REVIEW: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Heh. I knew this would be fun. This episode has some great moments for Caption the Screenshots

-Okay, so yeah, Zuruggu is a great addition to the show. Even if he is kind of a brat, at least he's funny with it. I hope he has more interactions with the other mons like this later. And I definitely can see them keeping that rivalry with Kibago going. More than one case of them getting pissed off at each other makes for some great entertainment.

-The result of headbutt:
    Mamepato-Got scared and ran
    Mijumaru-Got pissed off and had to be dragged away but then tried to beat him up
    Pokabu-Didn't affect him because he's too strong now
    Tsutarja-Was all "oh please" and just pushed him away with Vine Whip.

I love things like that.

-The all-out battle against the Denchura was awesome. Nuff said. (and we will never see Denchura again. ) This scene had my favorite part of the episode with Zuruggu looking at all of the other Pokemon with awe as he saw how strong they were. Clearly his desire is to become stronger as well (though, I think pissing off Denchura was the first clue of that)

-Hey, Iris does wear PJs! Cute!

-Wow, was the TRio moments disjointed today or what? It was good to see them have a nice amount of screentime, but I think it should have all been in one long cut instead of three separate scenes. Well, we'll see where the Meteonite thing is going in...19.

-Zuruggu vs. Kibago...yeah, I've got nothing to add on that. Kiba fought well against him with all those Scratches. Reminded me of Hajime no Ippo :D
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Oh that's rather cheap of the writers.

Scraggy doesn't learn Headbutt until Level 12. And it should know low kick, sand attack and faint attack before headbutt.

I think that means, Scraggy isn't going to learn any of those moves. Shame about Faint Attack though, I guess it'll likely learn Crunch then. Still hoping for Brick Break though.
    He'll learn whatever the writers want him to. Level tends not to matter.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Fair enough XD At the same time, though, one of the running themes of the episode was the fact that Zurug's headbutts didn't really do much damage at all. I'm sure Ishizumai, with its hard shell and all, would have been OK.

It's also weird that Dent didn't release his pokemon during the scene where everyone's eating their pokemon food.
    I got the impression that Ishizumai was really skittish; it would probably have gone nuts and attacked Scraggy (*shudder*) like it did Pansage. Granted, different circumstances, but it's probably best to play it safe when you're dealing with a newborn baby.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the reason they had Zuruggu use Headbutt as his main attack was because his Dex entry mentions him using it on anyone meeting his gaze...which is what happened in this episode.

Plus, y'know, game rules aside, I don't see why it has to gain experience in order to whack someone with his head.

Blog Entries

BW17

- Iris if you stop Kibago from doing whatver it is about to do like you did last episode then you are officially a spreader of boredom.
    - Aaaand you don't. I am glad.
    - This music playing after the opening is quite nice.
    - Don't get too excited there Kibago.
    - Cheese rolling!
    - I'm surprised that Satoshi didn't call out for Lightning Speed earlier but I'm glad he had the thought in his mind. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened with a cracked Pokémon egg though.
    - I'm loving the facial expressions from Zurrugu already. I especially like the shocked one it does before the aggressiveness kicks in.
    - Iris, the "Kibago only knows two moves..." comment is quite the hint :P
    - This reminds me heavily of Yannapu vs Kibago, which is a good thing.
    - Awww, Mamepato's blank look after the headbutt was quite adorable.
    - Should have hid the shell in your pants Zurrugu.
    - Loving Tsutarja's sparkles just from jumping :D
    - That was quite the boring Rocket scene.
    - And there's another one so soon after. I agree with those who said it was clunky positioning of scenes.
    - Kibago is being very active in this episode far and I'm finding it quite enjoyable.
    - Quite a beating from Denchura. Hated that Satoshi used Pikachu and 100,000 Volts. Seriously.
    - Looks like I misjudged a bit, Iris does so something. I like that we see Iris helping injured Pokémon again. Hope to maybe learn why she knows so much about that in the future.
    - Ehhhh, would be happy for another Rocket absent ep again now.
    - Those are quite awesome shots of everyone's faces going into the Denchura fight.
    - While that fight was quite short, I enjoyed that everyone on Satoshi's team at that point got to do something. It sort of gives me hope that we'll see them all out in action more.
    - Glad to see that Kibago and Zurrugu are fighting. The two of them are getting a lot of focus. I wouldn't say no to them having a few more rematches as it seems like they can develop their battling skills quite well this way.

so here's the million pokedollar question.

After seeing the episode, does anyone still believe Iris will get it at some point?

I sure as heck don't see it now, i see it staying with Ash.

Mijumaru nearly killed me with laughter, that's the funniest i've ever seen it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    Mijumaru nearly killed me with laughter, that's the funniest i've ever seen it.
    I'm not a fan of Mijumaru's brattiness and such, but its tantrum against Zurrugu was really funny. If it keeps up with this kind of humour then I'm sure I'll start to like it.

You know, Zuruggu in this episode gave off a Treecko vibe to me because they're actually quite similar. Both are really anti-social, hate being beaten in a fight and didn't take kindly to Ash at first.

Did anyone else notice this?

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

It's a pity Iris and Dent didn't send out all their encapsulated pokes during the Denchura showdown, as we've yet to see a scene which showcases all of their pokemon together (plus I just want to see Doryuuzu again, period). Would have been kickass, even if all Dory would have done would be to curl up in the corner until one of the spiders accidentally knocked him. Other than that, I really enjoyed this one. Nice to see Kiba play a more active role, even if his battle against Scraggy was relatively short, and I loved seeing more of Snivy's aloof, snooty attitude. The way she casually helped Osha out during the battle was seriously cool.

Blog Entries

And the Cyndaquil factor strikes again. It is neat to see the reactions of all of Ash's pokemon. Snivy is just all nonchalant through this whole thing. Looks like Osha isn't done being silly after all. I still feel he's getting more serious. It'll be interesting to see how Ash handles the unruly Scraggy, especially considering Iris's problem.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was probably the best ep of BW so far.

Zugguru was hilarous and all of Ash's Pokemon shined in this ep. I loved the scenes of its rivalry with Kibago and the electric spiders.

The TR stuff was slightly more interesting, if only because it feels like this stuff is finally going somewhere.

Great episode. I can't think of a single thing about this ep that was bad, really good all around.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Great episode. I can't think of a single thing about this ep that was bad, really good all around.
    And they say miracles don't exist, pf.

Oh, I also liked Iris' mention that Kibago would be a big brother to the egg and he got all happy. Cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    and I loved seeing more of Snivy's aloof, snooty attitude. The way she casually helped Osha out during the battle was seriously cool.
    Yeah, I forgot about that. That was a pretty nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    And the Cyndaquil factor strikes again.
    I don't get it.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Iris really should think about a breeder career. It's most suitable job for her...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Dawn's Cyndaquil hatched automatically knowing how to battle as well.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Dawn's Cyndaquil hatched automatically knowing how to battle as well.
    Oh, I gotcha. Makes sense.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast