REVIEW: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Mamepato's delayed reaction after getting headbutted was great.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Iris really should think about a breeder career. It's most suitable job for her...
    No, but I can see where you're getting at. I mean her 'goal' is to raise Kibago.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Just watched this episode and I absolutely loved it! It was funny, greatly animated and the Rocket scenes were cool. I know some of you guys hate Kibago, but I just adore the little dragon. He's so cute!

Bulbapedia says this ep was animated by Natsume, but it didn't look like his/her style at all?

y team

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Bulbapedia says this ep was animated by Natsume, but it didn't look like his/her style at all?
    It looked like it was both Natsume and Iwane imo. Mostly Iwane during the first half.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Shit, i missed it. I woke up at regular time to watch the episode on keyhole, but it wasnt on, i missed it, but it sounds like it was awefully funny.

Blog Entries

Watched the episode and I really liked it.

Finally a semblance of personality from Ash's team. Well... most of them (I'm looking at you Pikachu and Tepig...) Mijumaru was funny, Tsutarja was super funny and awesome (da sparklez FTW) and Zuruggu has personality in spades. Pidove's delayed reaction was funny, but still nothing that really screams unique personality. Writers, feel free to get working on Tepig and Pikachu's personalities anytime now.

Finally Iris does something useful with herself. About time. She's really the new Brock... she either does nothing or whips out medecine.

Finally, some progression on the meteorite plot, the Rockets looked mysterious and awesome.

I liked this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Tsutarja, and Zugguru really are fun characters. Definitely the best members of Ash's team.
    Agreed

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

She's really the new Brock... she either does nothing or whips out medecine.
    It's like they split him in two in the form of Iris and Dent. (no bash). Which is why I don't get why people ever called him useless, but that's another debate.
    I never really liked Zuruggu, and by looking at the screenshots I guess he's not too bad. But he's almost like (look wise and slighttllyy personality wise) croagunk. Oh well. I wonder why they gave Ash six pokemon by episode 17 though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    It's like they split him in two in the form of Iris and Dent.
    Besides the cooking, Dento is totally different then Brock, in that he has a personality. Though this was the first episode since he joined the main cast where he got less screentime than Iris. Though, I liked that he had the idea for the Zuruggu/Kibago practice match.

Which is why I don't get why people ever called him useless, but that's another debate.
    How many times did Iris use medecine so far? twice... In all of the other episode, except BW009, she was mimicking a tree in the background. Same thing that Brock used to do, i.e. only be active once every 10-15 episodes or so...

Oh and most people didn't call Brock useless, they called him boring...

8D

Probably my favorite episode in BW so far. I loved Scraggy's interaction with Ash's pokemon. Especially Oshawott's and Snivy's. Those two are just awesome with their personalities. I did like Pidove's delayed reaction too. I really liked how all of Ash's pokemon had a part in this episode and it really showed that Ash finally built up a complete team that can work together and grow stronger together. Really liked how all of them saved Scraggy from the Gavantula!

The Kibago vs. Scraggy rivalry is cool too. It's nice to see how they're both referenced as the youngest in the group and hopefully they can help each other grow stronger since they're on the same level of power. If Iris is the gym leader, I'd love to see a Scrafty vs. Haxorus match up in the future.

Anyway, Scraggy was definitely awesome and I liked how even though it wants to battle, it still showed that it was inexperienced and not 100% battle ready like other hatched pokemon. It really seemed like I was watching a two year old or something with the way it acted. Can't wait to see Ash and Scraggy train to get stronger. I think it's likely to see Headbutt develop into Head Smash in the future and I'd love to see some dark moves like Payback and/or Bark Out for Scraggy's future moveset.

Overall, great episode! Glad to see Ash with Scraggy and it's definitely gonna be an awesome asset on his team for the future. Not to mention, it's his first dark type! Yay :D

I really liked this episode. The interactions between zuruggu and the other mons was fantastic, especially with mijumaru's tantrum.

I am interested to see what moves zuruggu will learn in the future. Does anyone else think it will learn zen headbutt since in the games zuruggu learns that by breeding?

Blog Entries

I fricken loved this hilarious episode! Though I'm not a fan of Scraggy/Zuruggu, he was hilarious randomly headbutting everyone and just being a total dick! He was worse than Buizel was when Dawn introduced him to her team!

Pidove: Lol'd at her delayed reaction
    Oshawott: The moral of this episode...Never piss off Oshawott! He will destroy you! Oshawott was so fricken hilarious the way he freaked out, attacked Scraggy/Zuruggu, was restrained by Pikachu & Tepig, then went back for more! That was the funniest part of the episode!
    Tepig: Didn't care much?
    Snivy: Lol she was pretty funny! She jumps off the rock in style then holds Scraggy/Zuruggu in place with Vine Whip. She is quicjly becoming the 2nd fav of Ash's current team for me.

Speaking of Oshawott, here's another lesson! Never piss off a Gavantula/Denchura! That pokemon was mad awesome and ElectNet and ElectBall are pretty cool attacks! I am so gonna have one on my team! And that scene where Pikachu, Oshawott, Pidove, Tepig, and Snivy worked together to save Scraggy/Zuruggu was pretty cool as well! They make a great team!

I love the little rivalry Scraggy/Zuruggu has going on with Axew to, and I'm glad Ash & Iris finally had a battle!

Overall this episode was hilarious and it had several great moments! Especially thanks to my favorite little sea otter Oshawott!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

its a shame that i couldn't post it earlier... but this episode was amazing, i really liked Axew in this, i never hated him, but i was starting to get worried, but the writers do know what they are doing after all, Scraggy was also awesome! when he was ready to use Headbutt against pikachu i thought, ''That's gonna hurt!'', seems like i was really wrong...

Galvantula(Sp?) FTW! its really cute and strong too, Satoshi's team's battle royale was nice, but it would be nicer if we had, Pansage using Seed Machine Gun, Dweeble using Scissors Cross, Axew using Scratching Attack and maybe even Excadrill with Drill Liner IMO.

TRio scenes were also good in this episode, but the funniest moments were Satoshi's Pokemon's reactions upon meeting scraggy, LOL, Snivy was really the coolest, But Oshawott was also as wonderful as ever, and did you notice the sparklez as Snivy jumped?

Iris and Axew gathering and making herbal medicines was nice too, and i don't think Iris used those pajamas in BW011, but i don't remember correctly, overall a nice episode for Iris too, even if she wasn't focused on her, yes, i'm an Iris Fan xD.

best part for me was Axew Vs Scraggy, i think both of them can develop easier with that rivalry, and i wouldn't mind if we had more rematches from those two, was it my impression or Dragon Rage had a smaller range this time? if it did i think its because of the charging time, also the destruction power being weaker was justified because of the rocky ground.

i would like if Iris had more things to do in the next episode, but judging from the preview i'm 50/50 on this subject.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    I know some of you guys hate Kibago, but I just adore the little dragon. He's so cute!
    Oh good. So I'm not alone.

Yeah, I do have to like Kibago/Axew. He's an ickle thing with tusks, how am I supposed to resist that? I've been wanting to see him do more, but more for his own sake than anything else. This episode was a step in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^^ don't worry, there's plenty of us!
    even with Axew not being the focus in this one, it did shine a little bit, and bit by bit is how he is going to be developed, i think this rivarly will end up being mutually advantegeous

It's Fishing Time~ JennaJayfeather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:) I love the little dragon as well. Axew is so cute ^_^

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast