REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

My bad -_-"
    Well this could be an exception to the "formula"...

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Lol @ Cabernet's face when Zuruggu headbutted her.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

LOL Cabernet is freaking batshit insane! I think I'm going to love her!

Dent was so badass in this episode!

I'm seconding the hopes that Cabernet becomes a recurring character. It'd be nice to see another, non-Ash male member of the gang getting a rival.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Blog Entries

Loved the episode.

Impressions...

- Pity screen time for Iris. Writers this isn't the same time as having her do something...
    - Dento gives exposition about the different ranks of sommelier. My Gosh! An actual occupation and goal, with tangible steps and all for the male travelling companion. Hadn't seen that in... I wanna say ever, but Tracey had some Pokémon Professor related episodes...
    - Line too long for the real sommelier, take the cheap one Ash!
    - I gotta say, while funny, the reactions that Ash pokémon had to Cabernet's critique bothered me, mosty because the writers sacrificed personality and developpement here for laughs. Snivy and Zuruggu's reactions were totally in character, maybe Mijumaru's, but I would have expected Tepig not to coonfidently attack Cabernet, but to feel bad and scared that Ash would release him. Sewaddle... god it popped out and did nothing and then reacts exactly how I'd expect Zuruggu or Snivy to react, further proving that it's an unnecessary and redundant capture. I wish we could have seen something different, like how a seemingly dim-witted Pidove would have reacted or not reacted, which would have been funnier and original, but no, we had to have bland bug in there... Can't it evolve and be released already?
    - So, Cairo's fan fiction comes true... That's how you spell awesome!
    - Battle starting, I love how smug Dento is. He seems even a little evil while battling... (which would totally fit in my probably wrong theory that Dento and his brothers are the Dark Trinity). I like that he's got a dark side.
    - I like how Ash looked like he wanted to battle :D
    - Ishizumai kicks ass!!! Shell Smash's animation is incredible!
    - Pansage v Mebukijika was an ok battle, but a bit too lopsided.
    - Sunset scene with Cabernet, that's how you spell rival!

- - -

Loved the comedy in this episode. Cabernet is an hilarious character and Dento was both funny, intriguing and nice in this episode. Snivy, Zuruggu and Mijumaru were funny. Pikachu, Tepig and Sewaddle, not at all.

The battles themselves were a bit short and lopsided, but that's what happens when you waste time in the beginning of the episode following Iris doing nothing for two minutes. Iris, honey, contribute to the plot or GTFO! :D

Liked the episode!

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I don't understand. I know the whole sommelier thing was cleared up a bit more in this episode, but how do you get ranked as being able to sense relationships? If Dento is already rank A why is he travelling with Ash if he's already good. And surely they just do with the poketch friendship checker does.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    I don't understand. I know the whole sommelier thing was cleared up a bit more in this episode, but how do you get ranked as being able to sense relationships? If Dento is already rank A why is he travelling with Ash if he's already good. And surely they just do with the poketch friendship checker does.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sommelier

That's how sommeliers work in the real world, and they're just wine tasters. So it's not that farfetched for PokeSommeliers to be ranked and such.

If you watch BW006 you'll notice that even though Dent is good at his job, he feels he's needs to learn more ever since he lost to Ash. Remember he rated Ash and Miju poorly but lost. So he wants to follow him to learn more about Ash's abilities.

Blog Entries

So Dento needs to become a Master Sommelier? :P

Anyway, I'm glad we got more info about this stuff as well as the ranks - it's really interesting.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

And we know he will never become an S-Rank Sommelier xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    - I gotta say, while funny, the reactions that Ash pokémon had to Cabernet's critique bothered me, mosty because the writers sacrificed personality and developpement here for laughs.
    Yes because there are some people in the world who are robots and are incapable of being offended, and don't get mad, and THAT must be applied to Pokemon too.

but I would have expected Tepig not to coonfidently attack Cabernet, but to feel bad and scared that Ash would release him.
    Tepig you're the worst Pokemon. Pissed, upset, want to attack me and hurt me Tepig?

See my point Hellion? Cabaret insulted Tepig, of course Tepig is going to attack Cabaret, why the hell would being insulted and offended result in Tepig being afraid of being released? Honestly I think someone really needs to translate what was said by Cabaret.

Sewaddle... god it popped out and did nothing and then reacts exactly how I'd expect Zuruggu or Snivy to react, further proving that it's an unnecessary and redundant capture. I wish we could have seen something different, like how a seemingly dim-witted Pidove would have reacted or not reacted, which would have been funnier and original, but no, we had to have bland bug in there... Can't it evolve and be released already?
    GOD DAMMIT ENOUGH. This isn't an opinion, this isn't constructive criticism, this pure character bashing, which if I'm allowed to say without seeming like a mini-mod is against the rules, or at least should be against the rules if it isn't/

Dear Lord must you Bash Sewaddle every FUCKING chance you get?

I'm fine with you calling Iris a background character, since it seems like you genuinely want to care about her, but lay off the damn bug already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    The battles themselves were a bit short and lopsided, but that's what happens when you waste time in the beginning of the episode following Iris doing nothing for two minutes. Iris, honey, contribute to the plot or GTFO! :D

Liked the episode!
    Öhh, Iris is contributing! :O
    Her awesomeness is almost too much!!! ^^

But yeah, the battle was a bit lopsided, and I didn't really like that Dento acted like such an expert in the battle, he's almost perfect, but still..... DENTO!!! :D:D:D <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Yes because there are some people in the world who are robots and are incapable of being offended, and don't get mad, and THAT must be applied to Pokemon too.
    No, different people react differently to similar situations, which is my point. We saw all six of Ash's pokémon react the exact same way, when they're supposed to have six different personalities.

Not everyone that's insulted is automatically gonna strike back and try to insult or hurt the other person. Smug arrogant Snivy would, short-tempered and childish Zuruggu and Mijumaru would. On the other hand, a person with abandonment issues that's always afraid of being abandonned is probably more likely to interioralize it and being defeatist about it, like he expected it to happen. Someone totally oblivious to others, like Pidove might not even notice it, might not even registers that it's being insulted, which, at the end of the hurt-a-thon would have been hilarious, but no... it's junipered because of Kurumiru who didn't stand out in the least...

Why the hell would being insulted and offended result in Tepig being afraid of being released?
    Because Cabernet questioned Tepig's strenght or at the very least, his compatibility with Ash probably in the same way that the trainer who released Tepig questioned its strenght and its place on its team...

You know? Continuity, developpement...

Dear Lord must you Bash Sewaddle every FUCKING chance you get?
    Must the writers keep giving us more and more proofs that Sewaddle was unnecessary and redundant?

I'm making a statement that it didn't stand out by its personality by not showing anything different personality wise than other pokémon, or much of anything at all to be honest. There's nothing setting it apart from the rest of Ash's team. That's one of the things that stood out from this episode in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojofuu View Post
    Öhh, Iris is contributing! :O
    Yes... shipping for jewelry... that has had such an impact on the course of this episode like when... or when... hum... I'm sure that it lead somewhere... oh no, it was absolutely pointless and took screen time away from the battle.

Hilarious and intriguing episode. Seems it was Pidove that was sent to Juniper's lab as all 6 are shown this episode. Now to see if there will be any mentions of reserve switching or just have Pidove on a few episodes making us figure out which Pokemon Ash switched.

S-Rank Sommelier equals Master Sommelier if I'm looking at this right. Cabernet is C-Rank and Cilan is A-Rank. Cabernet getting the Tri Badge raises questions whether or not she'll participate in the Unova League.

About the jewelry stand, if the info says that the jewels are one-time uses, isn't it out of place to buy it for 200 dollars (if anime would get this from games)?

Dwebble's effect is Sturdy, yes? He's pretty lucky to have Protect work on it twice as it sometimes fail the 2nd time. I also enjoy the Shell Smash, it coming out of its shell to power up and power down (+ATK, SAT, SPD; -DEF, SDF).

The battle was a bit puzzling. I suppose I can let go of Dewott being tired and fall down even though it looked like its Shell Blade blocked a 2x Scissor Cross somewhat. Pansage VS Sawsbuck was, huh? I'm sure Sawsbuck should of shrugged off the Solarbeam but did Megahorn hit Pansage?

Finally, did Cilan and Cabernet used Ash as a stake? Man, he's got it bad.

Because Cabernet questioned Tepig's strenght or at the very least, his compatibility with Ash probably in the same way that the trainer who released Tepig questioned its strenght and its place on its team...

You know? Continuity, developpement...
    Knowing the writers, they made Tepig won against Lenora's Herdier (which still puzzles me) as his... resolution I think (don't know the exact word I want to use as of now) to be part of Ash's team. He did suffer losses against Trip and VS Lillipup so they expect us with him winning against Lenora the pig recovered from his past experience. If Tepig loses again, we probably would see him depressed again.
    Last edited by pharaohyami5000; 17th February 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Calm down Dman. Just accept his opinion...he doesn't like Tepig, Pikachu, or the bug. Just get over it, and move on man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Cabernet getting the Tri Badge raises questions whether or not she'll participate in the Unova League.
    I was thinking the same thing, especially since it doesn't seem that sommeliering is her career of choice and that she's just doing it to get revenge on Dento. I could see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    he doesn't like Tepig, Pikachu, or the bug.
    I don't dislike Tepig, I just don't think we've seen a whole lot of personality or interesting stuff from it up until now.
    Last edited by Hellion; 17th February 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast