REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emboar View Post
    Cilan: Hello, I'm the Pokemon critic. I remember it so you don't have to.

:D
    Gotta admit it, i LOL'ed

but as Grave-E suggested, i would like Connoisseur being used, but ONLY if they NEED to change Sommelier

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JeSashi View Post
    I've been wondering if the dub was gonna keep the term "Pokemon Sommelier." I don't know how many kids would associate the term "sommelier" to wine. Hopefully they keep the term though.
    I'm an adult and I had to look up the word "sommelier" because I had never heard it before. ^^' I thought it was a made up term at first.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Cilan: Hello, I'm the Pokemon critic. I remember it so you don't have to.
    Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer to associate the term "critic" with Jay Sherman...

Cilan: IT STINKS!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer to associate the term "critic" with Jay Sherman...

Cilan: IT STINKS!
    Cilan certainly did a critical hit at Cabernet. he would be super-effective at that job.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Cilan: Hello, I'm the Pokemon critic. I taste it so you don't have to.

:D
    Fixed that for you.

So far this was my favorite episode of BW. Cabernet is an awesome character and I really hope she comes back. She could be the female Harley xP
    I lol'd when she literally tried to "taste" Snivy XD

Cilan was awesome as always <3 Although I'd hate to get on his bad side seeing how he was towards Cabernet o.o

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I realized Sommelier can work in English, but as I said - in Hebrew we have no word for it, so it's either translate it to "waiter" or find a better word...
    Well if it works in English, then that's what they should use for the English Dub. It makes the most sense and it's the concept that the Japanese team of creation used to shape Dento's profession and storyline. I say keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    How about 'pokemon connoisseur' then? :P
    It sounds French so I like it... but still prefer sommelier.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Pokemon Sommeliers are sniffing, licking and "tasting" like normal sommeliers. It is ideal name for them.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Cilan View Post
    She could be the female Harley xP
    Was I the only one thinking she was Barry and Urusla's secret love child?

Highlight of the episode as far as Ash and his team was concerned.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Cilan View Post
    So far this was my favorite episode of BW. Cabernet is an awesome character and I really hope she comes back. She could be the female Harley xP

Cilan was awesome as always <3 Although I'd hate to get on his bad side seeing how he was towards Cabernet o.o
    you know... i accidentaly didn't see that part, but when i heard about it, i loaded the whole episode again just to see it~!
    and it was worth it XD

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked the fact that we were introduced to another side of Dento...a somewhat arrogant side to him. I also like how the episode explained, to an extent, what one must go through to become a sommelier and the different levels. I actually hope that they explain why Dento became interested in the profession to begin with and if he went to school too (before this ep, I just figured he was a "freelance sommelier" or something). Wish they'd do that in general with characters (unless they have and I just missed it over the years).

As for Cabernet, I really liked her character. She's nice and crazed, just the way I like 'em. lol I still wonder how much truth there was including her first encounter with Dento. Did it come across as much worse because she was younger at the time? Was she just overly-sensitive? Was Dento, at that time, more arrogant as opposed to calm and humble like he is now (as he was willing to admit his mistake with Satoshi and Mijumaru, iirc). Anywho, I like how they were probably showing what a sommelier shouldn't do (with Cabernet), like literally "tasting" the Pokemon (anyone else feel it would've been hilarious if she'd tried to taste Satoshi and then Tsutarja? lol)

I hope that Cabernet comes back in future episodes.

Hm, adding on, I can't help but wonder how much time has passed since her battle with Dento given how she looks now, and how she looked then, yet, Dento didn't seem to have aged at all. Are the triplets really older than they look? lol

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    I like how they were probably showing what a sommelier shouldn't do (with Cabernet), like literally "tasting" the Pokemon (anyone else feel it would've been hilarious if she'd tried to taste Satoshi and then Tsutarja? lol)
    That would have been disastrous! Yes, please

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    Hm, adding on, I can't help but wonder how much time has passed since her battle with Dento given how she looks now, and how she looked then, yet, Dento didn't seem to have aged at all. Are the triplets really older than they look? lol
    Well, it was Cabernet's memory, right? Perhaps she romanticized her own appearance to make Dento look even more menacing. It probably hasn't been over a year though, in my mind.

Then again, the more I look into it, the more truthful I think Cabernet's account is.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

One thing I don't like is how spammable Dig, and Protect have become. Especially the latter. Within the realms of the anime it's a rather cheap move.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I loved this episode - it focused on Cilan and expanded on Sommeliers. Ash echoed my thoughts when the title of this episode was first announced: "Wow, so there are other sommeliers besides you"

I really liked Cabernet, and when she says "Bonjour! Tasting time. s'il-vous-plait!" , the cuteness levels are off the charts.

The only things in this episode I didn't like are Iris doing nothing and Cilan's battle with Cabernet - maybe if it was Panage vs Dewott and Dwebble vs Sawsbuck it would have made more sense.

Cilan gained super awesome points in this episode. He also said something with a similar meaning to what I want to say to the Psychology lecturers at the University I was at for a few weeks:

"The compatability between trainer and Pokémon is a profound matter, you can't make accurate tastings by following a manual in your decisions"
    Just y'know, with more reference to Psychology.

Great episode. I hope we see more of Cabernet.

And, to quote Cilan on the upcoming Cilan x Cabernet fanfiction: "I didn't say that."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    and Cilan's battle with Cabernet - maybe if it was Panage vs Dewott and Dwebble vs Sawsbuck it would have made more sense.
    The whole point of using Ishizumai against Futachimaru was to show that a Pokémon's taste is above that of type advantages. The taste doesn't follow set instructions, just like having a type advantage doesn't mean that you are set to win.

The line you mentioned wouldn't have made sense if Dent didn't go with that choice.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
    The whole point of using Ishizumai against Futachimaru was to show that a Pokémon's taste is above that of type advantages. The taste doesn't follow set instructions, just like having a type advantage doesn't mean that you are set to win.

The line you mentioned wouldn't have made sense if Dent didn't go with that choice.
    Maybe if the battles were longer it would have felt more deserving. Like, if Dewott really did get tired after a water gun, a fury cutter and a water pulse...then it's a crappy Dewott. Same with Dwebble vs Sawsbuck; it was too short for me to believe it was an accurate battle. Even with his Sommelier Sparkle Magic, the battle shouldn't have been that quick.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really dislike how they have Ishizumai use Shell Break, and he simply glows and "breaks" his exoskeleton.

The game makes it seems like he instead ditches his shell in order to get the boost, giving up his protection. I mean, that seems like it would make sense, but I guess they didn't want to deal with having to show it finding a new shell.

The whole Ishizumai vs. Dewott battle was kind of weird and stilted though...should've just called the episode "Sommelier Showdown! Dent vs. Cabernet" really. Kind of reminded me of that one DP Episode called "Ash vs. Pikachu".

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112