REVIEW: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    And I kind of hinted at this earlier, but I missed seeing Dent's pokemon. Like, everyone else brings out all their pokemon (well, with the exception of Doryuuzu, for various reasons), but Dent doesn't. I guess he's not interested in introducing them to Satoshi's new friend?
    Would you want to introduce your Pokemon to a Zuruggu who headbutts anyone for no reason at all? xD

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Actually Iris didn't bring out any pokemon as well. Kibago was never in a pokeball...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Okey-doke, I've looked at some screenshots. Spoiler tagged due to length.

And I kind of hinted at this earlier, but I missed seeing Dent's pokemon. Like, everyone else brings out all their pokemon (well, with the exception of Doryuuzu, for various reasons), but Dent doesn't. I guess he's not interested in introducing them to Satoshi's new friend?
    That reminds me. When was the last time we saw Ishizumai? Its capture episode?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I guess he's not interested in introducing them to Satoshi's new friend?
    Maybe Dent doesn't like Dark-types? Maybe the new Pokemon is too unrefined and he was afraid it might dirty him Pokemon with dust? He thinks its ugly? It could be that Dent was waiting to see how Scraggy (*shudder*) interacted with others.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I did get some Mukubird / Mukuhawk vibes from Mamepato today. Which...well, I don't know how I feel about that. I loved the Mukus and all, but I don't want Mamepato to just be a rehash of the awesome bird from Shin'ou.

Tsutarja also made me laugh with how apathetic it acted toward everything and everyone in this episode.

Pokabu...meh.

Mijumaru was pretty entertaining, I thought. It feels like the writers have realized that, hey, we don't need it to be a Potchama 2.0 and are trying to limit the pokemon's appearances. Hopefully they'll continue to show restraint.

you know what'' coming from you i would expect better? why do you still pronounce the Japanese name even though the nearly half of the english ones have been reveled?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon DP > Pokemon View Post
    you know what'' coming from you i would expect better? why do you still pronounce the Japanese name even though the nearly half of the english ones have been reveled?
    Dogasu always use original names...

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
    That reminds me. When was the last time we saw Ishizumai? Its capture episode?
    In BW12, Yabukuron's episode.

Blog Entries

Japanese names are the original names, besides, it's his choice. Use the name you want to use but don't pick on others for using them.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice to get group scenes...especially a battle one, at that. We haven't had too many of those in BW except the awkward one at the end of the Tsutarja episode, and the little montage at the end of the Yabukuron episode.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Japanese names are the original names, besides, it's his choice. Use the name you want to use but don't pick on others for using them.
    im not picking on anyone' all im saying is why do people still pronounce the Japanese names while the English one's are a lot easier to pronounce?

Dogasu has always used Japanese names for Pokemon. The only time he uses localisations is when he is doing an episode comparison and he refers to the lines of a character when dubbed.

Which reminded me, when I made the list of episode points I didn't refer to Kibago as Axew (even thought I referred to Ash's other Pokemon by their confirmed names). Maybe Kibago is too deeply embedded in my head.

im not picking on anyone' all im saying is why do people still pronounce the Japanese names while the English one's are a lot easier to pronounce?
    How are they a lot easier?

Blog Entries

Well, he's not pronouncing them...

Plus Dogasu actually knows Japanese, and he even lives in Japan part-time and teaches kids English. If anyone has enough cred to use the Japanese names, it'd be him...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja
    Would you want to introduce your Pokemon to a Zuruggu who headbutts anyone for no reason at all? xD
    Fair enough XD At the same time, though, one of the running themes of the episode was the fact that Zurug's headbutts didn't really do much damage at all. I'm sure Ishizumai, with its hard shell and all, would have been OK.

It's also weird that Dent didn't release his pokemon during the scene where everyone's eating their pokemon food.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Yeah, I liked how Zuruggu pretty much seemed to be all talk...pretty fitting considering what he's based off of and all.

Still, I'd like to see him get serious and evolve into Zuruzukin at some point, but for now I'm just glad he's on the cast.

Blog Entries

Fair enough XD At the same time, though, one of the running themes of the episode was the fact that Zurug's headbutts didn't really do much damage at all. I'm sure Ishizumai, with its hard shell and all, would have been OK.

It's also weird that Dent didn't release his pokemon during the scene where everyone's eating their pokemon food.
    Yeah, it annoys me as well how Dent's Pokemon get ignored. But I guess this episode was all about Zuruggu bonding with Ash's Pokemon, not Iris's or Dent's. But still, what's the last time we saw Doryuuzu and Ishizumai? (BW009 and BW0013?)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast