REVIEW: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!"
    As Satoshi and his friends make their way toward Hiun City, a brand new Friendly Shop ("PokéMart") comes into view! The trainers excitedly enter the store and lose themselves in the rows and rows of merchandise. For some reason, the shop has a certified Pokemon Sommelier who determines the "taste" of a pokemon and its trainer. Eager to try it out for himself, Satoshi goes inside and meets a female Sommelier named Cabernet! Satoshi presents his beloved pokemon to Cabernet, but the results of her "tasting" leave him speechless!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

I really liked this episode, one thing that bugged me though is how Dento the battle without a single mistake. I know that he's supposed to be better than her and don't get me wrong, but I would have liked if he at least lost one but this way he turns out such a Gary Stu. :/

- I loved seeing playful Iris at the very beginning, she really shows off her personality even when she does nothing. Now only if Kibago would do something.

- Anyone who says Ash's team doesn't have any personality needs to watch this episode.

- Cabernet seems to have lost in a gym against the "mean" Dento just as a young girl and she chose to become a sommelier in order to get a revenge on him.

- Seems like Mebukijika used both Megahorn and Wood Horn in this episode.
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 17th February 2011 at 05:37 AM.

Default Re: BW 019 "Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!" Review Thread

Cilan won his two battles, just awesome! Well, Sawsbuck was pretty weak, odd isn't it?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems Cabernet lost to Cilan in a gym battle and she wants revenge. Cabernet uses an Oshawott to battle Cilan's Pansage in the past, and lost. During the gym battle, Cilan also gives her Cabernet and Oshawott a "bad taste" ranking.

Sommeliers are given a "rank," so to speak - S, A, B, and C. Cilan is an A-rank sommelier (they can get better?) and not surprisingly Cabernet is a C-rank (lowest rank).

Cabernet wants to battle Cilan again for a rematch. She uses her Futachimaru (which evolved from Oshawott) against Ishizumai. Ishizumai wins. She sends out her Sawsbuck against Pansage. Pansage wins with Solarbeam (no Sap Sipper ability?)

Blog Entries

LOL, I love everyone of Ash's Pokemon, they're just awesome for attacking Cabarnet like that.

Also do the writers hate Chili, because this is apparently the third time he's lost to a trainer. Shooti, then Ash, and now apparently Cabarnet. Though Cabarnet has a Dewott so that could explain why. Still where's the super awesome trainer that beats Cress?

The battle was okay but could it be any more one-sided?

To be honest, I thought this was a pretty dull episode. Don't get me wrong, Cabernet insulting Ash's Pokémon to the point where they all attacked her (even Pikachu) was pretty funny, but other than that it was boring. Dent easily defeats a girl and then, years later, easily defeats her again learning nothing from the experience apart from how great he truly is.

Oh, and no Team Rocket for the second episode in the row. Sad thing is, I didn't even give them a thought until after the episode ended.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm so glad Dent got an episode to himself. He really needed it.

I liked how Cabernet, for no reason at all, would say "Bonjour! It's tasting time! S'il vous plait!"

And how, later, Dent referred to his Yanapp as "My vintage."

Hopefully, we'll see Cabernet throughout the rest of the series.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

They must really care about Dento to give him such an awesome animation. :P

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Oh, and no Team Rocket for the second episode in the row. Sad thing is, I didn't even give them a thought until after the episode ended.
    *Third. Fourth time next week.

As much as I liked this episode, I missed the Rockets. Cabernet reminds me of someone from earlier series... *cough*

y team

Blog Entries

I thought this episode was really funny. I was laughing throughout most of it. Guess Junki found a new tsundere girl to play with now that Musashi is gone. Also glad that it looks like we'll see her again! Yay!

I'm also glad Dento went more in-depth about what it takes to be a Pokemon Sommelier. Glad the writers learned from Takeshi.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    It's amazing how much better the show is now that they're gone. So nice to watch a battle without them butting in about wanting to capture the Pokemon.

it was purely awesome getting to learn so much about dento's personality. it reminded me a little bit of pokespe darach (moment of silence to mourn the tragic loss of the sinnoh brains in the anime........ ......) being very calm and gentlemanly and such, except in the heat of battle when he can get a little overheated and crazy.

as for no rockets...at least rocket fans know their day is coming :) but it is true the show is incredibly improved now the episodes can focus their full 25ish minutes on the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

They must really care about Dento to give him such an awesome animation. :P
    For this pic i juts can say Dento has EYES! XD

Nice ep hope Iris will get soon such an ep to show some of ep background story!

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    *Third. Fourth time next week.
    As I said, second episode in a row, but it was the third time overall.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

So did we find out who Ash left at Juniper's?

Oh yeah who is it?????? Pidove????

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast