu, or the bug. Just get over it, and move on man.
    I would probably get over it, if it was something new and refreshing. Instead it feels like a machine, spewing out the same old thing every chance it gets which amounts to character bashing.

Because honestly I cannot see what the writers can do to make Hellion like it. Here we have Sewaddle with remnants of it's "personality" prior to it being captured, something Hellion didn't like, and yet somehow it still comes off as pointless and useless.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cilan just went up ten points in my book, using two pokemon that would normally have a disadvantage against Cabernet's, and still won.

That is proof that a gym leader does not lose his credentials and skill as a trainer over time.

Ishizumai's ability is also Sturdy. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Actually Snivy is the only one, who I can see not giving a shit about what Cabaret said. However it was evident that it did hurt Snivy with those insults. BUT Snivy attacked because if I interpreted the scene correctly, Cabaret was trying to lick her.
    That is correct. Cabernet was trying to lick Tsutarja, and she fought back by using Vine Whip on her tongue.

People are complaining about how the pokemon reacted when a specific person insults them? That each and every pokemon Ash has in his possession must always react differently when criticized? Nobody likes to be mocked, nobody wants to be treated like dirt.

The majority of Ash's pokemon feel the same way.

Also if Gible/Hellion remembered from the last episode, Sewaddle initially hated Ash but later bonded with him after seeing how far Ash went to save it. Sewaddle went from being confrontational to adoring Ash. It doesn't mean that Sewaddle won't attack anyone now and then; this was practically how it and Ash met.

Sewaddle has a personality, and even if it didn't, it wouldn't make a difference if Ash used Pidove or any of the other reserves.

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention Evil Cilan Cabernet used. That's got to be the most hilarious thing to happen in Pokemon EVER! It'll be much more disturbing IMO if Brock was here instead however. But that's just me.

Cabernet was trying to lick Tsutarja, and she fought back by using Vine Whip on her tongue.
    Other than Jynx kissing Brock, how many other situations like this happened so far? Licking a Pokemon is... wha? Pokemon licking Pokemon and humans (Lillypup's case) is justified as there's such an attack, but... *sigh*

They're doing pretty good things with Cilan. I'm just hoping Iris gets some of her spotlight. They can't just lessen their characters because they "don't like them" or whatever garbage they think of. It does not work that way.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kojofuu View Post
    Those jewels are actually in the games you know, and this was the first apperance of the Dragon Jewel.
    I know, but the jewels had nothing to do with the episode and she didn't buy the jewel... Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Why not do the same thing about the starters?
    Because they all contributed more to episodes than Iris did...

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    I hope the Dento fans won't shun me when I admit that I was rooting for Cabernet.
    I was too, Dento winning so easily was one of my pet peeves about the episode. Had they not wasted time on Iris in the begining, they probably could've had Cabernet getting a few licks in.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No but none of Ash's Pokemon fit that.
    Tepig does. After losing a battle, he feels down and is afraid that Ash will release him. Now you have someone who basically confirms his worst fears of being abandoned again and that he's not a good fit for Ash... What little we saw of him says he'd take it hard.

I honestly think you're missing the point of the whole thing that was part comedic relief as well.
    No, I just think you can do comedy while keeping everyone in character and giving pokémon developpement.

As for Pidove, pretty sure it would've reacted the same.
    Yeah, why have a pokémon be different? Let's all have them be clones of one another. This episode could have given focus and personalities to pokémon. Some showed some, Snivy, Zuruggu and Mijumaru were in character, others, not so much.

I cannot see what the writers can do to make Hellion like it.
    Evolve and release. :P

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Finally, did Cilan and Cabernet used Ash as a stake? Man, he's got it bad.
    what the heck does that mean? I am curious as to why they kept bringing Ash up before they went at it, but still..a stake?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    what the heck does that mean? I am curious as to why they kept bringing Ash up before they went at it, but still..a stake?
    That's just my theory, really. It looked like they made a gamble and wagered Ash. I'll have to wait for translations to be clarified.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At the very least the jewels are reference in the anime. To be more specific, the Dragon Jewel which is said to power up Kibago's dragon-type moves, but is consumed after use.

It was nice to hear that Iris would refuse an item like that. It shows that she doesn't want to take any shortcuts to improve her Axew's strength, that she wishes to take things the natural way.

Oh, man if I wasn't already thinking of Dento as my favorite character, this already cemented it. Normally, Dento's a nice guy, but when it comes to Sommeliering, he's completely reverts into Light Yagami mode.

-So we learned a lot about Sommeliers today. One is that a boy is Sommelier and a girl is Sommeliere like a Patissier. Another is that there are apparently Rankings to become an official Sommelier so I'd assume in order for Dento to become a full Sommelier, he'd have to get to Rank S. I'm curious to see how or if he will do that.

-Okay so Cabernet was a pretty fun character. I didn't like how stuck-up she was but I did like how outgoing she was. However, I laughed too hard when they all just attacked her like that. Oh Kurumiru. Your String Shot is always funny.

-Commercial from Dento: Pokemon Best Wishes....has been brought to you...BY THE FOLLOWING SPONSERS! (I can imagine him posing while doing this)

-"BONJOUR! TASTING TIME, S'IL VOU PLAIT!"
    "Hm...It's...TASTING TIME!" *sparkle off*
    I was honestly totally okay with the battle being one-sided because 1) Cabernet did trick and mess with Satoshi for the first part of the episode so she totally deserved it, 2) she lied about her Class and 3) Dento is above her in Class and completely outsmarted her.

-Yeah, given the way that episode ended, I'm sure she'll be back. In any case, we learned about Sommeliering so it wasn't going to be a filler anyway. Aw man, now I want to see Dento fight again!

(How many fabulous poses was he striking today?)

I counted... 5 or 6. Around there where Cilan posed. I may have overestimated though.

Blog Entries

Loved this episode.

Cabernet was insanely hilarious, I don't remember the last time a character had that much personality to them (in my opinion, bolded because people here are obsessed with blowing things out of proportion)... her "fantasies" over her losing to Dento had quite a lot of funny scenes. XD She's absolutely amazing, although I did feel really bad that her battle with him was so one-sided. But because of that, chances are she'll re-appear later in the future (at least, I hope so).

Loved her random French and Dento's "my vintage."
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Yeah, that was great. Cabernet and Dento's "My Vintage"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast