REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

why do people care so much about who ash put in the PC? they won't be there forever. it's not some secret hint about some big secret something. it proves nothing and it means nothing. whoever is in there (pidove, yes) will come out later. the end of that.

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

But Cabarnet won the badge of the stration gym! So she has probably beaten Chill!

Blog Entries

Dent and Yanapp look like Light Yagami and Ryuuk in the picture. Especially Yanapp with his mean saucer eyes and evil grin. ^^

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Calm down, gosh, I just wanted to know who's in there. -_-

she said she beat chili. :)

as for needing to calm down i assure you i am calm, also it was not just your question that made me say that, it's just everywhere that it's some big huge deal. i guess i don't get it. :)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

They must really care about Dento to give him such an awesome animation. :P
    Feckin' Saved.

From the sounds of it, Cabernet had better reappear.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    - Cabernet seems to have lost in a gym against the "mean" Dento just as a young girl and she chose to become a sommelier in order to get a revenge on him.
    I think Cairo called this in an earlier thread. Congradulations, Cairo.

EvilExpressions!Dent should show up more often; it kind of suits this otherwise pleasant trainer. Next episode: Dent becomes a zombie, team up with Sora, and becomes an emperor.

Ash's Pokemon were wonderful in this episode. I admit, I really hated Oshabutt at first, but with episodes like these, I've really grown to not hate him. He's fun to watch.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

She beat Chili?

That guy can't get a break eh?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hah, I loved the look on Cabernet's face when Zuruggu headbutted her...looked like something straight out of Gintama, minus the spitting of blood.

Blog Entries

Woo! I've been looking foward to this episode, and by consequence, the pictures!

Oh, wow! That's a very pretty shopping centre! And a lot of the background people seem to have a Pokémon with them. A very welcome touch.

Iris seems to be having a good time. If I were in a shopping centre like that, I would be too.

Back with the boys, we get a diagram. Ranking of Sommeliers, is it? Detail is always appreciated.

Okay, so Ash decides to pay this Sommelier a visit. Geez, Cabernet is a pushy one, isn't she?

Eeee, it's Sewaddle!

Eh? What's Cabernet holding? Never seen anything like it.

Oh. Oh. Sewaddle thinks she's full of it.

Snivy's turn. Agrees with Sewaddle on this one.

Tepig? Goes as well as you might expect.

Hey, Oshawott seems to like her. Must be able to smell a Futachimaru's scent or something. Still doesn't stop Cabernet being all 'do not want.'

Oho, Zuruggu now. Won't end well for Cabernet. Aaaand I'm right.

Cabernet, honey, you won't be doing yourself any favours if you pass the same judgement on Pikachu. *sees the zapping* Told you.

Ah, I thought all the racket woulda got the attention of Iris and Cilan.

Looks like Cabernet has some grievance against Cilan. Things just got interesting, people! And I'm loving Cilan's 'but I'm innocent' face.

I'd figured Cabernet might've thought of Cilan as a jerk, but damn! He's a borderline psychopath according to her mental image! Christ, it looks like he and Pansage are about to go on a murdering spree! But I'm sure her retelling of the events is heavily biased and Cilan was actually quite polite about what he said. That dress Cabernet wore was quite cute, too.

So she became a Sommelier as part of her revenge? Not quite understanding her logic but meh. Oh, hang on. Something like she'd follow the path of a Sommelier and get more skilled than Cilan, then rub it in his face?

Formal clothes do appear to be de riguer for a Sommelier. I'd thought as much, but it's good to know.

I never realised that Deerling were small enough to stand on a table. Only 60cm? How about that.

And just as Cabernet returns for a rematch, she finds that Cilan's gone to travel the world with Ash, right? She can't catch a break! This would've had to have happened fairly recently. So she battled Chili instead and won, from what everyone's been saying. He can't catch a break either! First Trip, then Ash and then Cabernet! Then again, isn't it possible that Bianca battled Cress for her Badge? Nothing was said about it and she would've been fine with one Pokémon at the time (Chaobuu), so yeah. But that's neither here nor there.

Man, there are lots of great facial expressions in this one. Who's the animator, by the way?

Okie-doke, Cilan's giving the girl what she wants. Yay for seeing Ishizumai again!

Huh. Are the Sommeliers trying to outsparkle each other? Sure looks like it. And Ash is shouting. Lemme guess, Cabernet and Cilan can't make up their minds as to who moves first?

Mmm, a confident look suits Cilan. Very appealing.

Falling after one attack, Futachimaru? Yeesh.

Fuck yeah, Sawsbuck! And Ishizumai is switched out for Pansage.

Pansage Digs to avoid Horn Leech. Sawsbuck dodges the attack but oh, Pansage Bullet Seeds! Just as planned, of course!

Cilan has a fair few trollface moments in this battle, eh? Especially after Sawsbuck gets hit the first time. And I daresay Cilan started to get smug as the fight went on.

What's that silver, glowing attack used by Sawsbuck?

Ah, the good ol' fight freeze before Sawsbuck falls.

Aww at the concern Cabernet showed for Sawsbuck.

Looks like Cabernet swears she'll one day defeat Cilan. And he's a-okay with this.

I would've liked the battle to have been a little less one-sided. Yes, it hammered the point home that Cabernet hasn't got much skill, but it also makes Cilan seem a bit untouchable. So here's to hoping that he does get shown up a few times. After all, how else is he going to improve if he doesn't make mistakes and learn from them? Cabernet reappearing would be fantastic, though, especially if she does eventually win a battle against him.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

Hoping for Cabernet to beat Cilan at least once as well. Would imagine she would be sooo happy. xD
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
    Huh. Are the Sommeliers trying to outsparkle each other? Sure looks like it. And Ash is shouting. Lemme guess, Cabernet and Cilan can't make up their minds as to who moves first?
    It's times like these that I wish my alarm clock didn't crap out on me this morning...

But really? They had a sparkle-off? :O

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Ah, interesting. Already this is more than we ever knew about Brock. Of course she doesn't like any of Ash's pokemon, but I had to call bull when she said it to Pika. We all know that's not true. (It makes me wonder what their "taste" really is) Cilan has his own rival now, but she isn't even close to comparing to him yet. We'll see how that turns out. Now the matter of which pokemon Ash has on him is solved. We'll see how this situation plays out as well.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Wow, Sawsbuck appearing, now that was an unexpected thing.
    So they keep following the formula of "introducing two new Pokemon per episode". As this rate they'll rapidly go through the entire Unova Dex.

Blog Entries

Two? What was the other? Dewott was already introduced.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast